Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:05:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please help! Coins stuck in limbo  (Read 723 times)
dabbin (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 05:36:39 PM

First off, I'm new at this so you'll learn my ignorance caused my mistake. Second, I feel like I might be glad I backed up my wallet. I downloaded armory thinking that I was going to be able to just send coins back and forth from coinbase-wallet-market without knowing anything about blockchains or synching a blockchain using bitcoin core (I run OSX Yosemite 10.10.5 btw). I send a coin from my coinbase account to my armory wallet, which existed but wasn't synched. I realized after like 20 confirmations and seeing an empty wallet that I had screwed up somehow. Luckily, I made a paper wallet back up before I made the transfer. I decided to just download the bitcoin-qt and wait out the couple of days synchronization. Well, it hasn't synched...not even close. Now it gives me error messages and says "no block source available" and a few other things. Ive tried deleting the data, installing and re-installing, everything I could. I also tried the bootstrap file thing and couldn't get it to work for the life of me. Armory doesn't seem to work while bitcoin qt is synching, it also gives me error messages and such. Works fine offline though.

What can I do about this? Did I just lose $400? Or is stuck until I find a way to send back the coins to my coinbase account? I bit off more than I could chew but I'm hoping it wasn't that horrible of a mistake.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 05:56:59 PM

Your coins are safe. What you need is help setting up Core on your machine.

dabbin (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 07:50:03 PM

I just got off work so I'm gonna see if theres any good vids on core. Vids always seem to be a bit better on the learning curve.
dabbin (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 03:27:05 PM

Update (if anyone cares): Ive been running the newest version of core, all seems to be going well so far. The debug log shows I'm still receiving blocks constantly, even though the progress bar is loading slow af. I checked my network traffic and it shows I've received 11gb worth of whatever I'm receiving. Im just hoping my transaction shows after all this is done syncing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: