Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:03:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fall due to Coinbase trying to push through XT and change leadership ?  (Read 2244 times)
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 08:16:05 AM

Yep, safe to say we're way outside the mean.

Negative correlation for the last two years. What gives?

The chart is showing you what you will get: Higher prices in the future.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 08:23:39 AM

Yep, safe to say we're way outside the mean.

Negative correlation for the last two years. What gives?

The chart is showing you what you will get: Higher prices in the future.

I also expect higher prices in the future but not because of "MOAR TRANSACTIONS" but because of "MOAR HOLDERS".

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
danielW (OP)

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 02:59:18 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2016, 03:32:28 AM by danielW

Well I was mocked by some when I made the thread (cognitive dissonance?) but the pattern is very clear now. News that increases likely-hood of contentious hard fork always leads to price drops. When coup attempts seem unlikely and support for them drops, price increases.

Some (too many to actually recall) of the notable events:

XT released: huge drop

XT looses support price increases

Coinbase CEO and some other companies gives support to XT, price drop

Coinbase says it is trailing XT, price drops

Classic is announced price drops

Classic claims support of majority miners (admittedly Mike 'traitor' Hearn Rage quit then also and influenced price) price drops sharply

Classic binaries released and Gavin makes more pro fork propaganda, price drops
gijoes

Activity: 499
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 03:24:04 AM

Well I was mocked by some when I made the thread (cognitive dissonance?) but the pattern is very clear now. News that increases likely-hood of contentious hard fork always leads to price drops. When coup attempts seem unlikely and support for them drops price increases.

Classic claims support of majority miners (admittedly Mike 'traitor' Hearn Rage quit then also and influenced price) price drops sharply

Exactly. Correlation between any development positive to hard fork and negative price movement is so strong, it's not even funny. And this is still with hostile hard fork probability VERY VERY low. But now it seems that corporate interests behind this hostile takeover attempt are not going to give up so easily. So, probability of hard fork and network split is steadily increasing. Once it becomes a REAL possibility, THEN the actual dump starts.

🔒 SafeCrypt.io  █████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 03:50:10 AM

Well I was mocked by some when I made the thread (cognitive dissonance?) but the pattern is very clear now. News that increases likely-hood of contentious hard fork always leads to price drops. When coup attempts seem unlikely and support for them drops price increases.

Exactly. Correlation between any development positive to hard fork and negative price movement is so strong, it's not even funny. And this is still with hostile hard fork probability VERY VERY low. But now it seems that corporate interests behind this hostile takeover attempt are not going to give up so easily. So, probability of hard fork and network split is steadily increasing. Once it becomes a REAL possibility, THEN the actual dump starts.

With millions of dollars from investors to keep happy I doubt Blockstream will idly stand by and allow a hard fork from Classic to activate. It is more likely that Classic will hasten progress of SegWit and a hard fork from Core later in the year.

Wetlint

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 12:31:03 PM

The KNC has adopted the Bitcoin Classic and Coinbase will use Classic as well. The price has risen.
asradoni

Activity: 1039
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 07:21:29 PM

The KNC has adopted the Bitcoin Classic and Coinbase will use Classic as well. The price has risen.

The price is still higher than a few weeks ago. So the market reaction to the classic going alive is quite positive.
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 07:32:23 PM

What? Coinbase will adopt classic? that is surprising to me as I have read some critics railing on classic as not being a very professional team. I am happy if it works well though.

asradoni

Activity: 1039
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 08:00:54 AM

What? Coinbase will adopt classic? that is surprising to me as I have read some critics railing on classic as not being a very professional team. I am happy if it works well though.

When the miners convert to Classic, so will the developers. These people will adapt to the new scheme.
Yamifoud

Activity: 2730
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 07:49:20 PM

Does anybody think when the SegWit comes out later this month, the price of bitcoin will be pumped?
Kalder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 10:51:01 AM

Does anybody think when the SegWit comes out later this month, the price of bitcoin will be pumped?

Anything that increase the block size and make transaction more smooth will push up the prices of bitcoin.

coinyard

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 08:44:19 AM

The bitcoin price has risen from $400 to $469 now. What is the reason for the current price? No XT or Classic?

Yamifoud

Activity: 2730
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 08:16:00 PM

The bitcoin price has risen from $400 to $469 now. What is the reason for the current price? No XT or Classic?

that is just normal fluctuation of the bitcoin price. It is the same as before. There is no big news to drive the price.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: