Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:36:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-11-07] Apple Allows Another Bitcoin Based Mobile App  (Read 664 times)
coinyoo (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 11:53:33 AM

Apple Allows Another Bitcoin Based Mobile App
Apple recently started to give more freedom to iOS app developers in integrating digital currencies and in-game tokens including bitcoin.
http://www.altcointoday.com/apple-allows-another-bitcoin-based-mobile-app/

RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 12:16:17 PM

Nice to see more developers starting to make use of bitcoin for in-game rewards/payments and also good to see that Apple allows these kind of apps onto the store.

I'm sure that this will help drive adoption as there will be players of those games who have never owned/worked with bitcoin before and who will now be introduced to it through the games.
OrientA

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 02:40:57 PM

It is good that Apple allow bitcoin based mobile app. It will help the adoption of bitcoin and make more people aware of the digital currency.
coinyoo (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 02:44:54 PM

Me either, I think Apple is feeling the presure that more and more people want to see Bitcoin apps on the App-Store. I usually test all new iOS-based Bitcoin apps when they are released to support the movement. Everyone should do Smiley

christycalhoun

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 03:25:51 PM

That is great since it opens up new users on a new platform. I still refuse to buy Apple products though.

Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 03:28:50 PM

Apple recently started to give more freedom to iOS app developers in integrating digital currencies and in-game tokens including bitcoin.
AFAIK apple has been allowing bitcoin apps for the better part of 2 years, the best game ive seen on ios that tips bitcoin is sarutobi. this wheels of bitcoin sounds great too, ill try it soon Grin.
coinyoo (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 10:55:17 AM

Yes, but Apple is also rejecting a lot of cryptocurrency-based Apps. For that reason the new policy is great for Bitcoin.

AFAIK apple has been allowing bitcoin apps for the better part of 2 years, the best game ive seen on ios that tips bitcoin is sarutobi. this wheels of bitcoin sounds great too, ill try it soon Grin.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 01:23:29 PM

That is great since it opens up new users on a new platform. I still refuse to buy Apple products though.

I am not going to trust Apple ever again. Now they will allow a few apps, and maybe a few days latter, they will again ban them. Those idiots who had these apps installed on their iphones will lose their coins, and they will start smashing up their mobiles and all that. Apple will remain as one of the toughest opponents of Bitcoin.
OrientA

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 11:59:40 AM

I am not going to trust Apple ever again. Now they will allow a few apps, and maybe a few days latter, they will again ban them. Those idiots who had these apps installed on their iphones will lose their coins, and they will start smashing up their mobiles and all that. Apple will remain as one of the toughest opponents of Bitcoin.

I have an iphone which after iOS update, it cannot receive WiFi signal any more. I checked online, there are many users having the same problem. But Apple does not solve the problem for its users. So it lost me as its customer. I move to other brands.

If Apple accepts payment in bitcoin, I might use it again.
acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 12:04:09 PM

They are working on making their crappy ApplePay useful for their users. They expected to create the same they did with iTunes by enclosing all apple customers into the Store. But this time it seems something went wrong and they are still struggling with ApplePay, which is a good thing to me.
But one day they'll eventually solve applepay issues and millions of people will start using it simply because it is an Apple thing.

And this make s me wonder about so many things.

Regarding allowing or not bitcoin based mobile app i think bryantcoleman expressed what I think better than me.

OrientA

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 09:16:25 AM

They are working on making their crappy ApplePay useful for their users. They expected to create the same they did with iTunes by enclosing all apple customers into the Store. But this time it seems something went wrong and they are still struggling with ApplePay, which is a good thing to me.
But one day they'll eventually solve applepay issues and millions of people will start using it simply because it is an Apple thing.
And this make s me wonder about so many things.

If ApplePay integrate bitcoin and make it easier for most people to transaction with bitcoin, I will probably use ApplePay. One problem with Apple is that it controls the mind of too many people, it can do things at will. For example, it changes the Apps policies too many times. There is no fixed rules for us to follow.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 10:48:57 AM

It's great to see them allowing developers to have more freedom, but when it comes to Apple I always have the feeling that they might come back on their decision and remove these apps from the appstore at any time with the reason being that it is a violation of their policy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: