Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:37:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Good signals to trade BTC  (Read 1573 times)
unemployed (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2011, 09:11:43 PM

Let's make a list of potentially good signals to predict BTC price movements
1. Number of news about bitcoin last day http://www.google.com/search?q=bitcoin&hl=en&tbm=nws&tbs=qdr:d . Or better number of non-blog or mainstream news.
2. Number of twitter messages containing "bitcoin" last day (how to measure it? the newest are displayed here http://www.google.com/search?q=bitcoin&hl=en&tbs=rltm:1 )
3. Amount of btc in unconfirmed transactions. If there are large movements, it may indicate, that someone is moving BTC to mtgox to sell them.
wget -q http://bitcoincharts.com/bitcoin/ -O - |grep input|sed 's/[^0-9.]//g'|awk '{sum+=$1}END{print sum}'
4. Time. Usually between 8:00am-12:00 happens a large rise, when usd flows into mtgox/dwolla

╭═══════ Petlife ═══════╮
   Blockchain in veterinary medicine    │
╰════ https://icopet.life/ ════╯

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stic.man

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 09:13:41 PM

probably when dipshits make threads screaming "COLLAPSE"
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 09:18:46 PM

Best indicator for large movement in either direction I've observed is an extended period of low volatility...  Grin
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 08:07:26 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2011, 03:16:01 PM by Stephen Gornick

Let's make a list of potentially good signals to predict BTC price movements

The "weekend dip" was a regular occurrence where if by Wednsday evening the 7-day high was lower than the previous 7day's high, then sell on Wednesday night / Thursday morning and buy everything back on Sunday late afternoon for a 10- to 15% profit.   An underlying reason for this was CoinCard was cashing out bitcoins and acted as a spigot allowing withdrawals but at the same time during the weekend there was no incoming bank wire or other method to add funds.

Today, with Dwolla and several other funding methods, I don't know that the same behavior will recur.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

stakhanov

Activity: 175
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 08:31:19 AM

Best indicator for large movement in either direction I've observed is an extended period of low volatility...  Grin

Just like earthquakes: tectonic energy builds up, until a sudden release comes and moves everything around.
Horkabork

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 08:50:34 AM

Personally, I have a series of omens and signals. Yesterday, I threw a dart at a map on the wall and it hit Puerto Rico. P is the 16th letter of the alphabet, which is just above the middle, so I planned for a small rise and it was right. Thank you, Puerto Rico. Namaste. Then, about 3 hours ago, I meditated about Bitcoin and opened Women's Day magazine randomly, and there was an ad for Head and Shoulders shampoo. Of course, this was a spiritual reference to a bearish "head and shoulders" reversal pattern, which is exactly what happened.

A few days ago, I tripped over a dog toy and the first thing that I saw after this attention-getting moment was my DVD for the movie, "Up". Of course, that meant that bitcoin was going to go up, and it immediately shot up. At the end of last month, before the large difficulty increase, I accidentally bumped my head, and of course that injury was my ancestor's way of telling me that there would be a "bump" in BTC exchange rate. Later, right at about when it peaked, I found an old package of Marshmallow Peeps from Easter. Surely, as "peep" rhymes with "peak" it meant that I needed to sell immediately. Also they were the rare red Peeps, which is the color of a negative change on my chartbook.

Me: 15gbWvpLPfbLJZBsL2u5gkBdL3BUXDbTuF
A goat: http://i52.tinypic.com/34pj4v6.jpg
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 09:59:35 AM

Just like earthquakes: tectonic energy builds up, until a sudden release comes and moves everything around.

Smiley

Or just like sitting in the lavatory randomly reading Women's Day magazine (thanks Horkabork Cheesy) and waiting for the tectonic-energy-release-stuff...  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: