Bitcoin Forum
August 19, 2024, 04:30:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Biggest bitcoin scams, sucker confessional  (Read 394 times)
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 02:59:13 PM

I decided to start this thread to help me with closure on my personal bitcoin I-am-a-sucker for getting scammed sins.

Gox:

Even though most of 2013 there were warnings about Gox, I still wanted to join the party regardless of the risks. So, I deposited money into Gox with a wire transfer in Oct 2013, I made the mistake of using my business checking account to transfer money to my personal Gox account. It got stuck in Gox processing hell for four months. The very day Gox notified me my funds were available Gox had stopped processing BTC withdrawals. I actually do believe I screwed up my transfer, but Gox did screw me in the end.

Spoofed mining web site:

I got sucked into the stupidity of mining and had been trolling mining websites regularly. A spoof site for a reasonable deal on a miner showed up in my late night bitcoin internet circle jerk and for a reason I still cannot fathom I paid that jackass spoof site my precious bitcoin so I could get a return 10 months later. Of course, 10 seconds after I sent him my bitcoin is when I asked myself it was a legit website, which of course it wasn't...... God help me.

Altcoins dreams:

In the past 24 months I have lost probably 20 Bitcoins to my pathetic alt coin dreams chasing scam coins to their ultimate bottom: Megacoin, Anon, Ethereum, Doge.

How I sleep at night:

I transferred BTC I bought locally into Gox in 2013 and doubled my BTC holding above the cash value I lost, I withdrew all my balance two months before the end. I consider myself so fortunate for pulling that off. I keep BTC off exchanges as much as possible now.
I did buy a miner that has paid itself in full and is paying me a little less than a bitcoin a month still. But I won't do it again. NEVER spend more than $100 in bitcoin when you are tired or drunk. NEVER.
I made 40 BTC on altcoins, I still think they are scams and I am done with them. One might rise up and challenge Bitcoin but the altcoin world is a septic pool of villains.

I am hoping this post provides me the closure I so desperately need. If you too would like to confess your stupid sucker crypto currency sins and lessons learned, feel free to do so.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: