Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:09:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who gets the Transaction Fees?  (Read 1505 times)
mufa23 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 05:51:05 AM

If I am not mistaken, the fees go to support the network (server nodes). Who is hosting these nodes? Is it possible for me to host one, and collect a small amount of BTC. I never really thought about how it works. Figured I'd inquire.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 05:53:12 AM

If I am not mistaken, the fees go to support the network (server nodes). Who is hosting these nodes? Is it possible for me to host one, and collect a small amount of BTC. I never really thought about how it works. Figured I'd inquire.

Miners get the transactions fees for the transactions that are included in a block they solve.
sippsnapp

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 05:55:26 AM

Miners get the transactions fees for the transactions that are included in a block they solve.

Yea, but guess he means the fees you pay when sending now some bitcoin to another wallet, i want to know this too, never bothered with it.

Πάντα ῥεῖ
Bitcoin + Altcoin node pool setup - pm
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 05:57:52 AM

Yea, but guess he means the fees you pay when sending now some bitcoin to another wallet, i want to know this too, never bothered with it.

Um Huh

Those fees are called transaction fees and they go the miner who solves the block that includes the transaction.  If you want transaction fees you need to mine.

Block Reward = (Block Subsidy) + (tx fees for all transactions contained in the block)
mufa23 (OP)
Legendary

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 06:20:11 AM

Those fees are called transaction fees and they go the miner who solves the block that includes the transaction.  If you want transaction fees you need to mine.
So then, since I mine at EMC, Inaba gets all of my transaction fees?

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 06:22:12 AM

So then, since I mine at EMC, Inaba gets all of my transaction fees?

I am not sure EMC policies.  Some pools keep all the fees, some pools pay out the fees.  If your pool doesn't payout tx fees then you can consider it a hidden tax/fee.
sippsnapp

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 06:28:58 AM

Well maybe im just too tired to get the point, please be kind.
When a block is mined the bitcoin get distributed, so considered i sent one if these mined coins, somebody gets a fee, who is that?
I just wonder because the bitcoin we sent thre could be sent other 100 times, and everytime a fee is payd.

Πάντα ῥεῖ
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 06:35:31 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2012, 06:53:13 AM by DeathAndTaxes

When a block is mined the bitcoin get distributed, so considered i sent one if these mined coins, somebody gets a fee, who is that?
I just wonder because the bitcoin we sent thre could be sent other 100 times, and everytime a fee is payd.

I don't really know how to answer it any simpler.  It has been asked and answered twice.

If you create a transaction ... that transaction will be included in a block.  Only one block (in the best chain).  That block will only be found by one miner.  Not bunches of miners, not every single node a single miner (in a pool the reward is split but it is still found by one miner).  The miner/pool who solves the block will get ALL the tx fees of all the txs included in the block.  Period.

BR0KK

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 06:46:02 AM

i mined there too, Inaba doesn't have any fees on his pool he runs it on Dontaions. I think that he pays them out too (calculated with DGM). Now i'm on P2Pool for a month now. Try that if you want to get rid of the pool Smiley

sippsnapp

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 07:01:23 AM

I don't really know how to answer it any simpler.  It has been asked and answered twice.

If you create a transaction ... that transaction will be included in a block.  Only one block (in the best chain).  That block will only be found by one miner.  Not bunches of miners, not every single node a single miner (in a pool the reward is split but it is still found by one miner).  The miner/pool who solves the block will get ALL the tx fees of all the txs included in the block.  Period.

Yeah, that was the point i did not get.

So as i understand it now, when i solve a block, i get all transaction fees that will come up in the future?!?

Πάντα ῥεῖ
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 07:03:34 AM

So as i understand it now, when i solve a block, i get all transaction fees that will come up in the future?!?

No.  Huh

(I am going to bed).
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 07:28:32 AM

No. You get the tx fees that were accumulated since the last block was solved.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 08:34:55 AM

Guys, r u kidding?  Grin

My 2 satoshis:
Fees are paid to transfer bitcoins. Part of these bitcoins already contains fees. So we pay fees to transfer other fees and so on. Like "compound interest" amount of fees of transferred fees grows very fast. In a while the blockchain will be bloated with fees and just a few virgin bitcoins will be lying in Satoshi's wallet. Then the Big Bang will occur and a new coin will appear.
Rick James

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 08:43:56 AM

How does a hero member ask such a remedial noob as fuck question?

mufa23 (OP)
Legendary

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 08:48:29 AM

One would assume by posting more then five hundred times and never learning how the fee system works.

Rick James

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 08:57:08 AM

One would assume by posting more then five hundred times and never learning how the fee system works.

mufa23 (OP)
Legendary

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 10:14:57 AM

Just a heads up, intentionally derailing threads and shit posting is generally frowned upon. If you have nothing to contribute (i.e. "noob as fuck") and reply with large media because you lack the cognitive ability to socialize in a proper manner, then I suggest you check out this board -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=9.0

From what I have gathered, having the last word appears to be of the utmost importance to you. So I hope you don't mind that I have taken the liberty of locking this thread.  Cool

Thank you DeathAfterTaxes, and everyone else that contributed.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: