Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:35:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Satoshi Nakamoto will ever come out from his hood?  (Read 3261 times)
psonowal83 (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 06:02:31 PM

Satoshi nakamoto as we all know is a bitcoin inventor . Well he started it in 2009 and got away from it in 2011 . Why?

And Do you think he will ever come out of his hood so that everyone can see that great person and give a big and and greate salute to that guy?
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raeg

Activity: 66

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 06:10:48 PM

He probably felt like his work was done and wanted to just dissappear for whatever privacy reasons he had. I doubt he will ever return but it would be cool if he did. Maybe if he won the Nobel Prize for economics he might make an appearance but I still doubt it. would love it he won though.
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 06:10:57 PM

He's dead.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 06:12:59 PM

He's dead.

Bullshit. No one knows what happened (well, maybe some of the devs, but I still doubt that). The thing is, Satoshi benefits from remaining an anonymous figure. What he would gain from massive worldwide fame? Nothing but problems. He is at an ideal position. He is totally anonymous, and he has enough money to live for a lifetime, and with a priceless contribution to mankind.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 06:14:36 PM

He has disappeared because he thought this was the best for Bitcoin and for himself personally. Imagine a target on his head if he was known to the world with his stash of 1M bitcoins.

Will he ever show up? Maybe if he will not be dead until then and if he will think that's safe for him to come out of his hiding.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 06:26:06 PM

No. And why should he?
He always stayed anonymous because he knew what could happen to him after he let the genie out of the bottle.This is all for safety reasons.He has done what he had to do. For the further path it's up to us, the community and the devs, to make this wonderful technology a wordwide success.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3417

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2015, 06:29:33 PM

No one could answer this question other than him (Satoshi Nakamoto)... though I doubt he will come out due to security reasons but if ever he decides to finally pop out, then there would be countless medias trying to make interviews with him and wouldn't leave him alone any time soon and maybe that's why he haven't introduced his self to the public, a privacy that he would like to keep which if he decides not to do so, then it's not easy to go back....Most people that really contribute a lot in any matter, are also the ones who are under the radar

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2015, 07:22:41 PM

Just a question that I do not know about. Did he say goodbye before dissappearing? or it is was just a sudden silence?

s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 07:25:36 PM

Think about it that way...."would you be open about it, knowing you may be fuse to a bomb which can stop financial world and start something like revolution"?

I know so many examples when people buying bitcoin to avoid western union charges and thats well known for other traders on localbitcoins.

Satoshi must be wicked guy, he thought about everything. Like flippin back to the future guy who could see and was able to predict how we and whole world will behave in near future.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 07:26:08 PM

He's dead.

no proof, but i can give you that if he was going to reveal his identity he would risk his life for sure

i would not reveal myself either with 1M coins
Was

Activity: 75

We are Satoshi.

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 07:29:30 PM

https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2015-August/010238.html

Last we heard from Satoshi was on August 15th of this year in the midst of Round 1 of Block-size debate.

"I have been following the recent block size debates through the mailing list.  I had hoped the debate would resolve and that a fork proposal would achieve widespread consensus.  However with the formal release of Bitcoin XT 0.11A, this looks unlikely to happen, and so I am forced to share my concerns about this very dangerous fork.

The developers of this pretender-Bitcoin claim to be following my original vision, but nothing could be further from the truth.  When I designed Bitcoin, I designed it in such a way as to make future modifications to the consensus rules difficult without near unanimous agreement.  Bitcoin was designed to be protected from the influence of charismatic leaders, even if their name is Gavin Andresen, Barack Obama, or Satoshi Nakamoto.  Nearly everyone has to agree on a change, and they have to do it without being forced or pressured into it.  By doing a fork in this way, these developers are violating the "original vision" they claim to honour.

They use my old writings to make claims about what Bitcoin was supposed to be.  However I acknowledge that a lot has changed since that time, and new knowledge has been gained that contradicts some of my early opinions.  For example I didn't anticipate pooled mining and its effects on the security of the network.  Making Bitcoin a competitive monetary system while also preserving its security properties is not a trivial problem, and we should take more time to come up with a robust solution.  I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism.

If two developers can fork Bitcoin and succeed in redefining what "Bitcoin" is, in the face of widespread technical criticism and through the use of populist tactics, then I will have no choice but to declare Bitcoin a failed project.  Bitcoin was meant to be both technically and socially robust.  This present situation has been very disappointing to watch unfold.

Satoshi Nakamoto"

Email originated from vistomail servers.

We Are Satoshi.
Kozlov

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 07:31:37 PM

Satoshi will never come out of hiding, why would he? He's on of the richest men in the world and his word can make or break Bitcoin. Nobody needs to know who he is, his work is already out there for us all to benefit from.

Blockchain technology is here to stay, 100%! One of the greatest innovations in the 21st century so far, and the man is still a mystery. Why would it be any other way?

What would you guys even say to him if you met?

Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2015, 08:35:24 PM

Satoshi nakamoto as we all know is a bitcoin inventor . Well he started it in 2009 and got away from it in 2011 . Why?

And Do you think he will ever come out of his hood so that everyone can see that great person and give a big and and greate salute to that guy?

He's not a bitcoin inventor, he's "THE BITCOIN INVENTOR"!

I don't think he'll ever go public. There's too much risk for him if he did. Countries could try to sue him. People would harass him like a celebrity. He'd never have any privacy. He's probably not even one person...

Bitware

Activity: 926
Merit: 1001

weaving spiders come not here

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 08:36:56 PM

Will Satoshi Nakamoto will ever come out from his hood?

Not voluntarily.
StateOfAffairs

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 08:45:02 PM

He's dead.

Quoted for truth.
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2015, 08:47:19 PM

why he should come out from his hood? even if there is things that need to be changed from his point of view, he can do it fully anonymous so there is no reason to do it.

He's dead.

no proof, but i can give you that if he was going to reveal his identity he would risk his life for sure

i would not reveal myself either with 1M coins

Agree about this, that's just another one more reason to stay anonymous.

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
Possum577

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2015, 09:36:24 PM

The biggest challenge for him is that most people know the wallet addresses he has with the most coins in them, right? So if he starts to withdrawal from them he people can see it and track it, see where it's going.

knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 09:46:28 PM

In fact there is a way to moove the coins ,people will see the moove but he can easy send all into some exchange and then,withdraw im small parts,we know what he had said he has the ammount ,but maybe he holds more then those 1 milion coins,the reality is that he cant show up and say hi there im here im rich and i can hit badly the industry,credit western union banks countries ,soo why would he do that to die?
Possum577

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2015, 09:51:38 PM

In fact there is a way to moove the coins ,people will see the moove but he can easy send all into some exchange and then,withdraw im small parts,we know what he had said he has the ammount ,but maybe he holds more then those 1 milion coins,the reality is that he cant show up and say hi there im here im rich and i can hit badly the industry,credit western union banks countries ,soo why would he do that to die?

He wouldn't.

If I were him I'd want to withdrawal slowly, be able to live off of what I've created. But that seems nearly impossible for him to do, unless he had another wallet beyond that first Million...which I'm sure he did. If he was involved ("publicly") for two years, he had to have many wallets produced to get divvy up his assets.

Hopefully he's able to enjoy some wealth  from his creation, but at least he gets to anonymity, that's priceless.

Maybe he's a she!

Was

Activity: 75

We are Satoshi.

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 11:32:12 PM

He'll eventually have to do something with his coins, unless he wants us only to have 20million coins instead of 21.

How do you guys believe he will go about getting them back into the bitcoin economy? Multiple wallets or not he mined a good sum of blocks, and the coins still remain at the coinbase address.

We Are Satoshi.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: