Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:32:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to "wash" your coins  (Read 3762 times)
FruitsBasket (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 07:34:17 PM

I am ineterested on how to wash your coins. By that I mean that I get my coins inn a new address but untraceable?

It is not that I am doing something wrong. I am just interested.

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:04:19 PM

I am ineterested on how to wash your coins. By that I mean that I get my coins inn a new address but untraceable?

Different tumblers and mixers do exist but people claim that these are not 100% sure, that they don't work 100% as advertised. This what you want to do is actually quite hard to do, as the address trail will almost always be left somewhere.

Bitcoin is semi anonymous, it protects your real world info very well if you are careful enough not to attach it to the certain address. Addresses on the other hand are quite hard to hide since they are seen and findable by everyone on the blockchain.
FruitsBasket (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:07:41 PM

Different tumblers and mixers do exist but people claim that these are not 100% sure, that they don't work 100% as advertised. This what you want to do is actually quite hard to do, as the address trail will almost always be left somewhere.

Bitcoin is semi anonymous, it protects your real world info very well if you are careful enough not to attach it to the certain address. Addresses on the other hand are quite hard to hide since they are seen and findable by everyone on the blockchain.
Thank you for the explaining Smiley
Have you ever used it before?

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:13:40 PM

I think the best way is to have your own Bitcoin exchange. This is why exchanges are under the radar of AML law.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:16:00 PM

You need some caution with mixing services. It's prime scam territory so check reviews carefully on here before taking the plunge. Another alternative is to deposit coins on an exchange and withdraw. Most of them pool coins in the same address so outputs will be difficult to trace.

Your name of course will be attached unless you use an altcoin only exchange that doesn't require ID. Again, make sure you're using a well regarded alt exchange.
Nikinger

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:53:09 PM

I think the best way is to have your own Bitcoin exchange. This is why exchanges are under the radar of AML law.
I don't think that's a good idea because you have track everything because of these KYC/AML laws.

Some of the best option are in operating your own (onion) mixer service which is being well-established and trusted. In this case you have full control of the log files created by your own service. If I were a mixer operator which is taking it's own medicine, I would also keep logs for troubleshooting for 7 days but encrypt the logs with an asymmetric encryption scheme like RSA2048.

1EwKrY5Bn3T47r4tYqSv6mMQkUyu7hZckV
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:57:07 PM

Thank you for the explaining Smiley
Have you ever used it before?

No, honestly never. I never had any need of it. All that I have written above is from reading and experience of others. I you need more info, I am sure people will share their experiences and you can find everything online by researching and reading various threads.
Aswan
Legendary

Activity: 1734
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:58:08 PM

Exchange them into coins that have privacy features, use said features and then exchange them back to bitcoin.
Goldman Sucks

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:59:43 PM

With cryptonote coins such as Monero (XMR), the mix is built into the protocol. So when you send the coin, it is not traceable. You do not need a mixing service.
FruitsBasket (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 09:00:17 PM

Exchange them into coins that have privacy features, use said features and then exchange them back to bitcoin.
Wow, that is really smart Smiley
I will do that if I need my coins mixed :p

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
UserVVIP

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 09:03:11 PM

I would recommend bitmixer.io

I have never had a problem with them ever.
zPanda

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 09:52:33 PM

It's called tumbling or mixing.

https://bitmixer.io/index.html

A famous site.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 09:54:30 PM

If the solution you are hearing is "mixing them" that is a risky proposition because:

1. You have to trust the mixing party will send you coins back

2. You may get more dirty coins (linked to a theft/crime)

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

ShopemNL
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 09:56:45 PM

You can buy mint coins (comming from miners) with your regular coins?

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 10:07:57 PM

You're depositing BTC on an exchange and you'd want to withdraw BTC from an exchange. Everything probably ends up in the same hot wallet no matter how many other coins you're running in and out of.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 10:13:04 PM

You are Party A. The other party is Party B, a mixer, person or whatever.

You have address A and address B. The BTC is on address A.

Party B has a mixer where you send bitcoin to address C and (effectively) a separate source of bitcoin ends up coming out of address D. In reality, address D could be a large source of addresses.

You send your BTC from address A to address C, where the mixer mixes it for their own use for other things. You then get bitcoin from a separate source of mixed bitcoin (without the bitcoin you sent to address C) which goes from address D to address B. Therefore you have moved the BTC from address A to address B and mixed it, or "washed" it.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 11:14:59 PM

i pass them through an old zx spectrum basic system Tongue

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
AltcoinInvestor

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 11:22:42 PM

You can put it through a bitcoin tumbler such as bitmixer. They will take a small fee though.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 02:14:39 AM

I would recommend bitmixer.io

I have never had a problem with them ever.

Seconded.  I have used bitmixer.io many times just to keep my own BTC trail more private.  They have always treated me right.

Once I had a problem (my fault, but not scam, an honest reparable mistake), and they fixed me up after I proved my case.

Highly recommended.  Their fee is a semi-random amount (more or less your choice) of between 0.5% - 1.0%.

Do follow the instructions!
Rude Boy

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 02:20:21 AM

User some mixers like bitmixer.io for untracable. If you don't trust the mixers, then send your coins to any exchange or a gambling site (don't play that) and withdraw to another bitcoin address after the transaction was confirmed. That's it you'd done Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: