Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:43:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crazy Calculator - Shows true reality  (Read 1360 times)
the_cryptostore (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 07:21:07 AM

This is a pretty cool processing fee calculator that shows the true impact Bitcoin can have on the world economy. https://thecryptostore.com/index.php?id_cms=20&controller=cms

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 07:34:11 AM

Ok, I get the point, but I don't think it is good to show money spend on transaction cryptocurrencies to show 0 usd all the time.

It should show bitcoin and actually the transaction fees that were send in the blocks (or maybe it does when a block is made, but I didn't look that long)
the_cryptostore (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 07:36:31 AM

Yes that is the one thing we are working on quantifying. Will post the updated version when complete.
metamorphin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 12:22:28 PM

Yes that is the one thing we are working on quantifying. Will post the updated version when complete.

It's possible to install these "clock" into a website?  Special in these one? http://www.europecoin.eu.org/
worhiper_-_

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 12:28:26 PM

The fees to transact cryptocurrency aren't zero, and if cryptocurrency use was widespread we would have been seeing quite a growing sum there.
metamorphin
Legendary

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 01:08:46 PM

The fees to transact cryptocurrency aren't zero, and if cryptocurrency use was widespread we would have been seeing quite a growing sum there.

Like he wrote...

The Cryptostore will work on it to give us an exact counter for this!
btcbug

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 06:27:00 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2015, 07:06:45 PM by btcbug

It's possible to install these "clock" into a website?

Would be neat to see a little widget version of this calculator that online stores could add on the bottom of their websites. It would display something like "We saved $X on transaction fees by accepting Bitcoin".
the_cryptostore (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 07:02:59 PM

It's possible to install these "clock" into a website? 

Would be neat to see a little widget version of this calculator that online stores could add on the bottom of their websites. It would display something like "We saved $X on transaction fees by accepting Bitcoin".
[/quote]

That's a great idea! We will look into doing that.
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 07:07:24 PM

This is a pretty cool processing fee calculator that shows the true impact Bitcoin can have on the world economy. https://thecryptostore.com/index.php?id_cms=20&controller=cms

The calculator is wrong.

It doesn't show time so it's impossible to understand scale. In the 1 minute i let it run there were $1.9M feels from our traditional monetary system and $0 from bitcoin.  I think that's completely wrong. Bitcoin ISN'T free. I get charged from Bit-x and Coinbase and others to make transactions. So this either shows how infrequently bitcoin is used (because the number for fees still says $0) or the numbers are wrong.

Also, what does pencils donated to city schools (now at 10,000,000 after 5 minutes, wtf?!), bottles of water donated, and people who could have been  sheltered, and villages fed have to do with bitcoin fees.

Why is the average American salary $0.14?

Forget this site, it's bullshit!

the_cryptostore (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 04:35:45 AM

The calculator is wrong.

It doesn't show time so it's impossible to understand scale. In the 1 minute i let it run there were $1.9M feels from our traditional monetary system and $0 from bitcoin.  I think that's completely wrong. Bitcoin ISN'T free. I get charged from Bit-x and Coinbase and others to make transactions. So this either shows how infrequently bitcoin is used (because the number for fees still says $0) or the numbers are wrong.

Also, what does pencils donated to city schools (now at 10,000,000 after 5 minutes, wtf?!), bottles of water donated, and people who could have been  sheltered, and villages fed have to do with bitcoin fees.

It is per second. The donations show what those funds from processing fees could have been put towards if spent on charitable causes. And as stated in a previous post we are working on the Bitcoin calculations.
Possum577

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 05:52:47 AM

The calculator is wrong.

It is per second. The donations show what those funds from processing fees could have been put towards if spent on charitable causes. And as stated in a previous post we are working on the Bitcoin calculations.

You should put a timer on the page so one know how much time has passed.

The charity count is cool, maybe you could add a label and the pencils number is weird. No one donates pencils...and it artificially makes that number super high because pencils are so cheap. Maybe make it relate to a charity that more people can relate to.

I'm surprised that your Bitcoin fees remain at zero. It's absolutely wrong. And at best it just shows how low and insignificant the bitcoin transaction volume is to the world's current economic system.

Thanks for clarifying. I take back the bullshit comment!

plost24

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 06:25:25 AM

FEES TO TRANSACT WITH CRYPTOCURRENCY is not 0$ maybe in coinbase or xapo have no fees if your transaction is higher than 0.001 but in other wallet they always have a fees in transaction so why the calculater don't give that information and the amount is blocked at 0$ and there is a donation in bitcoin too Wink and it bettre than pencils.

For rent 1.4 Bitcoin for 11 months starting Feb 1 2017
Sir_lagsalot

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 07:56:47 AM

Nice second thread. Trying to hide yourself from that "clickbait" Accusation? An Accusation is an accusation, id recommend not hiding from it.
metamorphin
Legendary

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 08:50:24 PM

FEES TO TRANSACT WITH CRYPTOCURRENCY is not 0$ maybe in coinbase or xapo have no fees if your transaction is higher than 0.001 but in other wallet they always have a fees in transaction so why the calculater don't give that information and the amount is blocked at 0$ and there is a donation in bitcoin too Wink and it bettre than pencils.

NO ONE read it exactly...they wrote that they will work on it!
mixan
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 11:02:21 PM

As soon as I see clickbait I avoided to click on this.
From the one's who did, what is think about exactly?
Is it related to bitcoin in the least?
Am not going to fall for this spam attempt here just out of curiosity would like to know what all this is about.

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
metamorphin
Legendary

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 11:05:38 PM

Am not going to fall for this spam attempt here just out of curiosity would like to know what all this is about.

spam?
Possum577

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 11:42:07 PM

It's a safe link. It's a counter. When you open it it starts calculating how much fees have been generated in all the fiat banking systems in the world and how much fees have been calculated in the bitcoin economy. There are some other comparison factors as well.

The bank fees grow to ridiculous amounts in seconds, insane amounts. A hundred million dollars in a minute (maybe). While the bitcoin number remains zero. The calculator is flawed. It's counting way too much in banking fees and not calculating any bitcoin fees.

(The OP and owner admits that he's still working through these items, he admits they're not correct, but he still thinks it's appropriate to release a calculator that can't calculate correctly.)

Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 11:46:10 PM

FEES TO TRANSACT WITH CRYPTOCURRENCY

$0

This isn't necessarily true.....
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 05:58:27 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2015, 03:51:20 PM by n2004al

I don't know from come come this kind of calculator but I know that every transaction with bitcoin need for sure a fee otherwise the miners will "forget" about that amount and you maybe will have it at your destination after 3-4 month. When with the fee taken from the banks (sometimes no and sometimes yes, for some destination no and for some others yes, for some kind of services no and for some others yes) your money will go at the destination from 1 to maximum 5 days.

I like bitcoin but we must tell the things as these are. Otherwise we will lie ourselves.
zodiac3011

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 03:48:36 PM

Fee to transact with cryptocurrency: 0? come on everyone knows that this isn't true and I think that this is just some kind of figures to encourage people to use cryptocurrencies
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: