Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:56:45 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to approach companies right?  (Read 773 times)
Ente (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 01:22:51 PM

Hello everybody,

I didn't find such a thread, although I am sure it must be here somewhere..

So, I plan to contact a lot of companies, one by one, to tell them why they should accept Bitcoin as a payment option.
I chose the chinese electronic wholesale market, like dealextreme and similar:

- I bet they have a problem with chargebacks
- International business with high fees everywhere, Paypal being the sole payment option mostly
- Highly competitive market, with dozens of competitors to set apart from
- Low margin I presume

So, many arguments for using Bitcoin are very obvious here:

- new market: Bitcoin people
- new market: everyone without Paypal
- set yourself apart from the dozen other sites
- substantial profit boost with no chargebacks and no fees (for them)

From another thread long time ago I remember the idea to use "How to resolve the chargeback problem" as mail subject.
I will try to write a short, precise, objective mail. Full contact info. Offer help and advice.
Having some good-sounding name behind me would be a bonus I guess: "Member of The Bitcoin Foundation" will be the only one possible for me though.

So, any hints and ideas?
I feel this is a hit-or-miss try. Screw it up, and they will delete the next mails for the next year without reading.
I easily found more than 70 of those chinese/hongkong based sites. For now I think I should not post them here?

Thanks for input,

Ente
Ente (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 02:04:52 PM

Also, this is always a good starting point:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Public_relations
Public relations is about how Bitcoin is presented to the world. The mathematical foundations of Bitcoin minimize the level of trust necessary to use it, but for anyone who isn't interested in cryptography the strength of the Bitcoin brand is more important.

This page lists some community-developed talking points, so if you'd like to promote Bitcoin consider using them.

Ente
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 02:52:47 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2012, 04:07:14 PM by Akka

I have the feeling that many bitcoiners try to spread attention and participation way to enthusiastic.

You should instead make a similar approach as any Business Developer in Companies, when it's about winning new business.

A, now outdated but still effective and easy to learn approach is,  split your attempt in four chapters:

1. Attention:

Most important part, here the decision will be made if the (potentially) customer even reads through the rest of you message.

This part should show some simple solutions to his problems and not be techy.

The only target here is, that the customer get's the impression, that you have really something interesting to offer. It's not even necessary that he knows what after this section.

2. Interest:

Here it's all about to get his interest. If you will communicate more than one time with him than after this chapter you stop. It's about getting him thinking and inform himself. It's planting the spark  Grin

If it's a one time approach it's the time to show some fitting example solutions.

3. Desire:

Now you show them why this is exactly what they need. If you gotten to here it's time to get into detail, if you where successful in the points before no one will stop reading here. Convince them that BTC is the solution to their needs.

4. Action:

Now, and not sooner you present them your offer ( hard if you are offering something for free!) This is the point when you try to let them take action, maybe point them towards services that help by the implementation.

Fin

I think a good template when we approach businesses would be really helpful.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2012, 03:07:50 PM

@Akka, that sounds like a seminar on bitcoin Roll Eyes very useful guidelines, thanks

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Ente (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 03:21:38 PM

Akka, thank you for your input!
I didn't divide it into chapters yet - sounds very good!
So, when writing a mail or ticket or similar, I would better just get their attention (mail subject?) and interest, in only a few sentences? And just add a "feel free to contact me for more details and help"? And then wait for them to bite! :-)

So, less is more, once again!

Ente
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: