Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:55:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Digital Credits seeks suggestions on burn targets from you! (Burn Details Here)  (Read 2536 times)
intristin (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Digital Credits

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 12:59:33 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2015, 05:19:48 PM by intristin

As many of you may or may not know a new coin launched last week that will utilize Proof of Burn as one of 3 distribution methods. Your welcome to read our announcement thread here to get more details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1249946.new#new

This thread was created to brainstorm with you the community on our first burn target. Now that Digital Credits has been listed on several exchanges and the open market is starting to determine it's value, it's time to select a target for the first burn which will be starting on the first of December. This burn will last 30 days which will allow you to mine the target and gather up all your coins to burn. We have a few ideas of our own but I wanted to invite all of you to submit suggestions on which coins you think we should target. Please remember to include a reason why you think your suggested coin is ripe for burning. You can post your suggestion in this thread or send it to me via a private message if you prefer. Thank you!

Some things to keep in mind when suggesting a coin:

1. Active nodes are important, there is no reason to bring completely dead coins back to life just to burn them.
2. We will not burn coins under active development no matter how dead they may seem.
3. Little to no trade volume, this rule is flexible if a coins trade volume is clearly pumping and dumping scams. (under 0.2 BTC weekly Average of normal volume)
4. Little to no Hash rate. (Meaning dead pools, no pools, slow transaction time do to little or slow block generation)

How Burns will Work :

We have found an Exchange Partner willing to host our December Burn. To burn our target coin you must simply do the following :

1. Register/Log into the exchange.
2. Deposit Target coins into your account.
3. Exchange them for Digital Credits at a set rate.

* Please not that these burns will not be like a normal listing, you can't set your own buy or sell orders. All you will be able to do is enter the amount you want to burn and click Sell. Your will receive Digital Credits at a set rate minus a 0.5% burn fee for your burned coins. The burn fee will be paid to the exchange, not to us, as compensation for hosting the burns. After that you can do whatever you want with your newly minted credits, trade them or withdraw them. Also, once the target price is set on day one of the burn it will not change. So if the value of Digital Credits goes up during the burn, your profit for exchanging them goes up. All burned cons will be destroyed, never to be spent again.

Be sure to visit our website here : http://dcredits.com/

BTC : 1mGWN5sXaTrWcfDt7zwq4o6R2LiJKKFGH | DGCS : DU1U2ocTUodyHJTgBLBMfSprjquFCUraf8
Digital Credits : http://dcredits.com
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 02:28:28 AM

With all due respect... I suggest you burn the whole idea of Digital Credits.
intristin (OP)

Digital Credits

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 02:45:52 AM

With all due respect... I suggest you burn the whole idea of Digital Credits.

I really appreciate the fact that you took the time to read and comment on this thread, it shows me you really care about the success of Digital Credits and the Proof of Burn concept. Thank you for your suggestion, I will bring it to the attention of my team during our next meeting and we will give it the consideration it rightly deserves. Have a great day CoinHoarder and thank you again for participating in the discussion.  Wink

BTC : 1mGWN5sXaTrWcfDt7zwq4o6R2LiJKKFGH | DGCS : DU1U2ocTUodyHJTgBLBMfSprjquFCUraf8
intristin (OP)

Digital Credits

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 05:45:22 AM

Last chance for suggestions guys. We have narrowed our internal list down to 6 possible targets. We will also be offering an exchange rate slightly above the target coins market value in an effort to encourage people to burn them. It is unlikely we will stray from the 6 candidates, but would like to hear your suggestions. 

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 06:14:13 AM

Digital Credits (DGCS) is a brand new digital cryptocurrency...

First they ignore you, then they fight you, then they copy you, then you win.

Yoobit and social currency as more apt concept of credits/codes/keys/tokens (exchangeable for micro-transaction services) to brand away from "coin" and "cash".

Problem is you don't have the scaling for micro-transactions, rather only some aspects of the marketing concepts I've been discussing in my thread.

Just a coincidence?

(exhibit some testicles and don't censor this message, rather just refute the premise)

intristin (OP)

Digital Credits

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 06:28:22 AM

What? LOL, I have no idea what your getting at! Can you elaborate on what your trying to say, I read the OP in the post you linked and I don't get it? I'm gathering your looking for a name for your coin, but I don't see what that has to do with Digital Credits.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 08:29:49 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2015, 08:40:17 AM by TPTB_need_war

intristin,

Just a coincidence?

No problem. Peace. I am not particularly interested in the names Yobit and Credits. But if someone tries to rip off my marketing insights, I will make it clear they don't have the original talent to follow through on all aspects.

Now on to the currency unit names...

Yoonit ... I don't think there is necessarily any benefit to it sounding like 'unit', so we could use Yoobit instead. In that case, in means "your bit" or "personal money". We want something slightly childish or cartoonish for the social media market. The Asians in particular endear cuteness and youth. If Ƀits is the main serious currency unit, then ¥ꙭbits is the personal ("you"), social context currency unit. Seems to work well conceptually, is one letter shorter than Coolbits, and has a more apropos meaning of "you" (personal, private, autonomous) than "cool" which applies more to the social acceptability and utility of the money (where it is useful in cool settings and applications).

yobits...

Disadvantages are lose the connection to Bitcoin, Younits can be pronounced "Yo", units and nits are less meaningful to normal people than bits.

Maybe we should entirely get away from the concept of bits? Yoonits is more brandable (defensible) than yoobits.

Yoobits, man that is good. Really like that name.

You (and I) liked this so much because we are Bitcoin aficionados and it adds pizzazz (and personal property) to bits (what ever in the hell bits are  Huh). Go back to 2008 and try on "yobutts" and it will mean about the same as "yobits" did. And "yo" was more likely interpretation than "yoo" given the popularity of rap culture...

I think we need to realize that microtransactions will end up being just credits of appreciation that are traded around. Users won't be counting these in terms of exchange value but rather in terms of the powers it enables.

Step away from your mindset as an investor and think about the person who is actually using sub-penny transactions. Are they thinking about the $0.00001? Hell no. Get a clue!

When you play a game, you earn credits to enable new powers and buy extra capabilities. Microtransactions are like that...

to get a "fun" name that people can use in social networking, e.g. 'vibes', 'zings', 'oomphs', 'pluses', 'options', 'tradables', 'swaps', 'merits', or 'credits'.

Perhaps "links"?  "Credits"?  "Points"?

In fact, even making this post makes me wonder if we should start calling our sub-units 'credits' as well.   Wink

I associate "credits" with debt creation, it does not appeal to me  Huh

Btw, I also don't like credits because I associate it with debt.

"chain credits", 'clicodes', 'cliqodes', 'klicodes', 'qliqode'.

intristin (OP)

Digital Credits

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 08:48:24 AM

intristin,

Just a coincidence?

No problem. Peace. I am not particularly interested in the names Yobit and Credits. But if someone tries to rip off my marketing insights, I will make it clear they don't have the original talent to follow through on all aspects.

Now on to the currency unit names...

Yoonit ... I don't think there is necessarily any benefit to it sounding like 'unit', so we could use Yoobit instead. In that case, in means "your bit" or "personal money". We want something slightly childish or cartoonish for the social media market. The Asians in particular endear cuteness and youth. If Ƀits is the main serious currency unit, then ¥ꙭbits is the personal ("you"), social context currency unit. Seems to work well conceptually, is one letter shorter than Coolbits, and has a more apropos meaning of "you" (personal, private, autonomous) than "cool" which applies more to the social acceptability and utility of the money (where it is useful in cool settings and applications).

yobits...

Disadvantages are lose the connection to Bitcoin, Younits can be pronounced "Yo", units and nits are less meaningful to normal people than bits.

Maybe we should entirely get away from the concept of bits? Yoonits is more brandable (defensible) than yoobits.

Yoobits, man that is good. Really like that name.

You (and I) liked this so much because we are Bitcoin aficionados and it adds pizzazz (and personal property) to bits (what ever in the hell bits are  Huh). Go back to 2008 and try on "yobutts" and it will mean about the same as "yobits" did. And "yo" was more likely interpretation than "yoo" given the popularity of rap culture...

I think we need to realize that microtransactions will end up being just credits of appreciation that are traded around. Users won't be counting these in terms of exchange value but rather in terms of the powers it enables.

Step away from your mindset as an investor and think about the person who is actually using sub-penny transactions. Are they thinking about the $0.00001? Hell no. Get a clue!

When you play a game, you earn credits to enable new powers and buy extra capabilities. Microtransactions are like that...

to get a "fun" name that people can use in social networking, e.g. 'vibes', 'zings', 'oomphs', 'pluses', 'options', 'tradables', 'swaps', 'merits', or 'credits'.

Perhaps "links"?  "Credits"?  "Points"?

In fact, even making this post makes me wonder if we should start calling our sub-units 'credits' as well.   Wink

I associate "credits" with debt creation, it does not appeal to me  Huh

Btw, I also don't like credits because I associate it with debt.

"chain credits", 'clicodes', 'cliqodes', 'klicodes', 'qliqode'.

OK, your spamming both my posts, so I will just repeat. Are you serious? Um, Ok, never heard of you dude, never read your thread. And going into other coins threads to accuse them of ripping you off is the worst marketing plan you could possibly have. The fact that your accusing me of ripping off such a terrible plan is a little offence, but whatever. I wish you luck with that. I'm not going to delete your posts because your basically working for the prosecution here, lol. Good luck on whatever it is your trying to do. And thank you for bumping my post. I'm guessing your a teenage boy by how you came at me, or your just drunk. But let me fill you in on something, you sound like a crazy person. Have a great day.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 09:22:53 AM

OK, your spamming both my posts, so I will just repeat.

I am not spamming but rather raising a legitimate concern for you to rebuke or admit. And I didn't make duplicate threads that requires someone to post in two threads. You did.

Are you serious?

No I am just writing here because I enjoy wasting my time  Huh Rhetorical much.

Um, Ok, never heard of you dude, never read your thread.

So you claim. And proof of who thought of the names first? Such as date of registration of domains, etc.. I didn't check, so proof may be easy for you to provide and then issue is closed.

And going into other coins threads to accuse them of ripping you off is the worst marketing plan you could possibly have.

I have no idea why you would assume my market plan has anything to do with asking you if it is a coincidence that I was discussing about 2 - 3 weeks ago the names you chose (for this coin you apparently just announced this week).

The fact that your accusing me of ripping off such a terrible plan is a little offence, but whatever.

If asking you about the strange coincidence and asking for some evidence that you thought of the names first is offensive to you, then I claim you do not seem to understand that the open source community does not condone plagiarism.

For example, I purchased the domain for ion.cash, but then later realized that Aeon existed in my subconscious before purchasing it, so to have a clear conscience and up hold open source community ethics, I donated the name to the Aeon project.

As I wrote above, I don't have a big claim on the names, but I just want to know if your name choices can be shown to be your own?

I wish you luck with that. I'm not going to delete your posts because your basically working for the prosecution here, lol. Good luck on whatever it is your trying to do. And thank you for bumping my post. I'm guessing your a teenage boy by how you came at me, or your just drunk. But let me fill you in on something, you sound like a crazy person. Have a great day.

I can not comprehend how you got from a legitimate inquiry to "he is a crazy, teenage boy". Seems you have some issues with discerning reality.

intristin (OP)

Digital Credits

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 09:33:40 AM

ok man, whatever you say. Good luck with your project. I do not need to prove anything to you. But feel free to continue crying.  Grin

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 10:12:38 AM

I do not need to prove anything to you.

Then why did you feel a need to delete my posts from your Announcement thread.

Transparency doesn't seem to be your strength.

ok man, whatever you say. Good luck with your project.

Ty. U2.

But feel free to continue crying.  Grin

Better to cherish my posts than delete them, as they will be the most important thing that ever happens with your coin.

Crying my ass. Whatever, lol.  Tongue

intristin (OP)

Digital Credits

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 10:45:24 AM

words mean nothing, if your coin is better, it will rise above mine. Lets see what happens.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 10:51:28 AM

Touché. Agreed.  Wink

intristin (OP)

Digital Credits

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 06:48:36 AM

Just a heads up guys, all the potential burn targets are available for purchase on Cryptsy. Also, if you don't want to buy burn coins you will have 30 days to mine them and trade them in for Digital Credits. We will be hosting block explorers, client downloads, and nodes for all targets during the burn to ensure they stay alive. Others will host mining pools for your convenience. All this information will be added to the OP on December 1.

Please note that in order to burn the coins for Digital Credits you will need a free account with our Burn Partner. More details about this will be released on December 1.  Cool

butcherboss

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 09:50:17 AM

As many of you may or may not know a new coin launched last week that will utilize Proof of Burn as one of 3 distribution methods. Your welcome to read our announcement thread here to get more details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1249946.new#new

This thread was created to brainstorm with you the community on our first burn target. Now that Digital Credits has been listed on several exchanges and the open market is starting to determine it's value, it's time to select a target for the first burn which will be starting on the first of December. This burn will last 30 days which will allow you to mine the target and gather up all your coins to burn. We have a few ideas of our own but I wanted to invite all of you to submit suggestions on which coins you think we should target. Please remember to include a reason why you think your suggested coin is ripe for burning. You can post your suggestion in this thread or send it to me via a private message if you prefer. Thank you!

1. Active nodes are important, there is no reason to bring completely dead coins back to life just to burn them.
2. We will not burn coins under active development no matter how dead they may seem.
3. Little to no trade volume, this rule is flexible if a coins trade volume is clearly pumping and dumping scams. (under 0.2 BTC weekly Average of normal volume)
4. Little to no Hash rate. (Meaning dead pools, no pools, slow transaction time do to little or slow block generation)

How Burns will Work :

We have found an Exchange Partner willing to host our December Burn. To burn our target coin you must simply do the following :

* Please not that these burns will not be like a normal listing, you can't set your own buy or sell orders. All you will be able to do is enter the amount you want to burn and click Sell. Your will receive Digital Credits at a set rate minus a 0.5% burn fee for your burned coins. The burn fee will be paid to the exchange, not to us, as compensation for hosting the burns. After that you can do whatever you want with your newly minted credits, trade them or withdraw them. Also, once the target price is set on day one of the burn it will not change. So if the value of Digital Credits goes up during the burn, your profit for exchanging them goes up. All burned cons will be destroyed, never to be spent again.

So how do we come to know which coin is it going to be so we can mine or stake it ?

intristin (OP)

Digital Credits

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 10:12:24 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2015, 10:25:56 AM by intristin

How Burns will Work :

So how do we come to know which coin is it going to be so we can mine or stake it ?

This information will be released on Dec 1 at 12:01am New York City time. Watch this thread and come back on the first. In the time being, mine or buy credits. The first burn will release around 5 million new Digital Credits into the world which will be backed by the market cap of the coins we destroy. DGCS is cheap right now, and the difficultly of mining is low. It would be smart to take advantage of that. This is the ground floor, and on DEC 1, the elevator will only go up. The success of Digital Credits rests on the success of the first burn. You can buy a ton of credits for a few bucks right now, or mine them will little competition. If the burns are successful, those few bucks could turn into a few hundred bucks, or a few thousand bucks. The upside is endless, the downside? You may loose a few bucks, and keep in mind, so will I. Good luck guys.

BARR_Official

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 01:33:45 PM

intristin,

Just a coincidence?

He claims he's been working on this coin for 6 months, but here is what it says at their website:

Follow the steps below to burn our targeted coins :

Step 1 : Sign up for a free account on BTCPool Exchange which is our Official Burn Partner.
Step 2 : Coming soon…

I don't blame you for getting the impression that he threw this together in 1 day, copied other people's ideas, and made the ANN before he even knew what he was going to do.

Maybe that's the wrong impression, but it's the impression he is giving.

And now he's in c-cex chat saying digital credits are already worth more than BARR...

BARR already has a marketcap of over $15,000, entirely from the value of coins we've burned in the past 2 weeks.  We've already accomplished real changes, while dcredits has a plan "coming soon".

Buying At Retail and Restaurants - BarrCryptocurrency.com
intristin (OP)

Digital Credits

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 01:47:20 PM

intristin,

Just a coincidence?

He claims he's been working on this coin for 6 months, but here is what it says at their website:
Follow the steps below to burn our targeted coins :

Step 1 : Sign up for a free account on BTCPool Exchange which is our Official Burn Partner.
Step 2 : Coming soon…
I don't blame you for getting the impression that he threw this together in 1 day, copied other people's ideas, and made the ANN before he even knew what he was going to do.

Maybe that's the wrong impression, but it's the impression he is giving.

And now he's in c-cex chat saying digital credits are already worth more than BARR...

BARR already has a marketcap of over $15,000, entirely from the value of coins we've burned in the past 2 weeks.  We've already accomplished real changes, while dcredits has a plan "coming soon".

You sound worried? By the way, thanks for the bump!

BARR_Official

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

"What does it matter if I'm a liar?"  -  DigitalCredits dev

Buying At Retail and Restaurants - BarrCryptocurrency.com
intristin (OP)

Digital Credits

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 02:14:35 PM

Ok, anyone with half a functioning brain cell will see that I was not admitting to what your implying. Dude, focus on your NXT asset if you want it to be successful. Attacking me will not make Barr successful, it only makes you look like a little child. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: