Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:47:01 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wences Casares (XAPO CEO) - Million Dollar Bitcoin  (Read 2061 times)
manselr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 02:01:25 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGlRs9NhI2Y

This guy gets it. With Bitcoin its all or nothing, a very asymmetrical investment. We either go to 0 (and this looks less and less likely daily as the technology develops and gets acknowledged worldwide) or we go to 1 MM+. Just do the math, a little bit of fiat and a little bit of gold (let's remember Gold has trillions invested) can make the price skyrocket.
Hold long term and win, or get kicked out in the ups and downs along the way. Your choice.
Dilla

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 02:02:42 PM

Cool Rock on!
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 02:57:52 PM

a tiny ninehundredninetyninetousandsixhundredsixteen dollar rise is exactly what i want to see next.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 05:05:17 PM

Wences is a future billonaire in the makings. He's offering a good service with Xapo, and he has the right mindset as a long term investor. Same goes for the Winklevii, with their Gemini service, and also long term holders that will not give in on the temptation to dump for the dollar when rallies occur. In 10 years those people will be big player in economy.
ArpFlush

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 05:56:09 PM

I always say what my sig says  Grin

"Panic Selling is not an Investment Strategy"
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 06:13:25 PM

Wences is a smart guy and always like to watch his appearances. And he is not alone with his opinion that Bitcoin could reach a very high value in the future. Roger Ver, James D'Angelo, Trace Mayer and a few more are predicting the same if things work out fine.
So the future could indeed become really bright for long term focused hodlers!
romjpn

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 02:05:47 AM

Wences is a smart guy and always like to watch his appearances. And he is not alone with his opinion that Bitcoin could reach a very high value in the future. Roger Ver, James D'Angelo, Trace Mayer and a few more are predicting the same if things work out fine.
So the future could indeed become really bright for long term focused hodlers!

You can add Tim Draper. Smiley

---~~~***~~~--- http://InvestBitcoinGuide.com ---~~~***~~~---
Invest your bitcoins/altcoins into legit businesses. Get solid returns !
We hate scams and ponzis !
talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 02:56:29 AM

LOL

Million dollars, my arse.

Where do you find these guys? Bitcoin is struggling to hold $380, and these guys are talking about million dollars. Maybe in 200 years. Just lol.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 03:02:03 AM

There's definitely potential for massive upside. I don't buy the world domination or nothing line though. It can peacefully coexist with other systems and still be quietly huge.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 04:37:18 AM

LOL

Where do you find these guys? Bitcoin is struggling to hold $380, and these guys are talking about million dollars. Maybe in 200 years. Just lol.

lol.... i hope their timeframe isnt 200 years. But I don't see $1M happening in our lifetime

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 07:51:08 AM

Wences is a future billonaire in the makings. He's offering a good service with Xapo, and he has the right mindset as a long term investor. Same goes for the Winklevii, with their Gemini service, and also long term holders that will not give in on the temptation to dump for the dollar when rallies occur. In 10 years those people will be big player in economy.

It is ofcourse a lot easier to be a long term holder if you are already loaded with money and you don't know what to do with it Wink

If the Winklevii had to take a loan to buy their stash of coins back in the day, they wouldn't have held the same amount of coins at this moment.
w00t

Activity: 188
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 08:38:49 AM

LOL

lol.... i hope their timeframe isnt 200 years. But I don't see $1M happening in our lifetime

I'm not sure what is your life expectancy Smiley, but it will either happen before 2025 or never:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Controlled_supply#Projected_Bitcoins_Short_Term

I think at the moment there is 80 % chance we will get there by 2025 and about 20 % something goes very wrong and it will go to zero.

First PC game is using Bitcoin as the currency: Fallout 2
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 08:42:35 AM

LOL

it's all about the adoption, of the big guy first and the small fish after, if it happen 1M is not so dreaming, otherwise it will remain a dream

we are not really struggling for 380, this is a price consolidation after a good pump, we can return to 1200 in no time
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 12:43:18 PM

LOL

I think your time frame is about correct.  In order to reach 1 million dollars (of today), bitcoin needs to replace about half of all fiat M2 money in the whole world.  (the current world amount of M2 money is $55 trillion)  That will take a few generations at least.

The question is whether an old technology like bitcoin at that point (200 years old) will still be the dominant cryptocurrency.

If it is a "base currency" and there are more modern ones used for day to day use, then this diminishes the market share of bitcoin of course ; bitcoin could then more look like M0 money, which is 10 times less.  So then the highest possible value for bitcoin would be something of a few $ 100 000,- of now.
talks_cheep
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 11:58:46 PM

LOL

it's all about the adoption, of the big guy first and the small fish after, if it happen 1M is not so dreaming, otherwise it will remain a dream

we are not really struggling for 380, this is a price consolidation after a good pump, we can return to 1200 in no time

Does anyone really think that if (and only if) the big guys buy up the bitcoins, they will leave anything left for us to pick up?

Adoption by the big guys is a bad news for the rest of us. If and when they come, we are screwed. It might raise the price in the short term, but the big guys will do whatever they can do to wrest the coins from us. And they will control the bitcoin, like they control the capital and markets. We will slave ourselves, just as we've always done.

yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 12:08:40 AM

...the big guys will do whatever they can do to wrest the coins from us. And they will control the bitcoin, like they control the capital and markets. We will slave ourselves, just as we've always done.

You should become a motivational speaker. I feel my spirits in my shoes, lol.
talks_cheep
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 01:44:39 AM

"we are not really struggling for 380, this is a price consolidation after a good pump, we can return to 1200 in no time"

LOL LOL LOL

"Price consolidation" my arse.

"We can return to 1200 in NO TIME" [emphasis is mine] LOL MY ARSE.

Only the most insane members of the forum call it a PRICE CONSOLIDATION. They can't see the forest because of the trees.

We can't hold 320, yet these crazies are beating the drums by saying "we can return to 1200 in no time"!

LOL

No time, my arse.

Last time we saw 1200 was in late 2013. That's TWO years ago. Yeah, sure we will see 1200 in no time.

Just because we had a mini bubble from 250 to 504, these insane people are drumming it up for you to become a bag-hodler.

Crazy thing is there are so many gullible people in the world. How many of these idiots bought $500 bitcoins? People like amph sold their $0.001 bitcoins into the $500 market, reaped a sh*t ton of money and are still beating the drums for more profit. Just pure horse manure.

Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 02:08:59 AM

"we are not really struggling for 380, this is a price consolidation after a good pump, we can return to 1200 in no time"

LOL LOL LOL

"Price consolidation" my arse.

"We can return to 1200 in NO TIME" [emphasis is mine] LOL MY ARSE.

Only the most insane members of the forum call it a PRICE CONSOLIDATION. They can't see the forest because of the trees.

We can't hold 320, yet these crazies are beating the drums by saying "we can return to 1200 in no time"!

LOL

No time, my arse.

Last time we saw 1200 was in late 2013. That's TWO years ago. Yeah, sure we will see 1200 in no time.

Just because we had a mini bubble from 250 to 504, these insane people are drumming it up for you to become a bag-hodler.

Crazy thing is there are so many gullible people in the world. How many of these idiots bought $500 bitcoins? People like amph sold their $0.001 bitcoins into the $500 market, reaped a sh*t ton of money and are still beating the drums for more profit. Just pure horse manure.

Thanks professor.
jehst

Activity: 798

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 04:35:39 PM

Assume we're going to be at 1 million in 30 years from now. $1,000,000 - $330 = $999,670.

$999,670/30 years = $33,322 per year.

We need to go up an average of $33,322 per year starting THIS YEAR to get to one million per bitcoin in 30 years from now.

So does he think we'll go sideways for a bunch of years and then jump from $330 to $200,000 in one year? Because if not, we need to start moving NOW.

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 04:57:48 PM

Assume we're going to be at 1 million in 30 years from now. $1,000,000 - $330 = $999,670.

$999,670/30 years = $33,322 per year.

We need to go up an average of $33,322 per year starting THIS YEAR to get to one million per bitcoin in 30 years from now.

So does he think we'll go sideways for a bunch of years and then jump from $330 to $200,000 in one year? Because if not, we need to start moving NOW.

Who speaks about a time period of 30 years? Wences never made any predictions how long it will take to reach that value as far as I know. Maybe it takes way longer than that.This is not the point. The point is that Bitcoin has enormous potential to grow. And if you buy today for 300 bucks and in 10 years 1BTC would be worth 50k or 100k this is a crazy amount of profit you would have made.
It's about the huge potential which are guys like Trace Mayer, Wences Casares, Roger Ver and a few others are talking about.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: