Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:06:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I apologize, Let me rephrase that  (Read 3011 times)
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4669

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 05:52:43 PM

Does anybody else see the problem with this statement:
. . . I am actually trying to start an honest business here.

When he goes on to make these statements:
so, he's selling you $200 moneypak for...$110? where's he getting them from that he can afford to eat the other $90?
I don't ask questions, and it's better that i don't know. . .

at such a huge loss doesn't really make any sense when they can exchange those MP's for btc and exchange BTC for whatever currency...
Then again, some of them are acquired illicitly, but I personally trust most of my sellers. . .

Maybe it's just me, but if I was trying to start an honest business, I'd ask questions, I'd want to know, and I'd make sure that my sellers weren't acquiring their merchandise illicitly.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2012, 05:56:14 PM

I recently posted a thread that didn't receive the response I anticipated, so let me explain-I will try and be as transparent as possible:

I have an investment opportunity; I have a seller that sells me MoneyPaks at a discounted price 55% of face value and the lowest amount he carries is 200, and he accepts BTC as payment. The more BTC I receive, the more MoneyPaks I am able to buy. Here's the issue: I would much rather not pay the high rate exchange fees that all the exchangers have, I'd much rather have someone invest their BTC and then receive cash for their investment plus 10%. It's faster, easier, and no chance for me getting scammed. The turn around time is usually 2-3days per 2000$. I'm not asking that you invest 2000$ but that a rate you can use to gage your specific turn around time. You may think this is a scam, you may not, but the fact is, if you are willing to invest, feel free to contact me or post to thread.

For all those who read my other thread, I apologize for the misunderstandings. I am actually trying to start an honest business here.

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
TimeFlies (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2012, 06:17:58 PM

Does anybody else see the problem with this statement:
. . . I am actually trying to start an honest business here.

When he goes on to make these statements:
so, he's selling you $200 moneypak for...$110? where's he getting them from that he can afford to eat the other $90?
I don't ask questions, and it's better that i don't know. . .

at such a huge loss doesn't really make any sense when they can exchange those MP's for btc and exchange BTC for whatever currency...
Then again, some of them are acquired illicitly, but I personally trust most of my sellers. . .

Maybe it's just me, but if I was trying to start an honest business, I'd ask questions, I'd want to know, and I'd make sure that my sellers weren't acquiring their merchandise illicitly.
It's not my responsibility to know. When you buy bread at a supermarket, do you ask where they got it? No. I just offer my services and fullfil the terms of agreement. That's what I mean by honest mate.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 06:23:24 PM

"Here's the issue: I would much rather not pay the high rate exchange fees that all the exchangers have, I'd much rather have someone invest their BTC and then receive cash for their investment plus 10%."

The exchangers cost way less than 10% genius Wink

Logic isn't his strong suit.   Dammit I don't want to pay 5% I would rather have to convince strangers this isn't a scam and pay 10%!

To the OP,  your about 6 months late for your low skill scams.  Still I will give you 1 BTC* for links to the forums/threads where you learned this forum is full of a bunch of suckers/marks (likely as a result of the Pirate idiocy).   *If you GTFO after providing the links.

It's forum policy.

You can keep the 1btc to offset whatever "Donator" cost.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4396
Merit: 3062

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 07:04:29 PM

When you buy bread at a supermarket, do you ask where they got it?
I do, and so would anyone else with half a brain, if they're selling it for half the cost of the ingredients to make it. And if their answer is "we don't ask questions, and it's better if we don't know", I think I will be purchasing my bread elsewhere. You're either a thief or a scammer, and we'll have no part of either. GTFO.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 10:37:26 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2012, 11:14:21 PM by Blazr

If what you're saying is true then your MoneyPaks are definitely stolen and transactions will be reversed.

Nobody would sell legit MoneyPaks at half price, nobody.

Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 10:47:25 PM

If what you're saying is true then your MoneyPaks are definitely stolen and transactions will be reversed.

Nobody would sell MoneyPaks at half price, nobody.

People who do digital or identity theft then use credit to purchase moneypaks and resell them back for BTC would.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 10:52:01 PM

That's the whole point.  Please lock this thread.
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 11:15:36 PM

I'm on HF..

Is that some kind of drug? Is that what you need to steal our money for?

There are people who can help you overcome this addiction. It doesn't have to be like this.
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 12:26:41 AM

He's referring to hackforums.net where he holds an account and purchases MoneyPaks from people who do the identity theft.

Fair warning for US Bitcoiners, if you purchase MoneyPaks for BTC, your spending of the MoneyPaks will be monitored and you will be questioned by an agent of the federal government.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 12:27:30 AM

Please lock this thread.
TimeFlies (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2012, 02:06:29 AM

MoneyPaks can only be purchased with cash :-/
smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 04:55:44 AM

It smells like Bullshit in here.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2012, 02:24:00 PM

It smells like Bullshit in here.

Then please don't step in, this thread needed to be closed yesterday.

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 02:30:42 PM

Thread locked to prevent trollfest from continuing. OP, illegal activities are not condoned in this forum.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: