Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:20:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHO officially declares Sierra Leone Ebola-free  (Read 1127 times)
Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 02:43:46 AM

You're missing the point. Nobody has reported the infection but that doesn't mean it isn't still a threat. This is Sierra Leone, not the United States. The same health standards don't apply

I know that. But I was referring to the WHO methodology in my previous post. The WHO will declare a country as "Ebola-free" if there are no confirmed cases for 42 days (6 weeks) on continuation. I know that this methodology is not very safe, as there were multiple incidents in Sierra Leone and Liberia where the family members hid their Ebola infected relatives from the health authorities.

So I guess that means we should take the WHO ruling as a grain of salt. Its Ebola free until the next person contracts it Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 12:20:58 PM

You're missing the point. Nobody has reported the infection but that doesn't mean it isn't still a threat. This is Sierra Leone, not the United States. The same health standards don't apply

I know that. But I was referring to the WHO methodology in my previous post. The WHO will declare a country as "Ebola-free" if there are no confirmed cases for 42 days (6 weeks) on continuation. I know that this methodology is not very safe, as there were multiple incidents in Sierra Leone and Liberia where the family members hid their Ebola infected relatives from the health authorities.

So I guess that means we should take the WHO ruling as a grain of salt. Its Ebola free until the next person contracts it Smiley

Grain of salt?!

WHO and the military created and distributed Ebola among the countries of Africa, and maybe more.

Yabut, who is the WHO?

From http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/supressed_inventions/suppressed_inventions06.htm:

The WHO Chronicle noted by 1968—ten years into the WHO's viral research program—"WHO virus reference centers" had served as authorized technical advisors and suppliers of "prototype virus strains, diagnostic and reference reagents (e.g., antibodies), antigens, and cell cultures" for more than "120 laboratories in 35 different countries." Within a year of this announcement, this number increased to "592 virus laboratories.. [and] only 137 were outside Europe and North America."

Over these 12 months, the NCI and CDC helped the WHO distribute 2,514 strains of viruses, 1,888 ampoules of antisera mainly for reference purposes, 1,274 ampoules of antigens, and about 100 samples of cell cultures. More than 70,000 individual reports of virus isolations or related serological tests had been transmitted through the WHO-NCI network.

Read more at http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/supressed_inventions/suppressed_inventions06.htm.

Also, Google and Youtube search on "Ebola created by CIA" to see the reason why Ebola isn't the greatest threat, and why government and the medical are.

Smiley

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 06:40:11 PM

Well... Ebola is not a very common virus. In the past 40 years or so, there has been 6 or 7 epidemics reported from the entire African continent, with most of the epidemics occurring in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Ebola is not an air-borne virus, and it is spread only through body contact. So I am slightly more optimistic with the reports coming in from Sierra Leone.
zenitzz (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 09:18:40 PM

'Bye bye Ebola': Sierra Leone rapper's video hits the right note

From twerking policemen to acrobatic footballers, residents rejoice in Block Jones clip celebrating end of the country’s epidemic

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YRhXoLjHruM&feature=youtu.be

Sierra Leonean rapper, Block Jones, is a master of understatement. “Ebola passed by the nation, it caused some frustration,” he sings in a music video released to mark the end of the epidemic that ravaged the country, infecting 8,704 people and killing 3,589.

The virus wiped out entire families, devastated communities and forced people to change their lives after the first case was identified in May 2014

But on Saturday the country marked 42 days since any new cases were diagnosed. This, according to the World Health Organisation, means that it is safe to declare the epidemic over.

“Thank God it’s gone, a new day has come,” raps Jones, in the song featuring the Freetown Uncut collective. The video is called Bye Bye Ebola, and it might just be the most heartwarming three minutes on the internet.

It shows staff in Ebola treatment centres, fully garbed in their protective rubber suits, dancing in empty wards. You will see policemen twerking at the checkpoints that were vital to prevent the disease’s spread of the disease.

Read more: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/10/bye-bye-ebola-sierra-leone-rapper-block-jones-video
avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 02:57:22 PM

I don't care what the WHO says. I am not going to visit that country ever again in my life. Now things will be difficult in Sierra Leone. A large number of doctors and nurses are dead, and there is no way that the government is able to fill those vacancies. Even earlier, there was an extreme shortage of physicians in Sierra Leone. Now it is going to be worse.
In sierra leone people at there, They are suffered by ebola from may 2014 They done many riot in their cities like Freetown and other cities But now It came to end. People in Sierra they are celebrating that now and WHO also announced as Sierra leone in free from Ebola disease. Now no shortage of docters and all.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 05:12:17 PM

Now no shortage of docters and all.

Do you have any proof for this? Even before the epidemic, Sierra Leone had 2 to 3 doctors for every 100,000 people. That means a total of somewhere between 100 and 200 doctors to serve a population of 6 million. A large number of these doctors died as a result of the EVD, and there is no replacement for them.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: