Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:41:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any recommendations for a blockchain receive/send alert app for Android?  (Read 565 times)
CoinUser123 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 07:08:06 PM

If I want to know when a particular Bitcoin address sends or receives a payment, is there an Android app that will notify me via an alarm? Preferably one that polls the blockchain at least every 30 seconds to check for a transaction.

I know Blockchain.info offers this...but Blockchain.info has been having major issues recently..I don't feel safe keeping coins with them.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!!
FruitsBasket
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 07:11:39 PM

If I want to know when a particular Bitcoin address sends or receives a payment, is there an Android app that will notify me via an alarm? Preferably one that polls the blockchain at least every 30 seconds to check for a transaction.

I know Blockchain.info offers this...but Blockchain.info has been having major issues recently..I don't feel safe keeping coins with them.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!!
I don't think such an app exists.
If you don't feel safe, then make some backups of your private key. Also make a strong password on you wallet, use cappitals, numbers.

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 07:13:05 PM

An app like that would need to have access to the blockchain, im not sure if this could be done if it's not all under the same api like, wallet+blockchain explorer (blockchain.info type)
It sounds really cool and im interested tho.
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 07:36:49 PM

no app like that. it could be hard app to be made .
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 07:59:55 PM

Not that I know of application like this but I know that there are several email services like this. So if you have your email notifications on your phone enabled, you get the same thing.

Coinspy is one of them, coinpatrol another. Please research are these legit services since I haven't used any of them. I have just heard of them.
mixan
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:05:36 PM

Anything is possible in this time we live in. It would take some major backing because I don't think the developers would do this for free. It would also take a lot of man hours to perfect it to not make any impact on what it was intended for. Difficult but I think it can be done under concession of a major player in the bitcoin world, Winklevosses maybe?

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:21:04 PM

Anything is possible in this time we live in. It would take some major backing because I don't think the developers would do this for free. It would also take a lot of man hours to perfect it to not make any impact on what it was intended for. Difficult but I think it can be done under concession of a major player in the bitcoin world, Winklevosses maybe?

that why i said it could be hard to be made. only few people need something like this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: