Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:40:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Backdoor in 1337 wallet...?!  (Read 1718 times)
anonymousx

Activity: 431
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 07:56:46 PM

ok, I am not pointing fingers but maybe dev explain why 1337 qt windows binary needs clipboard permission, I blocked access and it still works without it, but why? this is the first QT wallet that needs to read the clipboard illegal on a non-system operation, for example I copy and paste something to it that's legal, but I copy elsewhere and it reads it that's not legal.

awaiting dev reply, love the coin, too stupid to compile my own wallet, bought bunch of the crypto to start staking and support the network, only if yobit release my withdrawals.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Arrakeen (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 12:33:56 AM

ok, I am not pointing fingers but maybe dev explain why 1337 qt windows binary needs clipboard permission, I blocked access and it still works without it, but why? this is the first QT wallet that needs to read the clipboard illegal on a non-system operation, for example I copy and paste something to it that's legal, but I copy elsewhere and it reads it that's not legal.

awaiting dev reply, love the coin, too stupid to compile my own wallet, bought bunch of the crypto to start staking and support the network, only if yobit release my withdrawals.

Weird stuff going on...thanks for your input, let's see what the dev has to say about this  Roll Eyes
knightkon

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 02:13:27 AM

How is something like this possible.  What is the purpose of the virus.  If something like this got into the system, would it not crash the whole system for that coin?  I knew it would only be a matter of time before something like this happened.

███████████████████████████
██████████▄▄███▄▄██████████
████████▄█████████▄████████
██████▄█████████████▄██████
█████▄███████████████▄█████
█████▀███████████████▀█████
███████▀███████████▀███████
█████████▀███████▀█████████
███████████▀███▀███████████
.BITAMP..
   BITAMP BITCOIN WALLET   
Easy to use, client-side, &
open-source Bitcoin wallet
████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████
████▄▀▀▀   ▄▄█▄▄   ▀▀▀▄████
█████ ▀▄▄▀▀     ▀▀▄▄▀ █████
█████  █    ███    █  █████
█████  █   ▄███▄   █  █████
█████  █  ███████  █  █████
████▀▄ ▀▄ ███████ ▄▀ ▄▀████
█████▀▄ ▀▄       ▄▀ ▄▀█████
██████▀▄  ▀▄▄ ▄▄▀  ▄▀██████
████████▀▄   █   ▄▀████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████▄▀▀▀▄  ▄███▄  ▄▀▀▀▄████
█████   █ ▐█████▌ █   █████
███▄▄▀ ▀▄  ▀███▀  ▄▀ ▀▄▄███
██      ▄██▀▀▀██▄      ███
██     ███▄███ ███     ███
███▄▄▄▄ █████▄▄████ ▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████████████
█████████████████▄▄▄▄█▄████
███████████████████████▀███
█████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
███████▄▀  ▄█▄█▄  ▀▄███████
██████▄▀   █    █  ▀▄██████
███████    █▀▀▀▀▄   ███████
██████▀▄   █    █  ▄▀██████
███████▀▄  ▀█▀█▀  ▄▀███████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄█████
███▄███████████████████████
████▀█▀▀▀▀█████████████████
|SECURE
ANONYMOUS
INSTANT
Arrakeen (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 03:42:36 AM

How is something like this possible.  What is the purpose of the virus.  If something like this got into the system, would it not crash the whole system for that coin?  I knew it would only be a matter of time before something like this happened.

what do you mean by 'crash the system'?  You mean crash the price, or the network itself?  If implemented properly, a backdoor could just send all the requested user information to the dev, while the coin network runs as expected from end-user's standpoint.  I'm not saying this is such a case, but in theory it is totally plausible.
1990BEARS

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 03:53:47 AM

A coin name l337 just screams "hidden virus!"
i agree... why would you trust a coin that has this title, it is obvious it is not there for long run.
anonymousx

Activity: 431
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 04:17:09 AM

I have used it for a while, no problems at all, I used sandbox to see if it's going to leave something behind, nothing happend, but still I need dev to come out and tell me what he compiled in there, because I know for sure that you can bypass sandbox, and I know for sure that you can melt a trojan or anything, and I know for sure that a staking wallet will always be online to stake so the trojan don't need to be in the system, and I know for sure that he can use the peer to peer as a network to host his trojan without a central server, because I have done all of this crap when I was a kid, there is a known peer to peer trojan currently that can steal all kinds of wallet available for only 0.1 BTC and it's called black shade or something and it's totally FUD, also zeus became p2p and source is available online, it can easily bind with the wallet and connections would seem normal, and I have seen many members from BTT on hackforums, so please come out and tell us.

- for now I would recommend using paper wallets or running the wallet on a VM.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 04:52:09 AM

A coin name l337 just screams "hidden virus!"

Or "pwned!"

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
BurstIncomeAsset

Activity: 504
Merit: 511

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 06:14:50 AM

Not surprizing, people should always check first what they download. Especially if you hold large sums on your PC.

An antivirus scan is always recommended. BURST doesnt have backdoors in its wallets thats for sure.
Arrakeen (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 06:09:51 PM

Not surprizing, people should always check first what they download. Especially if you hold large sums on your PC.

An antivirus scan is always recommended. BURST doesnt have backdoors in its wallets thats for sure.

Well you sure seem un-biased, judging by your profile..... Grin nice price rise recently, congrats Smiley
BurstIncomeAsset

Activity: 504
Merit: 511

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 05:25:24 AM

Well you sure seem un-biased, judging by your profile..... Grin nice price rise recently, congrats Smiley

Well I`m just a user of BURST and managing the INCOME asset of the BURST asset exchange.

I`m not in the dev team.
Arrakeen (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 04:25:26 AM

Well I`m just a user of BURST and managing the INCOME asset of the BURST asset exchange.

I`m not in the dev team.

How does the income asset work?  I found a link but it doesn't explain much.  How far along the roadmap are you?  I could offer my assistance if it's needed - just shoot me a PM if so!  I'd be glad to help - I like sharing my knowledge, and assisting in any way I can to as many coins as possible (this acct. isn't my main).
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 04:40:43 AM

Don't be surprised by that i have seen a LOT of wallets ask for that exact permission with my security.

My password manager program "Password Depot" prompts me for any windows QT i have run.
It warns me that they all tried to access the clipboard info.

I don't have any info on that but i have seen it on all clean wallets.
Don't be alarmed by that.. it's normal.

I have used a LOT of wallets too Wink

I got up to 15 gigs worth before i started deleting them LOL

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: