Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:30:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will 1 BTC reach 1M $ comparable value in 10 years?
Yes
No, never
No, it need more time
No, but it can reach more than 100K $

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: UPDATE  (Read 3921 times)
BTCBinary

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 07:28:52 PM

I believe it has all the potential to go, at least up to the price gold now stands in 10 years’ time. Many financial advisers say it will be dead before that happens, while others are confident it will succeed and go up indefinitely...
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mercado

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 07:37:28 PM

I think Bitcoin will keep its function as underlaying value to other developments being the proverbial internet gold...
To get to a one trillion dollars market cap 1BTC will have to go $50K+ which I think is possible
To get to a twenty trillion dollars market cap within 10 years however seems a bit less probable but hey, here's hoping Smiley
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 07:52:59 PM

1 million is way too much. Even if WallStreet investors come on board it won't happen. My guess is that the price will reach a few $K at most within 10 years.
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 08:24:01 PM

I don't think this is going to be happen in next 10 years because 1 M$ is very big amount if its going to touch 5000$ during this period this could be very good and in my view equal to 1 M$
doublemore

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 08:32:40 PM

Say what you think!

Yes its possible, maybe by that time we wont have such crazy bubbles.  If so i think it could.  $100k in 5 years for sure though, after that who knows, it could be a top.
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 11:27:01 PM

Ok, so most people say "not in 10 years"...then how many years (since these same people are not saying "No")?

And I'd love to get some logic or rationale.

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 12:16:23 AM

I don't know about 1M $, but Bitcoin can reach $10k in 10 years IMO. I'm not saying to reach 1M $ in 10 years is absolutely not possible, but it is highly improbable.

Says the guy who's name is  "Bet Wrong"!

Why do you think this is possible? In the last year the price has only gone down! There's not a regular growth of price so something significant and unforeseen would have to happen to get the price that high.

This technology is too revolutionary and disruptive to have a nice and slow smooth growth. If you think time is relative to price increase you have got it wrong. We will have supper big rallies of people realizing they are idiots by not being on BTC yet and FOMO will ensue tsunami type of price raises at any given time. It will the least expected day where the big rally begins.
Possum577

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 04:29:34 AM

I don't know about 1M $, but Bitcoin can reach $10k in 10 years IMO. I'm not saying to reach 1M $ in 10 years is absolutely not possible, but it is highly improbable.

Says the guy who's name is  "Bet Wrong"!

Why do you think this is possible? In the last year the price has only gone down! There's not a regular growth of price so something significant and unforeseen would have to happen to get the price that high.

This technology is too revolutionary and disruptive to have a nice and slow smooth growth. If you think time is relative to price increase you have got it wrong. We will have supper big rallies of people realizing they are idiots by not being on BTC yet and FOMO will ensue tsunami type of price raises at any given time. It will the least expected day where the big rally begins.

Yeah, that's a great point. The growth will be sporadic and exponential (hopefully at times!) I still can't imagine a $10,000 per coin valuation. It's not like people are putting numbers to their claims or predictions...which makes it worse. It hypes people up with no fact or logic or math to the predictions...

FrostStick

Activity: 361

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 04:35:58 AM

If fiat collapses, then for sure, btc will rise to its true value.
Suntouri

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 04:41:13 AM

III WW ?
Possum577

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 06:06:21 AM

If fiat collapses the world will be in melt down mode and Bitcoin won't be an easy savior. Especially if we've lost the ability to access the internet (which is perfectly possible if the economy is breaking down).

ALso, if Bitcoin becomes the only monetary system imagine how all the people in power will want to control and manipulate and dominate the bitcoin world - it's already happening!

elite3000
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 09:52:17 AM

Say what you think!

all what i think is it won't happen, don't even dream nor wish for it 'cause you'll just be disappointed and frustrated. personally i am happy with btc going back to $1k once again, definitely more possible in just years or maybe even in just months...
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 10:02:15 AM

I surely hope so, but I don't think it will happen if I look at it from a realistic point of view. There are too much people with at least 10K BTC. And do you remember the hamburger king and experienced pussy lover, Mark Karpeles? Don't you think he'll get mad and start dumping like there is no tomorrow?
FrostStick

Activity: 361

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 10:05:22 AM

If fiat collapses the world will be in melt down mode and Bitcoin won't be an easy savior. Especially if we've lost the ability to access the internet (which is perfectly possible if the economy is breaking down).

ALso, if Bitcoin becomes the only monetary system imagine how all the people in power will want to control and manipulate and dominate the bitcoin world - it's already happening!

Well if fiat collapses, there is no point in measuring things in dollars. We should be saying that in 10 years everything will be denominated in bitcoins Smiley
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1358

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 01:04:39 PM

I think we should be more realistic about price predictions.
It may definitely hit $1m but it is more likely to hit $10k.
xdrpx

Activity: 616
Merit: 603

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 01:40:15 PM

To be on the safer side of speculating I would say only time would tell. We should probably let Bitcoin roll on the steep and low roller coaster and attain some form of long term stability in its price which could make a big difference.
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 01:50:46 PM

Bitcoin price in 10 years can be over 10k/100k$ (or worthless which I don't think it will happens).
I voted the 4th suggestion - even thinking that in the future we will not compare btc/usd but mbtc(better to find a cute name for it)/usd

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 03:34:47 PM

Ok, so most people say "not in 10 years"...then how many years (since these same people are not saying "No")?

And I'd love to get some logic or rationale.

no one know, but in 10 years the mining supply will be useless, so it is as we are already in 2140, hence i would say that from 10+ years there is ahcances for a big value in bitcoin

not that i think miners are putting a big pressur eon the market even right now...they are probably holding 50% also
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 08:11:50 PM

According to one of the studies done by one American analysts house, Bitcoin has a 50% of disappearing, and 50% of making it. Out of those 50% 0.02% are that Bitcoin will be a backbone of world financial system in the future and in this case 1 bitcoin would be worth $1M.

So yes, I guess we do have a chance. I mean even 0.02% is a chance!

Can you provide a link to this? I'd be interested inreading the analysis. Numbers seem a bit arbitrary though.

50% chance of making it? It already kind of made it. It is everywhere, used for everything, now only a larger userbase is what we need to grow faster.

Enjoy!

http://www.coindesk.com/wedbush-report-projects-400-bitcoin-price-by-2016/
Barnabe

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 12:56:29 PM

90% financial guess are wrong.
A lot are made, but only the right ones will be quoted

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]