Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:59:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BEWARE of Cryptsy!  (Read 1269 times)
IAmElemental (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 05:21:53 AM

So, I had about $12 worth of BTC in my account. I am known for being active in the chat, and a user had talked me into investing into another Altcoin than the one the other users recommended I invested in. Upon stating I was going to invest into BitBean and sell all of my HyperStake... Shortly after, I attempted to withdraw my BTC and buy from another exchange seeing as Cryptsy is pulling a "Gox 2.0". Upon withdraw attempt, I was unable to login to my account after that. The password had seemed to be changed, and when I attempted to receive a new password in my email, I wouldn't receive the email(s). I tried the next day, and successfully received my new password. Upon trying to enter my account with the provided password, it did not work. While all of this was occurring, I had a support ticket open with them and they randomly closed my ticket when I was being polite. Watch out for Cryptsy!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 12:57:36 PM

Long ago a trusted well known user had his account locked randomly.
I was sitting on their chat way back at the time..

And the guy was desperately trying to login to his account so he could pull many 100's of LTC out
Litecoin was exploding in value and the guy said he needed to pay bills asap !
Back then this happened to users any time BTC rocketed up in value..
Price goes up all of a sudden withdrawl problems and wallet errors they would claim ahhaha

So this is what happened here.. LTC was rocketing up in value and the guy wanted to withdraw a ton of them.

He came on chat with another exchange account (i guess they did not anticipate that)
And he explained.. pleading with us all to contact staff and urge them to get back to him..
Cryptsy was ignoring him, even after 24hrs of his account being locked.

You know what they told him ?
They told him they locked his account on him because..
Because he user name ZackClark here changed his chat user name to my name "Spoetnik" (according to records)
Which wouldn't have been possible anyway because it was taken.. by me Wink
I was talking to him here via PM about it and i told him i had no idea what was going on
but i did urge staff to get back to him on chat and was mouthed off..
Cryptsy had the fucking nerve to try and lock this guys account on him for a day or two
then try and make it look like somehow i was involved.. WTF ?

and all that went down like 2 years ago i think now..
i had kept in contact via PM here with Zack and he asured me he trusted me and believed what he said
and vice versa.. i have done trades with Zack before and chatted with him lots.. good guy.
Cryptsy ? lying scamming pieces of shit.

BitJohn had the nerve to try and use my name as an excuse to lock his account LOL
Scammy fucking prick !

PS:
I am sure i have old PM's here backing this up too..

FUD first & ask questions later™
IAmElemental (OP)

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 04:53:00 PM

It seems as if Cryptsy is using their reputation to their advantage. They USED to be legit, now they are scamming 20% of their users and the 80% say they have no problem so they are seen as legit. I can't wait to see these guys in jail.
Digit-0

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

in the end, you only find the beginning

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 07:30:00 PM

Im reading lot of bad things ( news ) in the last days about cryptsy, from my experience i had never any issued with them, but you know... you cant never be 100% sure.

I had read lot of issues while people want to withdraw big quantities of btc, maybe they are using fractional reserve? looks strange after all those years... dunno.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 12:45:23 AM

fractional reserve ?

that is the speculation these days (as the root of many complaints)

funny when the Gox site went down Cryptsy issued a defence statement for their site on their blog.
they claimed they do not run like that and they are solvent.
implying if all users tried to withdraw their coins it would work fine.

who believes this ?

way back i tried to find the Blog posting but it seems to be gone (or i just couldn't find it)

me ?
I think they have been on the edge of going out business for close to a year.
if you think about it the Altcoin scene has died and that big rush of people that came left long ago.
Coin trading volumes have evaporated.
So how they are even turning a profit is beyond me..

And didn't they start with 0% transfer fee's or something ?
Weird because back in the day that was the main revenue i am pretty sure.

Guys it goes way behind, "i registered there and took my coins out ok."
You have to know the history of this stuff.

About a year an a half ago roughly BitcoinEXpress posted a topic claiming they were fishy.
Because every time there was a surge of Bitcoin's value ..EVERY TIME they had wallet problems.
It got so comical and predictable.. i started telling guys way back then on their chat box
..expect it.
here it comes again.
and sure enough..
So when BCX posted that i replied back, "i know.. i seen the same damn thing !"

Strangely ever since he has come to Cryptsy's defense though.. weird.

They are full of shit they have been proven to take kickbacks basically from coin cloners to add their coin etc
They themslevs the staff have made coins and added them to Cryptsy with no ANN topic posted here.

When i fist signed up i found out later Caps's was Mullick's coin.. (Cryptsy staff)
And i was mining on a Cap's pool owned and run by BigVern (Cryptsy owner)
So their history of being balls deep in making coins etc have been there from the start.
cough cough.. TIX ahahha

How they have the audacity and the nerve and the gall claim to be reputable is beyond me.

FUD first & ask questions later™
qubix

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 10:00:08 PM

I've just outlined my own story re Cryptsy: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1248025.0
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 12:27:28 AM

fractional reserve ?

that is the speculation these days (as the root of many complaints)

funny when the Gox site went down Cryptsy issued a defence statement for their site on their blog.
they claimed they do not run like that and they are solvent.
implying if all users tried to withdraw their coins it would work fine.

who believes this ?

way back i tried to find the Blog posting but it seems to be gone (or i just couldn't find it)

me ?
I think they have been on the edge of going out business for close to a year.
if you think about it the Altcoin scene has died and that big rush of people that came left long ago.
Coin trading volumes have evaporated.
So how they are even turning a profit is beyond me..

And didn't they start with 0% transfer fee's or something ?
Weird because back in the day that was the main revenue i am pretty sure.

Guys it goes way behind, "i registered there and took my coins out ok."
You have to know the history of this stuff.

About a year an a half ago roughly BitcoinEXpress posted a topic claiming they were fishy.
Because every time there was a surge of Bitcoin's value ..EVERY TIME they had wallet problems.
It got so comical and predictable.. i started telling guys way back then on their chat box
..expect it.
here it comes again.
and sure enough..
So when BCX posted that i replied back, "i know.. i seen the same damn thing !"

Strangely ever since he has come to Cryptsy's defense though.. weird.

They are full of shit they have been proven to take kickbacks basically from coin cloners to add their coin etc
They themslevs the staff have made coins and added them to Cryptsy with no ANN topic posted here.

When i fist signed up i found out later Caps's was Mullick's coin.. (Cryptsy staff)
And i was mining on a Cap's pool owned and run by BigVern (Cryptsy owner)
So their history of being balls deep in making coins etc have been there from the start.
cough cough.. TIX ahahha

How they have the audacity and the nerve and the gall claim to be reputable is beyond me.

Mullick's very first post on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1k2lux/cant_withdraw_btc_from_cryptsy_because_i_used/cbkvy78

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/34l8rj/what_do_you_mean_by_sign_message_would_you_like/cqwnr2d

I have been with Cryptsy since beta and worked for them for 2+ years so yes. I am. What in particular are you referencing?

I'd say that Mullick's been with BigVern since day one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3cabwk/trouble_with_cryptsy/csugf9r

Why don't you go troll an actual scam instead of a company trying to continue providing the safest environment to trade your alt coins

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3pf9hc/cryptsy_developers_interviewing_for_other_tech/cw5z66c

We do not have multiple core devs in florida. Most are remote so would not be applying for Jobs in the area. As far as development there are 3 employees in Florida. Myself, Paul and our VP of development. I havent applied for any other jobs. And I doubt our CEO would.

That's the third time Mullick has stated that there's ONLY three employees at the Florida office where he works out of.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: