Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:01:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitmain do another Antminer C ?  (Read 1162 times)
valkir (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 02:56:31 PM

Hey all

Do you think it could be a good idea for bitmain to do another Antminer CX or not ?
I didnt get the C1 but Im starting to look a little bit more into liquid cooling and I was wondering why Bitmain didnt do other C miner.

Syscooling did the water cooling system for the S5. Was it good ?

Will they do it for the S7 ?

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 06:06:59 PM

Hey all

Do you think it could be a good idea for bitmain to do another Antminer CX or not ?
I didnt get the C1 but Im starting to look a little bit more into liquid cooling and I was wondering why Bitmain didnt do other C miner.

Syscooling did the water cooling system for the S5. Was it good ?

Will they do it for the S7 ?

I highly doubt they do another C series.  Syscooling was one of the worst companies there was at the time.  They did things like dry test all of batch one's pumps.... which running dry causes high RMA rate.   They did not test out all the wiring harness's the first batch mine if you plugged it in it started to spark....  And on top of that the RMA pumps one took one month and other over a month, both died within 2 day's of getting pump.

But some did have better luck.  Later batches they stopped dry testing as it was killing pumps.  And they changed wiring harness to different design. 

With most data centers being CFM driven I see them sticking with fan's at this point on.  There will be those who continue to mod miners.   I think mod is only chance there is of a water cooling S7.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 02:35:41 AM

The C1 was at the height of the anti Bitmain shilling so a lot of the "problems" were from a vocal minority.

They did things like dry test all of batch one's pumps.... which running dry causes high RMA rate.
The context was a bad translation, and powering up an impeller for a second to check it works isn't the cause of failures.

They did not test out all the wiring harness's the first batch mine if you plugged it in it started to spark....
A number of harnesses didn't work due to bad crimp connections which I had fixed very quickly. If a harness was cross wired then it wouldn't spark, the PSU would refuse to turn on due to short protection.

And on top of that the RMA pumps one took one month and other over a month, both died within 2 day's of getting pump.
Pumps did have a high failure rate, I warned them about that way before release but they went with them anyway. My RMA pumps took 3 days to arrive and they provided a spare.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 02:45:53 AM

The C1 was at the height of the anti Bitmain shilling so a lot of the "problems" were from a vocal minority.

They did things like dry test all of batch one's pumps.... which running dry causes high RMA rate.
The context was a bad translation, and powering up an impeller for a second to check it works isn't the cause of failures.

They did not test out all the wiring harness's the first batch mine if you plugged it in it started to spark....
A number of harnesses didn't work due to bad crimp connections which I had fixed very quickly. If a harness was cross wired then it wouldn't spark, the PSU would refuse to turn on due to short protection.

And on top of that the RMA pumps one took one month and other over a month, both died within 2 day's of getting pump.
Pumps did have a high failure rate, I warned them about that way before release but they went with them anyway. My RMA pumps took 3 days to arrive and they provided a spare.

They gave you the VIP treatment then.  My pumps took a month slow shipment compared to original shipment they used at least for me. Original they used fast (I paid a lot for the kit), the replacement parts though were very slow and did take a month and one a little over.  The harness did spark on the board on fan connector, I offered to send it back they did not want it.  

I won't get into a big thing about it since I'm happily past it.  But if you go through C1 thread you can verify all the issues I had mentioned in it.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 03:10:43 AM

I won't get into a big thing about it since I'm happily past it.  But if you go through C1 thread you can verify all the issues I had mentioned in it.
I read every post in that thread, I know the issues the C1 had. I just don't like that they were misrepresented to be 90% failure when it was still a small single digit number.

mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 03:45:16 AM

try the ''c2'', 2*s5 in the place of the s3 blades....
got 3 in the house atm, and i'm very happy!

there was also an spondoolies related water cooled product, something with edge. google it or search the hardware section
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 04:12:49 AM

try the ''c2'', 2*s5 in the place of the s3 blades....
got 3 in the house atm, and i'm very happy!

there was also an spondoolies related water cooled product, something with edge. google it or search the hardware section

My recollection about the water cooled Spondoolies  "product" is that it was being produced by somebody else, to do the packaging and cooling. I don't think it ever actually got beyond the prototype stage before they realized their market time was poor. I don't know what happened to them, but I would NOT be looking for any water cooled Spondoolies product anytime soon, if ever.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 11:06:05 AM

I doubt that Bitmain will produce another water-cooled product - uness BitFury starts selling such a product to the public at some future point.

Probability VERY VERY low.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
lovenlifelarge

Activity: 676
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 12:03:45 PM

I personally would like to see another Quiet water cooled miner...

My C1-B2 lasted 12 months for me, I did have a pump failure but was only offline for 10 days cause of it.

Thank you Bitmain for the great RMA service on that one...

I just sold my C1 about 3 months ago & i'm pretty sure its still going, Running on Solar power now i believe..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How about a C7 that runs 1 blades at around 1.6Th @ 435w with S7 chips but is totally silent??

Set it at $700 with pump & delivery...

Bitmain - Im in & im sure u would sell heaps with a cheaper unit!

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██▀                            ▀██
██▀    ███████        ███████    ▀██
▄██   ██████████████  ██████████   ██▄
██     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄███████▄▄     ██
██     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀▀▀     ██
██         ███████  ███████         ██
██         ▀██████████████▀         ██
▀██         ▀████████████▀         ██▀
██▄         ████████████         ▄██
██▄         ██████████         ▄██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
██                ██████▄
██                ████████▄
██                ██████████▄
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██████████████████████████████
██                          ██
Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 01:16:04 PM

I don't think there is enough demand for such a product from BITMAIN.

Even if BITMAIN does another C series it will be more expensive and increase the ROI time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: