Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:36:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should This Post Be Stickied ?
YES - 1 (10%)
NO - 9 (90%)
CONFUSED - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk Needs Changes ? Read Inside!  (Read 1436 times)
Hariom (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 04:40:17 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2015, 05:21:22 AM by Hariom

Wondering that there should be some changes out there like

1) newbies should not be able to give trust ratings .

2) If a user creates more than 5 Accounts and spams than His IP should be permanently banned !

3) There should be a function to "mention" other members in the post and they should be notified that they got mentioned in a post . ( This function should only be provided to member rank users and above )

4) We should not only be able to see the count of watches to our post but also be able to check that who had seen or watched our post by their name too )

It would give good reputations to the forum .
Put Down Your Comments if you are wondering to have some other changes in the forum too.!
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 3409

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2015, 04:46:01 AM

If your suggesting these ideas then you should move this thread to Bitcoin Forum > Other > Meta > New forum software https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=167.0
The shoutbox suggestion has been suggested already here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1239646.0

But as to newbies not being able to give trust ratings, I would like to agree with it as well, I've noticed over the course of my time on this forum, there were some cases of newbies abusing the trust and giving negative trust for no reasons to anyone so this way it could be prevented

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 09:30:39 PM

I see the reasoning behind that, but no. I don't agree. Newbies can have legit deals just like the rest of us, and thus they should be able to leave trust ratings just like the rest of us.

3) There should be a function to "mention" other members in the post and they should be notified that they got mentioned in a post . ( This function should only be provided to member rank users and above )

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1169696.0

4) We should not only be able to see the count of watches to our post but also be able to check that who had seen or watched our post by their name too )

Why...? The list would be absolutely enormous for many posts, and I don't find too much of a use for that. Plus, I'd imagine it would consume more resources than the ignore color feature which was removed because of that.
onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 09:34:26 PM

why? other users can simply ignore them. maybe show user level on trust page would be a better idea

2) If a user creates more than 5 Accounts and spams than His IP should be permanently banned !
NOOOOO
i have a dynamic ip which changes every 24h. i dont want to be banned just because i now have the ip from somebody else

sounds good to me. something like a thread invite. in the meantime: just use the search function to find your username
hmmm not sure.
sounds good for marketing. but i dont like to get unwanted PMs because somebody thinks he need to advertise his coin just because i read ANN thread

Put Down Your Comments if you are wondering to have some other changes in the forum too.!

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
tarsua

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 09:28:40 PM

I dont agree with point one, newbies get scammed all the time and they should be able to leave ratings
point 2 will be unfair, what if a family shares a computer, a permaban is too harsh
point 3 is good
point 4 is too much
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: