Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:08:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer s7 stop hashing Help please - BITMAIN  (Read 9387 times)
sajidfbi (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:04:48 PM

Hi,
 One of my Antminer s7 stop hashing after 2 days, everything is all fine, I have checked with different power supplies and also with different Internet connection , I have also make it hard reset few times but it doesn't hash, I can't access it through any ip on my lan not directly with any pc, once I plugged in all pins and turn it on then after red and yellow light indication it's lan lights blink only while the hashing light which is yellow blinking during hashing doesn't turn on and it's not hash nor I can access it with lan as it doesn't appear in lan! please help.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:54:04 PM

1) upgrade to the latest firmware.
2) Try another PSU
3) Check boards/Fans.

Hope it will help you.

Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 09:27:46 PM

try only the PSU replacment.
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 12:46:10 AM

If you are not able to troubleshoot yet, send an email to info@bitmaintech.com with the problems you are having, attach pictures to expedite the process. Since the miners are less than 30 days old, not many people have experienced what you are experiencing now.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 01:23:18 AM

If you are not able to troubleshoot yet, send an email to info@bitmaintech.com with the problems you are having, attach pictures to expedite the process. Since the miners are less than 30 days old, not many people have experienced what you are experiencing now.

Even if you are still working with it I would put in a ticket or email.  This get's it on record with problem and hopefully you have part of 90 day warranty still there.

I would agree a different PSU might be possible.  What is your current PSU model and how many watts?
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 03:05:46 AM

I interpret the new warranty they have laid out for the S5+, S7 and for today to say you cannot remove the screws before you speak with them.

Although the instructions said to inspect each heatsink to make sure they were not dislodged.

I am only throwing that out there to reiterate the need to be in touch with info@bitmaintech.com
That is the only place you will get warranty help, and you need it.

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
sajidfbi (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 07:54:35 AM

2) Try another PSU
3) Check boards/Fans.

Hope it will help you.

How can I upgrade to latest firmware as I can't even access the machine through IP or LAN.
I have checked with several PSU as I got 22 Antminer s7 from first batch.
Fans and Boards seem to be working fine but can't access the machine as it doesn't connect to the LAN or doesn't assign the IP to access the interface.

Already sent an email to BITMAIN hope to have this solve soon
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 03:06:40 PM

2) Try another PSU
3) Check boards/Fans.

Hope it will help you.

How can I upgrade to latest firmware as I can't even access the machine through IP or LAN.
Fans and Boards seem to be working fine but can't access the machine as it doesn't connect to the LAN or doesn't assign the IP to access the interface.

I would think if you are running that many S7 miners you should invest in some of those long controller cables so you could plug a couple miners into one controller in case one goes down as that is what you may very well have. I believe it was said one controller can run up 9 boards or 3 miners. It would help a lot in trouble shooting a problem.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 03:12:21 PM

Any other S7 related technical questions please put in the main S7 thread or in one of my threads. Making a new thread for every problem dilutes the ability to help, clutters the subforum and blocks out others.

Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 03:48:31 PM

[OT]
Any other S7 related technical questions please put in the main S7 thread or in one of my threads. Making a new thread for every problem dilutes the ability to help, clutters the subforum and blocks out others.

Listen to him. Otherwise dogie  abuse again Trust Rate süstem, and makes you a false accusation negative, as it is written to me already 2 times (He erased the first negative comment )

dogie- You  never will  be here  Moderator, You're too conflictual person for that.

Themes emerge and die, let them go down the natural way.

[/OT]

...I believe it was said one controller can run up 9 boards or 3 miners. It would help a lot in trouble shooting a problem.

Only 6 boards with September and October firmware.

They will tell you the same, try test  miner with  another S7 miner controller.

sajidfbi (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 05:30:37 PM

2) Try another PSU
3) Check boards/Fans.

Hope it will help you.

I would think if you are running that many S7 miners you should invest in some of those long controller cables so you could plug a couple miners into one controller in case one goes down as that is what you may very well have. I believe it was said one controller can run up 9 boards or 3 miners. It would help a lot in trouble shooting a problem.

How can I connect one controller to different boards or one controller for multiple s7?
sajidfbi (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 07:39:47 PM

[OT]

Listen to him. Otherwise dogie  abuse again Trust Rate süstem, and makes you a false accusation negative, as it is written to me already 2 times (He erased the first negative comment )

dogie- You  never will  be here  Moderator, You're too conflictual person for that.

Themes emerge and die, let them go down the natural way.

[/OT]

...I believe it was said one controller can run up 9 boards or 3 miners. It would help a lot in trouble shooting a problem.

Only 6 boards with September and October firmware.

They will tell you the same, try test  miner with  another S7 miner controller.

Can you guide how to connect single controller for multiple boards or s7?
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 08:36:22 PM

2) Try another PSU
3) Check boards/Fans.

Hope it will help you.

How can I connect one controller to different boards or one controller for multiple s7?

You should find your answers here...https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1173573.0
sajidfbi (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 05:52:37 PM

2) Try another PSU
3) Check boards/Fans.

Hope it will help you.

You should find your answers here...https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1173573.0

I have just tried with another controller, but it's not turning on, I have tried connected several hashing board to different working s7 controller but it's not turning on nor hashing, even when I change the position of the plug or put the 18 pin plug to another empty pin while it's  same working machines board but the hashing board doesn't start, any help please
Tupsu
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 06:05:48 PM

I have just tried with another controller, but it's not turning on, I have tried connected several hashing board to different working s7 controller but it's not turning on nor hashing, even when I change the position of the plug or put the 18 pin plug to another empty pin while it's  same working machines board but the hashing board doesn't start, any help please

Do not you have a screwdriver ?
you can take the S7 controller from working miner and replace it iwith  the non-working miner controller.

So you can find out, it  is the  controller fault or not . As I understand, you already did it.

If with the other controller miner does not go to work, it is hasboard(s) fault.

sajidfbi (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 06:59:26 PM

Do not you have a screwdriver ?
you can take the S7 controller from working miner and replace it iwith  the non-working miner controller.

So you can find out, it  is the  controller fault or not . As I understand, you already did it.

If with the other controller miner does not go to work, it is hasboard(s) fault.

I will try this option now by removing one controller from one machin to check with the one which is not working
coinbeast

Activity: 68

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 07:13:25 AM

The problem is likely your controller.

To get your 6 boards to work on one controller, copy the 18 pin data cable connection layout from the forum link posted before.

If you plug them into the wrong plug the controller won't recognise the hashing board.

I have the same problem with one of my controllers.

One of my boards in one miner won't show up unless I don't power on my controller board for about 10 minutes after the hashing boards. But they still drop out eventually. Sometimes 2 days, but other times, like right now, within minutes of running.

sajidfbi (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 10:00:39 PM

The problem is likely your controller.

To get your 6 boards to work on one controller, copy the 18 pin data cable connection layout from the forum link posted before.

If you plug them into the wrong plug the controller won't recognise the hashing board.

I have the same problem with one of my controllers.

One of my boards in one miner won't show up unless I don't power on my controller board for about 10 minutes after the hashing boards. But they still drop out eventually. Sometimes 2 days, but other times, like right now, within minutes of running.

Actually the problem is in hashing board, I have tested few working controllers with machines, while it's controller is all fine, it's even shows the ASIC chips, temperature and fan rpm but it doesn't hash even after few minutes the controller got unaccessable while machin keep turn on the  red light.
sajidfbi (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 10:03:03 PM

EVEN BITMAIN TECH DOESN'T RESPONSE
Tupsu
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 10:06:45 PM