Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 01:14:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PPC] PPCoin 0.2.2 Released  (Read 3523 times)
Sunny King (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2012, 05:11:51 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2012, 07:18:50 PM by Sunny King

Official release builds are now available at https://github.com/ppcoin/ppcoin/downloads or https://sourceforge.net/projects/ppcoin/files/0.2.2/

What's in 0.2.2 release:

• Fix an issue of showing incorrect moneysupply statistics. (If you experience this problem a re-download of block chain is necessary to correct the problem. Please remember always backup wallet before performing such operation!)
  • Fix an issue of stake generation with large number of small coins in wallet.
  • Qt gui improvements to properly display stake transactions and show current stake amount.
  • Please note there is no official build support of qt-gui yet. Users are expected to self-build or wait for community supported gui builds.

This release is not a mandatory upgrade.

Upgrade instructions:

To upgrade from 0.2.0/0.2.1:
1) Before upgrade, you must first backup your wallet:
ppcoind backupwallet <destination_backup_wallet_name>
2) Note your balance/newmint/stake numbers and shutdown ppcoin
ppcoind stop
3) Download 0.2.2 and unpack/install.
4) Start up ppcoind normally.
5) Use getinfo to confirm your ppcoind version is now 'v0.2.2ppc-beta'.
6) Verify your balance/newmint/stake numbers are the same as before the upgrade.

Cheers!
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2012, 05:26:18 PM

sweet nice work Sunnyking Smiley will have a go at installing tonight Smiley

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
c4n10

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 09:33:19 PM

• Qt gui improvements to properly display stake transactions and show current stake amount.
  • Please note there is no official build support of qt-gui yet. Users are expected to self-build or wait for community supported gui builds.

Honestly not trying to be a dick here but:

How can you make "QT gui improvements" when there is no GUI to be spoken of in this version (which incidentally I think was kinda silly ((no offense, just an opinion)) to release a new version with no GUI when I'm "upgrading" from a version WITH a GUI. It's not a mandatory update that's vital to the operation of the client so why not just wait until the entire package was ready, i.e. with a working GUI)?

I think your coin and client will be much more successful with a working GUI, especially since your current users are accustomed to having one...
Rick James

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 09:52:39 PM

How can you make "QT gui improvements" when there is no GUI to be spoken of in this version (which incidentally I think was kinda silly ((no offense, just an opinion)) to release a new version with no GUI when I'm "upgrading" from a version WITH a GUI. It's not a mandatory update that's vital to the operation of the client so why not just wait until the entire package was ready, i.e. with a working GUI)?

I think your coin and client will be much more successful with a working GUI, especially since your current users are accustomed to having one...

Anytime anyone starts out with "not trying to be a dick"

..is such a dick.

The GUIs to be spoken of in this version are the ones that users of the community have created. Use the goddamn forum search.

Roll Eyes
c4n10

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 12:07:07 AM

..is such a dick.

The GUIs to be spoken of in this version are the ones that users of the community have created. Use the goddamn forum search.

Roll Eyes

Before commenting I did a search for "ppcoin 0.2.2 gui" and found nothing on google or the forums. I may be offensive, but I'm not stupid.
Rick James

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 12:12:53 AM

Before commenting I did a search for "ppcoin 0.2.2 gui" and found nothing on google or the forums. I may be offensive, but I'm not stupid.

No one called you stupid. I called you a dick.

Maybe, at the moment, Sunny King is working on other coding priorities rather than making something nice to look at.
c4n10

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 12:14:31 AM

..is such a dick.

Roll Eyes

Incidentally, since I thought MAYBE you just MIGHT be right and someone just MIGHT have uploaded a gui thread in the few hours since the last time I checked, I decided to once again "Use the goddamn forum search." with the same terms I described above (ppcoin 0.2.2 gui) and there is still no result aside from two links to the mention of a lack of gui in THIS thread.

You sir, should think, research and consider before speaking.

And I honestly was not trying to be a dick in my original message to OP, I was merely expressing my opinion. I'm sorry you didn't agree with the way I expressed it, but that is what makes us individuals. The world would be pretty boring if everyone expressed themselves in the exact same fashion.
c4n10

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 12:23:10 AM

Maybe, at the moment, Sunny King is working on other coding priorities rather than making something nice to look at.

It's not about it being nice to look at, it's abut it having ease of use and practical functionality.

Your average computer user does not want to take the time or does not even have the time available to have to learn how to run a program through command line executions. There are plenty of people who have been mining ppcoin (sustaining the network) who have "x" amount of coins and a transaction list that they use to buy, sell and trade with all presented on a graphical gui that EVERYONE can use and understand.

Now there are people who have no idea what's going on with their wallet because they don't understand vague instructions on how to access their tx history, send coins and check their current balance through command line executions.

I made my response to the op in giving my honest opinion on how I thought he was hurting his own creation and how he could improve it to keep it a viable alt-coin.

So~ I was, in earnest, trying not to be a dick. If I was offensive it's none of your business anyway and I'd appreciate you to stay out of it. OP can defend himself if he felt offended, no one asked you for your opinion.
Rick James

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 12:28:20 AM

It's not about it being nice to look at, it's abut it having ease of use and practical functionality.

Your average computer user does not want to take the time or does not even have the time available to have to learn how to run a program through command line executions. There are plenty of people who have been mining ppcoin (sustaining the network) who have "x" amount of coins and a transaction list that they use to buy, sell and trade with all presented on a graphical gui that EVERYONE can use and understand.

Now there are people who have no idea what's going on with their wallet because they don't understand vague instructions on how to access their tx history, send coins and check their current balance through command line executions.

I made my response to the op in giving my honest opinion on how I thought he was hurting his own creation and how he could improve it to keep it a viable alt-coin.

So~ I was, in earnest, trying not to be a dick. If I was offensive it's none of your business anyway and I'd appreciate you to stay out of it. OP can defend himself if he felt offended, no one asked you for your opinion.

You realize PPC has only been around for a couple months.

This a public forum, so I will say whatever the fuck I want and I will give you my opinion whenever the fuck I want.

I'm Rick James bitch.
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2012, 12:45:48 AM

I'm Rick James bitch.

lol.  I read that all wrong the first time.

I'm Rick James' bitch.

or

I'm Rick James, bitch.

hmm.   Undecided
BitcoinINV

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 12:54:22 AM

Could I get my coin back dude? Or are you going to go around and act like it never happend?

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 01:15:45 AM

HOW ABOUT YOU PAY BACK THE LOAN FOR THAT 5850 AND STOP IGNORING BITCOININV?

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Rick James

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 01:24:30 AM

c4n10

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 01:35:03 AM

Could I get my coin back dude? Or are you going to go around and act like it never happend?

You are going to get it back. I know I haven't sent you much but it's not like I haven't sent you anything.

I'm mining about 0.13 BTC per day and about another 0.02 BTC from alt-coin merged mining at bitparking. As you can see I am not making enough to pay you and Puppet back on the terms agreed upon, which I also understand is not your problem but it IS my problem and the only way I can deal with it is to send what I can, when I can. I have nearly 2 BTC in my wallet now and when I reach 2 BTC I will send you and Puppet both 1 BTC each and I will continue to pay what I can, when I can.

I have not been online in the past couple of weeks (check my post history if you don't believe me) due to a multitude of problems in my personal life and still searching for a job. I apologize for the inconvenience, but I will return what has been loaned to me in it's entirety plus interest to both you and Puppet. You have not been forgotten.

c4n10

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 01:35:47 AM

I have never ignored BitcoinINV.
c4n10

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 01:36:49 AM

You dick-ride like a pro...
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 01:38:25 AM

Fair enough.  You didn't seem like a typical scammer, so good luck with a speedy repayment.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
c4n10

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 01:46:22 AM

Fair enough.  You didn't seem like a typical scammer, so good luck with a speedy repayment.

I appreciate that, thank you.
Sunny King (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1205

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2012, 04:36:23 AM

The 0.2.2 release is intended for those users who can build their own qt client. Official build support of qt would eventually happen some time in 2013.

Thanks for the feedback though. Other users have complained about lack of gui build support as well. I am fully aware of how difficult it is for a typical user to get started with ppcoin at the current state. Unfortunately our resource is quite limited, so we have to prioritize things accordingly. But be assured that usability for typical users is definitely on the radar in the future.
c4n10

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 04:39:17 AM

The 0.2.2 release is intended for those users who can build their own qt client. Official build support of qt would eventually happen some time in 2013.

Thanks for the feedback though. Other users have complained about lack of gui build support as well. I am fully aware of how difficult it is for a typical user to get started with ppcoin at the current state. Unfortunately our resource is quite limited, so we have to prioritize things accordingly. But be assured that usability for typical users is definitely on the radar in the future.

Thank you for continuing to work on this, I really like PPCoin and it's concept and I'd like to see it continue to do well.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: