Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:51:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Upgrade to core 11.1 caused possible loss of coins?  (Read 1007 times)
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 02:57:39 PM

Hiya, welcome to another blunder by me lol

To be honest I cant remember what I upgraded from, it was at least 2 or 3 versions old..

Here is my problem, After upgrading I have alot of these in mt transaction history.

The client marks it as incoming/outgoing but shows a minus figure, I cant tell if has actually taken these funds away?

co-indecently, it might be prudent to tell you most of these I can see as incoming transactions from my mining pool

Looking at the transaction on block explorer, the coins go to

the most goes to

I sent the smallest transaction to check it was not just being updated in some wierd way back to my wallet.

I dont have a clue what has gone on, Little help please.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 03:47:48 PM

the negative amount means that you are taking Bitcoin from your wallet and sending it to someone else. You should see that all of the numbers, debit, transaction fee, and net amount are negative which means that you are sending the Bitcoin to someone. If you are receiving Bitcoin, then instead of debit, you should see credit and there will be no negative. You will see that the Net amount has a plus sign (+) in front of it.

squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 03:57:14 PM

the negative amount means that you are taking Bitcoin from your wallet and sending it to someone else. You should see that all of the numbers, debit, transaction fee, and net amount are negative which means that you are sending the Bitcoin to someone. If you are receiving Bitcoin, then instead of debit, you should see credit and there will be no negative. You will see that the Net amount has a plus sign (+) in front of it.

hiya, thanks for response, I get that, but I dont understand where is the BTC address I paid? who did I pay? (i.e. my tags are gone) all I see is my pool mining coming in and all going out in blocks like this one, and dont correspond to my purchases.

There is one thing I paid for that is not on the "outgoing" list, but what does go out does not match in total what i paid for.

is there a way to see all my income addresses so I can check this off manually?
achow101
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 04:18:18 PM

hiya, thanks for response, I get that, but I dont understand where is the BTC address I paid? who did I pay? (i.e. my tags are gone) all I see is my pool mining coming in and all going out in blocks like this one, and dont correspond to my purchases.

There is one thing I paid for that is not on the "outgoing" list, but what does go out does not match in total what i paid for.

is there a way to see all my income addresses so I can check this off manually?
In your transactions list, when you click the second dropdown arrow and select sent to, does the list of transactions there match what you expect?

If you select received with, does that list match what you expect?

Do you think it is possible that someone somehow has the private keys to your addresses? Because if they do, then you have a huge problem. I don't think this is Bitcoin Core's fault.

squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 06:28:08 PM

moved to archival...really mods?Huh
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 07:13:39 PM

cool, Tech support is probably better, thanks mods.

so yes, in short, I have checked all outgoing and incomings, they don't match up with anything, I would not rite here if it did.

I know your trying to help, but I am not new to bitcoin, If there was not lots of transaction I know are correct i would even say it was another wallet.

Please look at the first pic again, There should be a send address, there is not, I have blockchain explored the tx.id and do not recognize the output addresses.

I have gone through my messages to past deals and nothing matches, there are things missing aswell, both inc and out.

I have a complete image of a older wallet/blockchain, I will swap it out to see whats going on.

achow101
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 09:07:35 PM

cool, Tech support is probably better, thanks mods.

so yes, in short, I have checked all outgoing and incomings, they don't match up with anything, I would not rite here if it did.

I know your trying to help, but I am not new to bitcoin, If there was not lots of transaction I know are correct i would even say it was another wallet.

Please look at the first pic again, There should be a send address, there is not, I have blockchain explored the tx.id and do not recognize the output addresses.

I have gone through my messages to past deals and nothing matches, there are things missing aswell, both inc and out.

I have a complete image of a older wallet/blockchain, I will swap it out to see whats going on.
I don't think replacing the blockchain will help, the transaction database isn't stored there.

I think maybe your wallet file has been corrupted somehow. Make a backup of it and keep it somewhere safe. Then start Bitcoin Core with the -zapwallettxes option. That should remove all of the transactions from the transaction database and then do a rescan of the blockchain and add them back in. That might fix your problem.

squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 01:52:04 AM

well, I knew it, I reloaded with my old version and backup of wallet and my coins are all there.

For some reason the new core 11.1 did not assign some of my incoming addresses properly.

So I have moved my coins to a brand new wallet as my old one was over 2 years old, and I am now running the new core with new wallet.

So yes, people please watch out for this problem and KEEP BACKUPS of your wallets!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: