Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:20:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will science/program/tutor for bitcoin  (Read 894 times)
Alrecenk (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 01:46:03 AM

I like the idea of bitcoin. I'd like to benefit from it, but I'd rather do something that actually adds value to the bitcoin economy rather than play the speculator's game. Lucky for me (and hopefully you!), I have some free time, and a lot of skills that can be applied over the internet. Specifically, I'm a computer scientist and mathematician. My specialties include physics simulations, computer vision, image processing, artificial intelligence, optimization, numerical analysis, statistics, differential equations, and of course video game design. I also have a very strong background in the more general software engineering and vector calculus etc. My website is www.alrecenk.com, and if you're interested in the game stuff I've got a youtube channel as well: http://www.youtube.com/user/Alrecenk#p/a/u/2/TtviDnaQVmo

I'm not looking for a living wage. I just want a few coins on the side, and I don't expect you to pay upfront. I'd rather take the risk of working for nothing than lose potential employers for lack of trust. How many coins exactly will depend on what you want me to do. As for the exact type of work I'm looking for here are a few suggestions:

1) Implementing technical papers. I have a much stronger math background than the average software engineer. If you've found a technical or whitepaper that you need turned into code but it's giving you headaches I can likely help you out quickly and cheaply.

2) Optimizing algorithms. The realms of simulation, video processing, and AI can get pretty heavy, so I've gotten fairly adept at getting the most out of my RAM and CPU cycles. If you've got a complex bottleneck in your code I may be able to help.

3) Tutoring. I won't do your homework for you, but I do have degrees in computer science and mathematics with some experience working in the math tutorial lab at my previous school as well as lots of experience debugging freshman code :\. If you need help (in cs, math, or physics) with test prep, a summer class, or maybe you'd just like to learn about game design I can give some guidance for a bit coin or two.

4) Extensions on previous work or tutorials. If you like any of the games or tools you see on my website and you'd like me to improve them, add features for your use, or write tutorials explaining the techniques(Anyone want to know how to make a Minecraft-esque block game? ), I will do this for very cheap. They are my projects after all. You'd just be greasing the wheels a little.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: