Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:43:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is China entering a true bull market?  (Read 1197 times)
Harmonica (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 08:03:20 PM

China's exchange has definitely taken a huge turn in the past month, however I don't know what to think of it and the impact on bitcoin.  If a major bull run has started I can see the demand for bitcoin dropping off significantly.

But Chinese financial analysts are saying that the fundamentals for a bull run are just not there and this is just liquidity or a dead cat bounce.

For me, this will be a key indicator what to do with my btc over the next few months.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the recent upswing in the Chinese markets?

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 08:08:30 PM

last week ... was only a test.
Bank of America

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 09:56:19 PM

The recent up swing is international, not just limited to Chinese market. I think the opening of Gemini has major effect. Gemini is a regulated market (exchange), so institutions will trade in it. The media hype of blockchain also has some effects.
americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 09:58:41 PM

You know how I know this might be real?  

Because we're all so scared shitless that Bitcoin might fall at any moment to $100 or $0.  These are leftover symptoms from the years in a bear market.  

As I said at the peak in 2013, "Good investments don't have the whole world telling you what a good investment they are."  

They are usually clouded in fear, uncertainty, and a vague sense of future potential mired with lots of criticism: Microsoft, Google, Apple (upon the release of the iPhone), Netflix (as they announced a focus on streaming), Tesla, and now Bitcoin. 

Now when irrational exhuberence takes hold and my Facebook friends who I've been shilling to for years suddenly take an interest in getting a second mortgage on their house and take out big loans for "bits"...?  Then I'll start worrying.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 10:23:18 PM

The recent up swing is international, not just limited to Chinese market. I think the opening of Gemini has major effect. Gemini is a regulated market (exchange), so institutions will trade in it. The media hype of blockchain also has some effects.

I doubt the Gemini had notable impact on recent rise in price, because the majority of volume came from eastern markets, and the other exchanges just followed their lead.
The news about bitcoin, blockchain, regulated market, and recently nomination of Satoshi Nakamoto for Nobel prize served only as additional motivation for investors and speculators to get aboard.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 10:33:45 PM

I doubt the Gemini had notable impact on recent rise in price, because the majority of volume came from eastern markets, and the other exchanges just followed their lead.
The news about bitcoin, blockchain, regulated market, and recently nomination of Satoshi Nakamoto for Nobel prize served only as additional motivation for investors and speculators to get aboard.

Gemini as it is right now doesn't have a single bit of impact on the price. It's currently nothing more than a regular exchange. The value the gemini exchange will show itself in the long term. It's way too early for that right now.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 01:39:57 AM

Gemini as it is right now doesn't have a single bit of impact on the price. It's currently nothing more than a regular exchange. The value the gemini exchange will show itself in the long term. It's way too early for that right now.
What would they have impact? They are not even the biggest or close to the biggest american exchange market volume.
Their opening were over hyped and it correlated with other optimistic news, like EU VAT free bitcoin, all of that brought some attention to the price.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 06:43:31 AM

What would they have impact? They are not even the biggest or close to the biggest american exchange market volume.
Their opening were over hyped and it correlated with other optimistic news, like EU VAT free bitcoin, all of that brought some attention to the price.

It did have impact,but it's yet to be recognized, because they marked the beginning of the fully legal regulated exchange in the US.
Even tho it didn't have significant impact on the price now, it is there to attract institutional investing that will serve as a boost later on.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 09:29:10 PM

It did have impact,but it's yet to be recognized, because they marked the beginning of the fully legal regulated exchange in the US.
Even tho it didn't have significant impact on the price now, it is there to attract institutional investing that will serve as a boost later on.

Indeed. People are only looking at the short term over here.

Price increase, price decrease, results of news..

Gemini will be a change for bitcoin that was needed to get the big cash rolling. Just wait and see.
katafrag

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 09:34:29 PM

http://fiatleak.com/

Looks like china is buying more already than the US right now , and it's only 5 AM in Peking , so it's happening again.

Were back on the happening train and as you now there are no breaks on the Happening train

Feri22

Activity: 748
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 09:37:30 PM

http://fiatleak.com/

Looks like china is buying more already than the US right now , and it's only 5 AM in Peking , so it's happening again.

Were back on the happening train and as you now there are no breaks on the Happening train

is fiatleak reliable source of information?
katafrag

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 09:42:56 PM

is fiatleak reliable source of information?
[/quote]

I dont know really, maybe some advanced members know.
I think fiatleak focus is on china and usa and they dont source the rest of the world.

If it was a bogus site it would show transactions from the whole world to make it look real
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: