Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:53:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why gold price going down?  (Read 9751 times)
paka

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 10:41:00 PM

Sometimes the dollar is strong, and obviously gold goes down. In the long term I believe though gold will always outperform the fiat scam.
it can also who investment in gold look bitcoin price increase and dump their gold and buy bitcoin.

Yeah in long term Gold always win, but could someday there is a new material that exceeds the gold on earth. Tongue
gold always win? i dont think so, you know this year price gold decrease 30% an potential decrease more. i think bitcoin is still won as a good investment

Good Investment? yeah, if you were the first to buy btc like $1-5 then its a good investment

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
futurebit640

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 11:56:00 PM

Sometimes the dollar is strong, and obviously gold goes down. In the long term I believe though gold will always outperform the fiat scam.
it can also who investment in gold look bitcoin price increase and dump their gold and buy bitcoin.

Yeah in long term Gold always win, but could someday there is a new material that exceeds the gold on earth. Tongue
gold always win? i dont think so, you know this year price gold decrease 30% an potential decrease more. i think bitcoin is still won as a good investment

Are you sure what your talking? Bitcoin prices came down couple of years ago from 1000+ to until 200 level. Can you think of the situation of people who has brought these btc at that high price? Since last few weeks btc prices went up that doesn't mean that btc is good but one should think long term perspective. Gold has a solid reason to go down because of USD appreciation but surely gold will again go up once all those economy issues resolved. But btc price movement no reasons just traders are controlling the prices.
raaajlucky

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 02:18:07 AM

Are you sure what your talking? Bitcoin prices came down couple of years ago from 1000+ to until 200 level. Can you think of the situation of people who has brought these btc at that high price? Since last few weeks btc prices went up that doesn't mean that btc is good but one should think long term perspective. Gold has a solid reason to go down because of USD appreciation but surely gold will again go up once all those economy issues resolved. But btc price movement no reasons just traders are controlling the prices.

Yes currently gold prices are going down because USD is going up and next month USA thinking to increase interest rate so currently gold prices are going down.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 08:55:25 AM

it was the same for gold back then, it was at 19xx? what about those people that bought gold at that price and now they have the shitty 1xxx value? lost 50%
Linuld

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 09:59:09 AM

it was the same for gold back then, it was at 19xx? what about those people that bought gold at that price and now they have the shitty 1xxx value? lost 50%

Could you please tell us in which year gold prices was 19xx? As for as I know the gold prices in 2012 was around 1500+ and now 1100 range due to USD appreciation and once the economy issue and USD price settle down then gold prices again will start going up. But BTC prices no one knows why it is moving up or down, do you know? So some what I'm convinced with futurebit640 explanation and I vote for gold higher than bitcoin for long term investments.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 12:30:06 PM

Could you please tell us in which year gold prices was 19xx? As for as I know the gold prices in 2012 was around 1500+ and now 1100 range due to USD appreciation and once the economy issue and USD price settle down then gold prices again will start going up. But BTC prices no one knows why it is moving up or down, do you know? So some what I'm convinced with futurebit640 explanation and I vote for gold higher than bitcoin for long term investments.

all time chart

it was above 2k
faridkifly

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 09:28:14 AM

Why is gold price falling now, even when bitcoin price going up?

I want to know that.
unfortunately, until now I do not know what makes the price of gold up and down
raaajlucky

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 11:45:26 AM

Why is gold price falling now, even when bitcoin price going up?

I want to know that.
unfortunately, until now I do not know what makes the price of gold up and down

In simple words Gold prices will go up when share market and global economy is down. Because it's a safe heaven during economical crisis
Lituation

Activity: 698

Free Speech is the most important thing.

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 01:12:31 PM

Where did you get that conclusion? Because gold is going up, not down. It's more than %20 up in last 365 days.
If you are short-term trader in gold, I'm afraid to say but you'll watch melting your initial investment.
Xeelee

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 01:16:56 PM

Gold was under pressure because of intervention of the big banks and central banks.

NXT-Wallet: NXT-UBDL-3XU4-NQBZ-FT33G
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 02:54:34 PM

Gold was under pressure because of intervention of the big banks and central banks.

But it will recover for sure once the demand increases...
Here at my place, I see it increasing everytime we have some festival, and especially we see an increase in price of Gold during New Year...
Gold ain't a bad investment, but not better than Bitcoins though... Wink

ultimatesky

Activity: 714

SkyFall

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 03:19:10 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2015, 10:36:02 AM by ultimatesky

For something like Gold to keep raising in value, there has to be demand

And if there's demand it needs to be mined by gold miners

It takes a lot of work and effort to mine for gold, it's not as easy as it is in Minecraft
shamati (OP)

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 08:16:18 PM

Gold again fall today.

Because of bitcoin? Whats happening guys?

smith coins

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 08:21:13 PM

I think that the end of the year makes people to spend more than ever at the year.
Many holidays are in the end of the year and people may not be interested much in bitcoin.
And if the interest of people decreases then the price will basically stay or drop a bit.
raaajlucky

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 03:19:41 AM

Gold again fall today.

Not because of bitcoin. It is because of USD appreciating by thinking FED will increase interest rates next month. Until that it will go down.
sukjaidee

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 04:51:19 AM

The number tell story
Linuld

Activity: 473

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 07:03:33 AM

Gold again fall today.

Not because of bitcoin. It is because of USD appreciating by thinking FED will increase interest rates next month. Until that it will go down.

Yes that is very correct there is no link between bitcoin prices and gold prices. These two are completely different segments. Bitcoins prices depends only on demand and supply of btc but gold prices are linked to countries economy. As of now USD is appreciating almost every day so gold prices are going down.
zenitzz

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 07:10:07 AM

Because it is very speculative and is used by investors to dump short term money waiting for a turbulent market to calm down. When the market calms down, investors sell off gold to purchase stocks driving gold down. If the market stays calm for the long term, it is likely to drive gold further down as more investors pull money out.
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 11:22:30 AM

some reason it that gold has breached key support levels as the dollar gained after Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen told Congress last week that the Fed is on course to raise interest rates if the US economy expands as expected.
A rise in US interest rates will attract investors to the dollar for higher returns, driving up its value.
raaajlucky

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 02:34:16 PM

some reason it that gold has breached key support levels as the dollar gained after Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen told Congress last week that the Fed is on course to raise interest rates if the US economy expands as expected.
A rise in US interest rates will attract investors to the dollar for higher returns, driving up its value.

I think still gold price will go down further until next month end for sure. After FED decision then it may or may not go up.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: