Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:01:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain has gone mad !  (Read 794 times)
xmaxbit (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 09:01:45 AM

Today I saw my balance 19.82 USD in the early morning . After few hours , just now when I checked It was 9.58 USD . What the heck is wrong with blockchain , have any of you ever encountered such problem ?
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4923

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2015, 09:03:23 AM

Today I saw my balance 19.82 USD in the early morning . After few hours , just now when I checked It was 9.58 USD . What the heck is wrong with blockchain , have any of you ever encountered such problem ?

I read bad stuff about the blockchain wallet on a regular basis...
An option would be to export your private key, and import it in electrum or bitcoin core (it takes a long time to load the whole blockchain in bitcoin core tough). That way you'll have a better view on your funds...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Hariom

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 09:03:58 AM

Yes many a times i had such issues )
but no your balance has not been deducted from blockchain..
Its just an issue of Price ups and downs )
nickaizoku

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

❃ CyberNick ❃

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 09:05:20 AM

never experienced this before, anyway i sometimes got negative balance infact i have btc in there. and relogin it would be normal, but not sure about ur case?
maybe something like bugs? just try check again after few hour or re-login again.

teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 11:59:29 AM

Yes many a times i had such issues )
but no your balance has not been deducted from blockchain..
Its just an issue of Price ups and downs )
from $19 to $9 is not logical considering the price of bitcoin is not going up nor down, it's been stagnant for the past few days Wink

OP, try to see the history are there any outgoing transactions you don't know ?
Blockchain is not recommended for using because the bugs and easily to get hacked into Sad
The best solution for now is to transfer your fund asap to another more secure wallet Smiley

Or this could be caused by bugs because like i said before, blockchain wallet is kinda buggy Wink
YOLOMAN

Activity: 154
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 12:03:06 PM

I had a problem once yes It may be showing up some funds that you already transfered last night. Once I had 200$ cashed out 120$ and next day had 200 again on the account and I said wow I'm lucky.. but I was not .. it was a bug on there... please check it right if theres any kind of fund gone must be a txid there...

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2015, 12:23:15 PM

The wallet takes time to load your account balance. I checked it yesterday and my account balance showed an amount that I had already sent. I logged off and logged in again and it updated the balance.

vancefox
Legendary

Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 01:23:45 PM

So why was the following question not asked of the OP?

What were your btc balances at the two separate points in time you speak of?  (19.82USD & 9.58USD)  I ask this because blockchain is not a USD wallet but instead a btc wallet which is not tied to USD 1=1.

This space not for rent...
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2015, 01:42:30 PM

What were your btc balances at the two separate points in time you speak of?  (19.82USD & 9.58USD)  I ask this because blockchain is not a USD wallet but instead a btc wallet which is not tied to USD 1=1.

Sure, but even a fluctuating in the exchange rate between BTC and USD wouldn't explain 19.82 vs 9.58 USD, or am i mistaking?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
vancefox
Legendary

Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 01:56:06 PM

Sure, but even a fluctuating in the exchange rate between BTC and USD wouldn't explain 19.82 vs 9.58 USD, or am i mistaking?

Doesn't matter... if I say that my EURO account is fluctuating by using USD numbers it's the same thing.  Compare apples to apples.

If you have a problem with blockchain balances you should be stating btc amounts, not USD.  USD is irrelevant with the btc blockchain.

This space not for rent...
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2015, 02:47:06 PM

Doesn't matter... if I say that my EURO account is fluctuating by using USD numbers it's the same thing.  Compare apples to apples.

If you have a problem with blockchain balances you should be stating btc amounts, not USD.  USD is irrelevant with the btc blockchain.

From a technical perspective, I think you're 100% correct. But i still think the OP's problem is due to a problem with blockchain, not due to exchange rates. I have no proof of this, i just think chances of blockchain issues are bigger than the chance of an exchange rate problem.

I'm not arguing that he shouldn't have stated all amounts in BTC instead of USD (he should have used BTC instead of USD), i'm just stating the eventough he did not, his problem is probably due to a blockchain issue, and my first post in this thread, advicing him to go for a good wallet instead of an online one still stands.

I think it's a good thing you're doing: educating the people to use the correct technical terminology, i just think this might not have been the OP's main concern. Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 03:28:04 PM

Blockchains service is not the same as before anymore. The whole system gets buggy and all so I just suhgest you to use a different client. There are other more web client that supports the same services the blockchain could give so I think it is better than seeing more faulty service from this.
MJK

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 04:03:06 PM

Blockchain.info has many issues and have become unreliable in several ways recently. I hardly ever get conformations emails anymore when I receive payments and it regularly shows the incorrect number of confirmations.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: