Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:04:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-11-12] KeepKey – Bitcoin Hardware Wallet Review  (Read 401 times)
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 06:16:07 PM

In the past year or so I’ve gotten to review two Bitcoin hardware wallets – TREZOR and Ledger. I’ve also matched them head to head and compared the differences, but today a new competitor has entered the arena. KeepKey is the latest crypto hardware wallet.

https://99bitcoins.com/keepkey-bitcoin-hardware-wallet-review/
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 11:20:21 PM

I'm content with my ledger. The price got me and it's easy to use, is run by trustworthy people. I'm surprised it isn't more popular. I guess people want to pay too much?
RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 04:48:25 AM

The KeepKey is very nice and all but my Trezor does its job just fine. It seems like KeepKey wants to be the Apple of hardware wallets. Double the price for the same functionality and a bit better aesthetics.

Would not mind having a KeepKey but if I have to buy another hardware wallet today it will be either another Trezor or maybe even one of the Ledger products. The thing I like most about the Ledgers is the fact that it's a 'one piece' wallet meaning no cables. adaptors etc..
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 06:55:42 AM

The KeepKey is very nice and all but my Trezor does its job just fine. It seems like KeepKey wants to be the Apple of hardware wallets. Double the price for the same functionality and a bit better aesthetics.

-snip-
That is how I generally fell about every hardware wallet. I don't know what makes them so expensive, electronic component used to build hardware wallet are not that expensive after all.
Unless you have serious number of coins you need to store I can't see a reason to use hardware wallets other than trying to be fancy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: