Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:53:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you don't have any ideas, you shouldn't even complain.  (Read 2418 times)
TheGr33k (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 10:26:47 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2015, 11:11:42 PM by TheGr33k

Let me just begin my thread by mentioning how pathetic it is in my honest opinion that some people in this forum do not have ideas to help the success of Bitcoin, but have the undeserved self righteousness to belittle another human being's ideas with no audacity to come up with their own.

Bitcoin is still very much in its prime. It will only succeed if we have every single Bitcoin user having some kind of strategy to help it grow. You cannot complain that you're struggling with your bills trying to have Bitcoin as your plan A. Bitcoin isn't even qualified to be a plan A, when it has plan B characteristics. Take those characteristics and change them.

If you're one of the many people that just want to cash in on Bitcoin, but not help it then just leave.
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 10:32:59 PM

I'm sorry, I missed what your idea is to push the success of Bitcoin forward, how are you helping Bitcoin - can you share that with us please?

You have a personal message that advertises that you sell gems. And you have a signature for YoBit, which you get paid for. You wouldn't want us left with the impression that you're only here for personal gain, "that [you] just want to cash in on bitcoin", would you?

The reality is this Forum is not just for people that have ideas on how to improve Bitcoin's adoption, or infrastructure, or transaction volume capacity. This Forum is for much more than that. It's for people to learn about Bitcoin. It's for people to ask questions about Bitcoin. It's for people to sell things or services for Bitcoin.  It's for people to discuss mining Bitcoin.

Most important, it's for people to enjoy in a community that uses and appreciates Bitcoin.

If you can't understand that, if you can't handle that, if you think that all others must go - you don't get it and perhaps you should leave.

I agree with this sentiment 100%, we need to treat people with respect, which includes not trying to chase people away based on what one person values as their contribution.

Let me just begin my thread by mentioning how pathetic it is that some people in this forum...have the undeserved self righteousness to belittle another human being's ideas with no audacity to come up with their own.

TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 10:39:53 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2015, 11:09:00 PM by TheGr33k

I'm sorry, I missed what your idea is to push the success of Bitcoin forward - can you share that with us please?

You have a personal message that advertises that you sell gems. And you have a signature for YoBit, which you get paid for. You wouldn't want us left with the impression that you're only here for personal gain, "that [you] just want to cash in on bitcoin", would you?

The reality is this Forum is not just for people that have ideas on how to improve Bitcoin's adoption, or infrastructure, or transaction volume capacity. This Forum is for much more than that. It's for people to learn about Bitcoin. It's for people to ask questions about Bitcoin. It's for people to sell things or services for Bitcoin.  It's for people to discuss mining Bitcoin.

Most important, it's for people to enjoy in a community that uses and appreciates Bitcoin.

If you can't understand that, if you can't handle that, if you think that all others must go - you don't get it and perhaps you should leave.
To be completely honest, I'm really sticking up for somebody else with this post. Not myself.

I am a coder for an upcoming website a friend and I will be using to help showcase artwork for Bitcoin. We are almost done with this project.

Fine. If you want to be here to learn about Bitcoin, that's great. Just don't sit around and complain that the price keeps dropping when you're not really doing anything to prevent that. I see that too much and it's annoying.

New thread title: "If you don't have any ideas, you shouldn't even complain".
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 10:42:11 PM

Nonsense

For quite a while I visited the forums as a guest before joining.

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 10:45:52 PM

i think what the OP is trying to say is that soo many people sit on their hands and shout,
when will bitcoin go mainstream
when will bitcoin get noticed
when will bitcoin reach $xxxx

well, bitcoin is just code.. it has no voice, no arms no legs..
its the community. (you and me) that are the voice, arms and legs.. so for those asking when.. the answer is when they help themselves.

a prime example is a guy asking when his local shop will accept bitcoin.. like it will magically happen.. if he wants his local shop to accept bitcoin, he the person in the town, using that shop should go and ask that shop about bitcoin.. as a stranger 1000 miles away wont do it..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 10:46:47 PM

I think the number one idea for coming here (for me at least) was to learn. When I joined in 2011 there really were no other places to learn about and discuss btc. I needed knowledge.

During my stay here I've had ideas. I've seen others with bright ideas. I've seen them come and I've seen them go. All sorts of bright ideas. Maybe 1% actually took hold and were useful the rest were just pissing in the wind. Sorry guy, but the worlds full of brilliant thinkers with great ideas. The road to hell is also paved with good intentions.
You will have to excuse me now because I need to lead my horse to water...
TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 10:57:46 PM

i think what the OP is trying to say is that soo many people sit on their hands and shout,

its the community. (you and me) that are the voice, arms and legs.. so for those asking when.. the answer is when they help themselves.

a prime example is a guy asking when his local shop will accept bitcoin.. like it will magically happen.. if he wants his local shop to accept bitcoin, he the person in the town, using that shop should go and ask that shop about bitcoin.. as a stranger 1000 miles away wont do it..

Thank you for this. Yes.

I feel like I could have said it in a nicer way, but it doesn't matter. Everyone gets the gist of it.
USB-S

Activity: 574

In XEM we trust

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 11:16:49 PM

Thank you for this. Yes.

I feel like I could have said it in a nicer way, but it doesn't matter. Everyone gets the gist of it.
Careful, ego is huge in this one. In all seriousness people who are part of this community are doing much more than rest of the world who are unaware of bitcoin. Even if they are yelling about bitcoin in a negative way, you forget that even bad publicity is publicity. I'm not saying that everyone who is bashing bitcoin is doing us good, I'm just saying that we need them in order for this to work. Just like we need all the news articles who claim that we're going to be dead in 3 years time. We need them to prove them wrong.

````````````````████████
_`````````██████████████████████
_`````█████████████████████████████
_```█████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_█████████```````████████```````████████
_███████````████````██`````███````███████
_██████````████████`````████████``███████
_██████````██████````██``██████```███████
_███████```````````████``````````████████
_██████████████████████████████████████
_```_████████████████████████████████
_``````████████████████████████████
_`````````3█████████████████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
TELEGRAM CHAT   SITE   TELEGRAM
                   Get free eth
TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 11:25:53 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2015, 11:43:21 PM by TheGr33k

Thank you for this. Yes.

Careful, ego is huge in this one. In all seriousness people who are part of this community are doing much more than rest of the world who are unaware of bitcoin. Even if they are yelling about bitcoin in a negative way, you forget that even bad publicity is publicity. I'm not saying that everyone who is bashing bitcoin is doing us good, I'm just saying that we need them in order for this to work. Just like we need all the news articles who claim that we're going to be dead in 3 years time. We need them to prove them wrong.

My ego isn't huge at all. I'm being honest. I'm not going to tell you things in a way that won't hurt your feelings. I will tell you as it is. "If you complain that you don't like it, get up and do something about it".

As for media attention, what does that have to do with Bitcoin users complaining that Bitcoin isn't worth their time anymore?
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 12:14:41 AM

The people here can't do much. Those who are constantly asking for global adoption and for when the price will reach $25,000 per coin, are the kind of people who don't understand how Bitcoin works and what it exactly does. They are here to earn some free bits and just YOLO buy their coins at a certain price hoping it will rise so they can make a nice profit.

I am the kind of person who finds that actions speak louder than words. I try to keep the network as safe as possible by running a full node. It might not look like much, but I am definitely contributing. I make people aware of Bitcoin by telling what and how they can use it to benefit from it.

What I and other people can do is, visit local stores and explain them in detail what Bitcoin is and how it works. If I can make at least 1 store accept Bitcoin, my task is already successful.
worhiper_-_

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 12:20:29 AM

I think that OP is missing the point at large. Many people use bitcoin for various reasons. Thanks to it's neutrality and ease of getting to use an address with just basic technical skills needed it's obvious that not every user is going to have a deep technical understanding. Not every bitcoiner can program, not every bitcoiner can come up with BIPs (bitcoin improvement proposals). Whoever is a user however, still hase the chance to defend the way they're using bitcoin by complaining if it was to be threatened. After all, ideas aren't far from complaints. Especially if the person coming up with the idea can't or doesn't know how to implement it.

My ego isn't huge at all.

You're not qualified to say that.  Cheesy
TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 12:27:12 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2015, 01:56:25 AM by TheGr33k

I think that OP is missing the point at large. Many people use bitcoin for various reasons. Thanks to it's neutrality and ease of getting to use an address with just basic technical skills needed it's obvious that not every user is going to have a deep technical understanding. Not every bitcoiner can program, not every bitcoiner can come up with BIPs (bitcoin improvement proposals). Whoever is a user however, still hase the chance to defend the way they're using bitcoin by complaining if it was to be threatened. After all, ideas aren't far from complaints. Especially if the person coming up with the idea can't or doesn't know how to implement it.

My ego isn't huge at all.

You're not qualified to say that.  Cheesy
How am I not qualified to say the truth?

Obviously not everyone will come up with an idea. I'm just saying that if you're going to complain about the way Bitcoin is, then you should do something about it instead of whine.
worhiper_-_

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 02:13:30 AM

Obviously not everyone will come up with an idea. I'm just saying that if you're going to complain about the way Bitcoin is, then you should do something about it instead of whine.
Let others judge you, you can't be an objective judge of yourself due to the point of view you'll always have.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 02:22:29 AM

I don't have any ideas. I'm not complaining. I'm ready to support the good ideas when they come along.
maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 02:42:17 AM

I do not complain either, and not doing much. Well, I try to educate people on using exchanges, differences between Pow/Pos Coins, talking about Bitcoin services etc. But not doing much...

USB-S

Activity: 574

In XEM we trust

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 02:44:36 AM

Let others judge you, you can't be an objective judge of yourself due to the point of view you'll always have.
PM me your address, I want to tip you.

OP, you're the negative Nancy in this situation. Like OP said in another thread, when you see no problem, then there is no problem. Or something along the lines like that. Most, if not all people who join this forum are here to learn/be part of a community, that has huge potential. 99% of the people are genuine not shitposters.

Don't take this last sentence seriously. A little bit of shit doesn't ruin the whole plate.

````````````````████████
_`````````██████████████████████
_`````█████████████████████████████
_```█████████████████████████████████
_█████████```````████████```````████████
_███████````████````██`````███````███████
_██████````████████`````████████``███████
_██████````██████````██``██████```███████
_███████```````````████``````````████████
_██████████████████████████████████████
_```_████████████████████████████████
_``````████████████████████████████
_`````````3█████████████████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
TELEGRAM CHAT   SITE   TELEGRAM
                   Get free eth
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 02:45:59 AM

Fine. If you want to be here to learn about Bitcoin, that's great. Just don't sit around and complain that the price keeps dropping when you're not really doing anything to prevent that. I see that too much and it's annoying.

New thread title: "If you don't have any ideas, you shouldn't even complain".

I noticed, thanks, i appreciate it. The bitching needs to GO! There's no time or space for it here!

TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 03:52:32 AM

Nobody is going to judge a person they don't know personally .
TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 03:55:14 AM

I don't have any ideas. I'm not complaining. I'm ready to support the good ideas when they come along.
Thank you.
TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 03:59:52 AM

PM me your address, I want to tip you.

OP, you're the negative Nancy in this situation. Like OP said in another thread, when you see no problem, then there is no problem. Or something along the lines like that. Most, if not all people who join this forum are here to learn/be part of a community, that has huge potential. 99% of the people are genuine not shitposters.

Don't take this last sentence seriously. A little bit of shit doesn't ruin the whole plate.

All I'm trying to say is don't complain if you're not going to do anything about Bitcoin. That's all I'm saying. I'm sorry you're offended because you'd rather complain than actually do something.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: