Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:30:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: first time buyer  (Read 738 times)
monkeychicken (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 11:23:56 PM

Hiya i'm new here just about to do my first purchase of some coins. I'm from the UK so i plan to use blockchain and the pingit app. Has anyone had any experience with this ? Is there anything i should be aware of ?

Thanks in advance 
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 12:50:15 AM

I'm from the UK so i plan to use blockchain and the pingit app. Has anyone had any experience with this ?

Blockchain.info has been around for a long time.   They've been doing Pingit for a couple months now.

Is there anything i should be aware of ?

500 GBP max.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

monkeychicken (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 01:03:08 AM

Got any tips for making sure everything is secure ? and staying out of prying eyes e.g should i use the tor browser when going on block chain or is my normal ip address okay to be using when going on there ? 
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 01:24:45 AM

Got any tips for making sure everything is secure ? and staying out of prying eyes e.g should i use the tor browser when going on block chain or is my normal ip address okay to be using when going on there ? 

That depends upon how paranoid you are.  How paranoid you should be depends upon what you might plan on doing with these funds.  If you have the skills and inclination to use Tor for your bitcoin activities, you're instincts are probably right.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
monkeychicken (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 01:45:20 AM

does blockchain log ip's or anything like that ? Used normal ip when signing up too an account but haven't linked an e-mail address to the account, probably use tor mail if i wanted to add e-mail. Still fairly new to the tor browser so just learning bits about it, security wise. Also when using the pingit app i'll have to make an account and it ask me to register a phone number, currently their need to my real number which will be linked to the bank account. How should i go about that should i try and use a different number ?
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 10:52:34 AM

How should i go about that should i try and use a different number ?

Rule of thumb.  If you are going to use a payment method (like Pingit) that intersects with the banking system, you will need to provide ID  when asked.  If you don't want this scenario to happen, don't use those payment methods.  Use cash or a cash substitute.

UKash can be purchased at retail locations and used at VirWoX to buy SLLs (which can then be traded for BTCs).
 - http://www.VirWoX.com

Or use a local trader:
 - http://www.LocalBitcoins.com
  or
 - http://www.Bitcoin-otc.com

Or if you want true anonymity send cash in the mail.  You can send cash (GBP) to Bitcoin Nordic (in Denmark):
 - http://www.BitcoinNordic.com

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

hgdfjhntrdj

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 11:37:33 AM

come
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 11:55:42 AM

come

Seems scammy.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
monkeychicken (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 02:54:48 PM

How should i go about that should i try and use a different number ?

Rule of thumb.  If you are going to use a payment method (like Pingit) that intersects with the banking system, you will need to provide ID  when asked.  If you don't want this scenario to happen, don't use those payment methods.  Use cash or a cash substitute.

It's just i wanna transfer some coins to a certain site in the future (only for something minor) so it's just if crap hits the fan how likely are police to track the transfer to a certain website back to my block chain account, which then they could track where the deposit came from and my phone number pops up. Even if that happened I doubt they'd even bother with me at all if they've got bigger fish to fry (so to speak) I'm just trying to be caution cos i'm new to all this bitcoin stuff.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: