Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:34:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Bitcoins in India using debit cards or netbanking?  (Read 3725 times)
xdrpx (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 603

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 01:18:36 PM

Hey,

I was wondering if there were any exchanges availing the facility to purchase Bitcoins using debit cards or net banking within India. Considering the ease of making payments using debit cards or net banking without going through the hassle of paying additionally or the delay of waiting using NEFT or IMPS, a service to buy bitcoins quickly using debit cards would be beneficial.

Would be glad if anyone was aware of the existence of such an exchange and was willing to share it.
RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 12:22:42 AM

There is nothing faster than IMPS to transfer INR within India. Using IMPS, you can buy from traders on direct trading exchanges like www.LocalBitcoins.com, www.100bit.co.in etc.

xdrpx (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 05:15:46 AM

There is nothing faster than IMPS to transfer INR within India. Using IMPS, you can buy from traders on direct trading exchanges like www.LocalBitcoins.com, www.100bit.co.in etc.

IMPS usually has a minimal additional charge included to the payment we make. I was hoping that having a payment made through debit cards would cut short that charge and I'd only have to pay a minimal fee for purchasing the bitcoins, if any. But yes, probably like you've mentioned IMPS is much quicker too. I'm guessing 100bit.co.in and localbitcoins don't require any form of KYC docs?
shahadil

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 07:26:30 AM

IMPS usually has a minimal additional charge included to the payment we make. I was hoping that having a payment made through debit cards would cut short that charge and I'd only have to pay a minimal fee for purchasing the bitcoins, if any. But yes, probably like you've mentioned IMPS is much quicker too. I'm guessing 100bit.co.in and localbitcoins don't require any form of KYC docs?

Debit cards carry a charge of about 2.5% for the merchant. people may sell but at worse prices. IMPS costs about 5 rupees a transaction.
xdrpx (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 03:09:50 PM

Debit cards carry a charge of about 2.5% for the merchant. people may sell but at worse prices. IMPS costs about 5 rupees a transaction.

Okay, that makes sense. I wasn't aware of the 2.5% charges for the merchant. Probably could be a valid reason for them not being accepted yet. I'll probably have to go ahead and buy on zebpay using IMPS or NEFT.
RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 06:49:28 PM

Yep. 100bit.co.in and localbitcoins trader generally do not ask for KYC.

Is it always the case ? Because, I have done IMPS before using net banking. I was not charged anything for that. May be IMPS using mobile phone has some cost or there might be some daily free transaction limit.

xdrpx (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 06:39:14 AM

Yep. 100bit.co.in and localbitcoins trader generally do not ask for KYC.

Is it always the case ? Because, I have done IMPS before using net banking. I was not charged anything for that. May be IMPS using mobile phone has some cost or there might be some daily free transaction limit.

As far as I can tell, for my bank there are charges mentioned for each slab range for IMPS. In the case of HDFC you can see the charges here : http://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/making-payments/fund-transfer/imps

You'll notice the charges range from Rs 5 to Rs 15 based on the slabs.

zencomp

Activity: 182

★ Nakedbitcoins.com ★

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 10:55:28 PM

I have been buying and selling bitcoins through imps and netbanking through localbitcoins.com site never had any problem,

mouneshwar123

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 03:23:02 PM

I have been buying and selling bitcoins through imps and netbanking through localbitcoins.com site never had any problem,

Yes, I do the same, I prefer IMPS (very fast) and net banking. Debit card comes with a service charge.
I deal with localbitcoins.com and zebpay.

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 07:09:46 PM

Hey,

I was wondering if there were any exchanges availing the facility to purchase Bitcoins using debit cards or net banking within India. Considering the ease of making payments using debit cards or net banking without going through the hassle of paying additionally or the delay of waiting using NEFT or IMPS, a service to buy bitcoins quickly using debit cards would be beneficial.

Would be glad if anyone was aware of the existence of such an exchange and was willing to share it.

LocalBitcoins is the place! They're safe,secure and transactions are always done with the escrow.They charge a very small amount for the escrow service as part of the service tax.If you have internet banking that would suit your needs as the transfers are quite fast.Localbitcoins might take sometime for the cash to be transferred from the debit cards.
tnrmedia

Activity: 144

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 02:20:13 AM

You can use Unocoin.com to purchase Bitcoins using Debit card or netbanking.
dashingriddler
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 03:49:22 PM

You can use Unocoin.com to purchase Bitcoins using Debit card or netbanking.
We of course allow netbanking.
When it come to debit card, not unless your ATM allows you to do a transfer through IMPS or intra-bank transaction and provide use the reference number.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████