Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:47:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-11-11] Plutus: Contactless Payments The Bitcoin Way  (Read 4458 times)
Proxiebuier (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 06:58:36 AM

A new Bitcoin application is coming to the crypto-scene, and this concept is getting people pretty excited. We all want a world where we can spend our bitcoins, but there isn’t enough merchant acceptance. A new service called Plutus wants to change this problem by offering a digital currency platform that uses contactless technology through their wallet. The Plutus team says the service is easy saying:

“Simply deposit a small amount to your phone, and by the time you get to the store you will be able to spend it effortlessly.”   ~ Plutus

http://insidebitcoins.com/news/plutus-contactless-payments-the-bitcoin-way/35739

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RustyNomad

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 10:12:46 AM

They use existing infrastructure that lets Bitcoiners take hold of the many locations offering Tap & Pay solutions.

So essentially every merchant out there with a Tap & Pay setup becomes a 'bitcoin accepting merchant' without them even knowing it. So its basically the same as paying with a bitcoin debit card where it does not matter whether the merchant accepts bitcoin or not as they get paid in fiat as for any other transaction. Maybe this is the way to go to drive mass adoption of bitcoin. Instead of trying to get all merchants onboard use their existing technology in this way so they all indirectly become bitcoin merchants.

The key difference between Circle Pays NFC and Plutus is it uses a decentralized exchange for the trading. The Plutus spokesperson claims: “Plutus mitigates counterparty risk, improves liquidity, and has numerous other benefits. We wanted to make sure that users did not have to rely on us as a middleman.” 

I like this idea of having the transactions go through a decentralised exchange. Not sure if I understand it correctly but this should mean that you should be able to get the 'best' exchange rate each time when a transaction is made.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 10:58:22 AM

I like this idea of having the transactions go through a decentralised exchange. Not sure if I understand it correctly but this should mean that you should be able to get the 'best' exchange rate each time when a transaction is made.

It's possible that they're selling the BTC through the Liquid sidechain, which I believe is up and running as of a few weeks now. That would satisfy the description of "decentralised exchange", and makes alot of sense seeing as Liquid can be the only credible working decentralised exchange right now.

If this idea delivers the promises, I'd be all over it. Go Plutus.

Vires in numeris
PLUTUSit

Activity: 383
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 06:37:01 PM

They use existing infrastructure that lets Bitcoiners take hold of the many locations offering Tap & Pay solutions.

So essentially every merchant out there with a Tap & Pay setup becomes a 'bitcoin accepting merchant' without them even knowing it. So its basically the same as paying with a bitcoin debit card where it does not matter whether the merchant accepts bitcoin or not as they get paid in fiat as for any other transaction. Maybe this is the way to go to drive mass adoption of bitcoin. Instead of trying to get all merchants onboard use their existing technology in this way so they all indirectly become bitcoin merchants.

The key difference between Circle Pays NFC and Plutus is it uses a decentralized exchange for the trading. The Plutus spokesperson claims: “Plutus mitigates counterparty risk, improves liquidity, and has numerous other benefits. We wanted to make sure that users did not have to rely on us as a middleman.”  

It's possible that they're selling the BTC through the Liquid sidechain, which I believe is up and running as of a few weeks now. That would satisfy the description of "decentralised exchange", and makes alot of sense seeing as Liquid can be the only credible working decentralised exchange right now.

If this idea delivers the promises, I'd be all over it. Go Plutus.

Hi Guys, You can visit our recent Q&A on reddit, here you will find some useful answers on Plutus. https://redd.it/3sabrd

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 06:51:40 PM

This looks interesting. Thanks for posting!  Smiley

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
dustinfroe

Activity: 135
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 01:54:56 PM

Thanks indeed! This is absolutely brilliant. I have signed up for alpha, will report back. 
bamman

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 02:58:47 AM

Thanks indeed! This is absolutely brilliant. I have signed up for alpha, will report back. 

Are there any updates on Plutus yet?
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 11:52:34 AM

I await the inevitable regulatory pushback.

Better have all of those 'i's dotted.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
PLUTUSit

Activity: 383
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 01:53:23 PM

We absolutely do (we have a legal/compliance team with experience in this highly regulated industry), and we have even a former employee from VISA / BRAINTREE (paypal). Smiley

In other news: The Crowdsale has started http://getplutons.plutus.it
iambitcoin5

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 04:09:38 AM

We absolutely do (we have a legal/compliance team with experience in this highly regulated industry), and we have even a former employee from VISA / BRAINTREE (paypal). Smiley

In other news: The Crowdsale has started http://getplutons.plutus.it
Where's the official pre ann thread?

sibnia

Activity: 602
Merit: 322

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 10:48:50 AM

I do not see his Plutus in a purse, some tokens. What should I do???
justinc2014

Activity: 86

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2016, 02:03:36 AM

buy  plutons on etherdelta ethereum exchange.. https://etherdelta.github.io/#PLU- using chrome browser and metamask...
justinc2014

Activity: 86

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2016, 02:20:15 AM

plutons are now on bitsquare.io
Kaznachej123

Activity: 882
Merit: 548

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 07:01:45 PM

The service will be different Plutus? PEY.de of service - The most modern method of payment in your favorite places. Your phone is your wallet. Digitizing your bills and coins. Become independent of your bank!   https://pey.de
Kaznachej123

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 04:03:49 PM

Plutus Update — A Jump Forward Wink
   https://medium.com/@PlutusIT/plutus-update-a-jump-forward-aa38eef64b60#.wv9lfxm46
Kaznachej123

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 09:37:05 PM

Plutus is moving forward. Expect a PlutusDEX update in the near future. Here is our latest update thus far Wink
https://medium.com/@PlutusIT/plutus-update-a-jump-forward-aa38eef64b60#.tqexorcw4
Crypto Man

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2016, 09:40:19 PM

Slingshot from Orbit — The Future Vision of Plutus.it
After spending time on evaluating the recent Ethereum updates to ensure safe creation and distribution of Plutons, we are proud to announce that Plutons will be distributed on Monday 5th September 2016.
https://medium.com/@PlutusIT/slingshot-from-orbit-the-future-vision-of-plutus-it-cf7b69f827ef#.q5sus04ec
forensick

Activity: 376

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:23:14 PM

hello Plutus group, I am a holder for over half year. actually plutus is one of my few investments thats holding decently against the bitcoin. what are the plans for the future? when is the release of the product? marketing should be a very high priority as well since so few people know about this project.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: