Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:43:43 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinCorner: Now Crowdfunding on Seedrs  (Read 552 times)
CoinCornerMolly (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 03:39:55 PM

"CoinCorner, the British bitcoin and blockchain services company, announced today that it is looking to raise funds via an equity crowdfunding campaign on Seedrs.
The company is looking to raise £300,000 to accelerate the growth of their consumer-focused bitcoin exchange across Europe and further develop their blockchain App Store.
The campaign is now live (Thursday 12th November) for 60 days."

View our campaign on Seedrs: https://www.seedrs.com/coincorner1?promo_code=XNQHX980

More information:
Official press release: http://blog.coincorner.com/2015/11/leaders-in-bitcoin-and-blockchain.html

Smiley
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 04:01:43 PM

the whole fiat system was so corrupted its not surprising their is a new generation of investing originating alongside the crypto emergence

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 04:15:25 PM

im sorry but if u "dragon's den" your idea. here is what would be said.

Dragon:
"so 1% of £1mill of customer transactions is £10,000 net FEE income. my question to you is after 1 year you have made only £10k. with 6 employee's, what is your current financial status"

CoinCorner:
"well we paid out 6 employee's wages at an average £30k/year, so thats £180k wage spend. then their is the office, equipment and utility costs.. thats another £40k.. totalling £220k.. so take £10k income from the £220k outgoings and we are at about £210k debt"

dragon
"well i can see that you are in need of £300k to get out of debt and have some £90k surplus to expand. but tell me. how can you valuate your company at £4million, based solely on £10k income(before costs)"

CoinCorner:
"we hope to expand into europe and get 1million customers in a year"

dragon:
"ok 20,000 customers got you £10k. so a million customers gets you £100k.. of which you think we deserve only £6,710(6.71%) if we asked for that money before your own wages/office costs. because im pretty sure. that with £220,000 costs leaving you minus £120,000 we sure as hell wont see any return, if taken after costs."

another dragon:
"as investors we look to make profit within 3-5 years. which at 6.71% return, you would have to have received nearly £5mill in fee's or processed nearly £500million in customer transactions. can you actually see you scaling up from £10k fee's to £5mill fee's within 3 years"

third dragon:
"highlighting that 20k customers nets you £10k(before costs) that averages out to needing 10million customers to net you £5mill in fee's.. the simple question is. does the bitcoin UK/Europe community have 10million users to fill your earning requirements, as i dont think 1mill customers is enough"

and ill just leave it at that..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
ShetKid

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 04:30:24 PM

"CoinCorner, the British bitcoin and blockchain services company, announced today that it is looking to raise funds via an equity crowdfunding campaign on Seedrs.
The company is looking to raise £300,000 to accelerate the growth of their consumer-focused bitcoin exchange across Europe and further develop their blockchain App Store.
The campaign is now live (Thursday 12th November) for 60 days."

View our campaign on Seedrs: https://www.seedrs.com/coincorner1?promo_code=XNQHX980

More information:
Official press release: http://blog.coincorner.com/2015/11/leaders-in-bitcoin-and-blockchain.html

Smiley

Is it a return based investment or just investment for social cause ?

Either way I don't see any investor making back that 300,000 or more, specially when they ahve competition and any company can take them out.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 04:51:20 PM

Either way I don't see any investor making back that 300,000 or more, specially when they ahve competition and any company can take them out.

i agree.

though i have (sneakily: not revealed) seen some potential.. i just want to hear some key words from Coin corner to see that they have not just grabbed numbers out of the air, and instead have done the maths (i secretly done but not revealed) to show how they can manage it..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 05:01:37 PM

I have used their services few times and generally I am very satisfied. I was looking for a long time for a service that will let me buy bitcoins with my credit card without having to give my retina scan in order to do this. So yes, they are a good service.

About crowfunding I don't really care and I don't want to invest any. We all know how these things end unfortunately! My two cents..
CoinCornerMolly (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 08:38:58 PM

i agree.

though i have (sneakily: not revealed) seen some potential.. i just want to hear some key words from Coin corner to see that they have not just grabbed numbers out of the air, and instead have done the maths (i secretly done but not revealed) to show how they can manage it..

Hi franky1,

Answers below in bold Smiley

Dragon:
"so 1% of £1mill of customer transactions is £10,000 net FEE income. my question to you is after 1 year you have made only £10k. with 6 employee's, what is your current financial status"

CoinCorner:
"well we paid out 6 employee's wages at an average £30k/year, so thats £180k wage spend. then their is the office, equipment and utility costs.. thats another £40k.. totalling £220k.. so take £10k income from the £220k outgoings and we are at about £210k debt"

As seen in our video, we self funded the company with £50,000 from founders, we then gained Angel Investment of £150,000 from the co-founder of CostaBingo.com and BGO.com. We have no debt, thanks to the commitment of founders to work for a large portion the first 12 months salary free, enabling us to grow to the team we are today.

Dragon:
"well i can see that you are in need of £300k to get out of debt and have some £90k surplus to expand. but tell me. how can you valuate your company at £4million, based solely on £10k income(before costs)"

First, we need to get the numbers correct, it would be £300k to expand with as we have no debt. Secondly valuations for tech startups are infamously difficult, they can be based off traction, sweat equity, potential and more. The Bitcoin and Blockchain industry is a brand new exciting industry with the capabilities to disrupt not just the financial world, but a wide variety of industries. CoinCorner is looking to be a core part of the infrastructure for developers and entrepreneurs to build their idea's around via our API/App store. We of course appreciate the traditional way of valuing a company based off revenue and to some extent agree, but take in to account many tech startups aim for traction before utilizing the userbase with a full monetization plan. We did exactly this, we have monetization plans which is the key part and will be looking to expand on these as we grow.

CoinCorner:
"we hope to expand into europe and get 1million customers in a year"

We are expanding in to Europe and with the funding this will help accelerate our growth to an estimated 100,000 users within 12 months.

Dragon:
"ok 20,000 customers got you £10k. so a million customers gets you £100k.. of which you think we deserve only £6,710(6.71%) if we asked for that money before your own wages/office costs. because im pretty sure. that with £220,000 costs leaving you minus £120,000 we sure as hell wont see any return, if taken after costs."

Hold on Mr Dragon  Wink if 20,000 users gets us £10k, a million customers would be 50x not 10x, so it would gain us £500k.

Another dragon:
"as investors we look to make profit within 3-5 years. which at 6.71% return, you would have to have received nearly £5mill in fee's or processed nearly £500million in customer transactions. can you actually see you scaling up from £10k fee's to £5mill fee's within 3 years"

As mentioned previously and in our write up, we have multiple revenue streams to help monetize our userbase, which have not yet begun. With the alternate revenue streams a side, we have also done our calculations and we have a rough TAM of 44,000,000 people in the UK and Europe alone. As banking eases up and we continue to make it easier for people to access bitcoin we can easily see £500 million being transacted within 3-5 years.

Third dragon:
"highlighting that 20k customers nets you £10k(before costs) that averages out to needing 10million customers to net you £5mill in fee's.. the simple question is. does the bitcoin UK/Europe community have 10million users to fill your earning requirements, as i dont think 1mill customers is enough"

This has really already been answered with previous replies.
So Dragons our bank details are...  Wink

I hope this clarifies things - please feel free to ask if you have any more questions Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: