Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:39:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I start a crowdfunding here without ruining my reputation?  (Read 504 times)
jacee (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 03:09:05 AM

So yea, as the title says. I was wondering if I can start a crowdfunding project in here for my college education for next year this coming June. I don't know if my saving will be enough so I was wondering if I could get a little help from the bitcoin community.

You see I don't want my reputation tainted in here so before making an action I tend to ask. So do you guys think I can do this or should I not just do it here?

Thanks for suggestions.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tarsua

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 03:11:50 AM

How old are you, i will be starting university (we dont have college) soon also, dont banks in your area offer student loans?
jacee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 03:15:04 AM

How old are you, i will be starting university (we dont have college) soon also, dont banks in your area offer student loans?

I'm 19. Nope. There are some sholarships available but they hardly cover the expenses needed for school so I can't much refer to that. Student loans? I hardly know any that offer this in my country. Getting a loan for education is not that easy in here. Sad
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 03:16:10 AM

I suggest that you read the "Newbie Readme"

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177133.0

It will help you to avoid making posts that will be deleted.
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 03:19:34 AM

I would not suggest you to risk your reputation (trusts) here. I am sure there is other crowdfunding websites out there that could do a better job. You are 19, you are able to get a Paypal. So most of the crowdfunding sites out there should be able to reach you.

Try to Google for government grant (?) in your country and you should be able to find some article.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 03:21:02 AM

Fair warning, as soon as someone starts begging or posting their btc addy asking for donations, they are quickly labeled a scammer, hit with neg trust, and possibly banned depending on where you post it.  I would suggest you not bother, as you probably will get little to nothing anyway, and just go the traditional route and get a student loan.  Be very wary though and read through them thoroughly.  My wife and I are currently stuck paying about 95K on loans with over 8% interest because her parents screwed us.  So just do your homework and learn how the loans work and you'll be fine.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
jacee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 03:28:01 AM

Well thanks for responses guys. I have thought about that so I am having thoughts about it. Anyway, I'll try your suggestions and once again thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: