Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 01:49:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin reserve currency price - 2030  (Read 2841 times)
smiles (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 09:13:55 PM

If bitcoin became the world's 6th largest reserve currency in 2030, what would be it's price?

What would be it's price if that were true today?
mirana12345

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

PM me to buy traffic for your site!

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 09:26:12 PM

Regardless of it being a reserve currency or not , in 2030 it will most probably be rare thing to own even one fraction of a bitcoin, so value should be insane.
If it also becomes used as a reserve currency, there's no telling what price could reach, probably . I believe people already started hoarding for such cases.
If that happened now, we would be instantly on about 100k usd per bitcoin. Insane thought, right ?
montreal

Activity: 328
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 02:15:49 AM

I wouldn't put much weight in that "research"...just a well done media grab by magister advisors

DAEX ◄► RELIABLE CLEARING ECOSYSTEM ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ANNWHITEPAPERBOUNTY 
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 02:40:31 AM

Quite a lot. I do think that if they'd asked anyone other than Bitcoin business owners they might have arrived at a slightly different prediction.
marvinrouge

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 02:51:55 AM

With the numbers I found:

Canadian dollar reserves : 100Billion Us dollar value (fifth world currency)
Bitcoin in circulation : 5 Billion US dollar value

So if we do the math, it would make x20 for bitcoin, so you'd get a bitcoin value (only as a reserve currency) around $6600 (?) If I'm wrong please correct me
Dilla

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 03:35:41 AM

With the numbers I found:

Canadian dollar reserves : 100Billion Us dollar value (fifth world currency)
Bitcoin in circulation : 5 Billion US dollar value

So if we do the math, it would make x20 for bitcoin, so you'd get a bitcoin value (only as a reserve currency) around $6600 (?) If I'm wrong please correct me

Yes, but that's just its value as a reserve currency alone, it's value would be much higher including all of its applications.
FrostStick

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 03:37:28 AM

In 2030 there's probably about 9 billion + people in the world and there will only ever be 21 million bitcoins. So quite a lot obviously.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 07:32:29 AM

In 2030 there's probably about 9 billion + people in the world and there will only ever be 21 million bitcoins. So quite a lot obviously.

You'll be a mini whale if you have above a bitcoin to play with by then.

Will be interesting to see how the people will start behaving that are currently lurking and trying to earn scraps here Tongue
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 08:01:05 AM

If bitcoin became the world's 6th largest reserve currency in 2030, what would be it's price?

Questions with to many unknown things. First why 6th largest reserve currency and not 10th or 4th? Then 6th it is hard to be with its limited number of coins in existence. In today's situation I think that are more than 5 the countries with have much more money (in value) then the overall number of bitcoins (which can be arrived after about 120 years). As about the price of bitcoin have no way to make a prediction. Nor today and nor at 2030. No one can know its behavior and the behavior of every country in confront of it. The factors which can affect the price of bitcoin are unknown and have no possibility to find a methodology to find those or to predict the price of it. Everyone who guess something and give a figure it was without base and only to tell something about this. It is hard to predict (even for the near future) the price of the normal money which are centralized an managed by the Central Banks of every country because of the possible apparition of unknown factors. Not for bitcoin which is decentralized currency and without any control or management by some monetary Authority.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 09:47:51 AM

That's assuming all people on earth will use Bitcoin, which won't happen, by far not. But if we pretend it will become a reserve currency, we'll see the whole Bitcoin economy change. Every policy that we are now already struggling with will be way worse by that time.

Perhaps that the current exchanges will no longer be able to run its exchange in a legal way. Only banks may function as broker for buying and selling Bitcoin in the long future. They will surely tighten everything to a certain level that we can't have the freedom we currently have.
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 10:16:49 AM

Sure It will go to remarkable price in 2030 and I think all people in the world will be know what is BTC. It will move to 5 to 10k U.S. Dollars $ And If we save BTC till that time means you will become millionaire on that time. try to save it bro
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 11:48:59 AM

much less than that, remember the 1M satoshi coins, plus all the other coins that are lost, and i would count the satoshi coins as a lost too

so we are with 3M less probably, so 18M total coins, plus only a fraction are on the market, so in 2030, have even 0.1 would be very hard
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1358

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 12:30:19 PM

There is no real answer to this than guesses.
But my realistic thought, it will hit around $10.000 per bitcoin.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 12:50:21 PM

much less than that, remember the 1M satoshi coins, plus all the other coins that are lost, and i would count the satoshi coins as a lost too

so we are with 3M less probably, so 18M total coins, plus only a fraction are on the market, so in 2030, have even 0.1 would be very hard

Well if your prediction comes true, I will then be a whale! Smiley I have much more than 0.1, much much more!
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 12:51:03 PM

But if we pretend it will become a reserve currency, we'll see the whole Bitcoin economy change. Every policy that we are now already struggling with will be way worse by that time.

indeed. In that case it could take a banking license to buy/hodl/sell btc in the legit.

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 12:54:18 PM

That's assuming all people on earth will use Bitcoin, which won't happen, by far not. But if we pretend it will become a reserve currency, we'll see the whole Bitcoin economy change. Every policy that we are now already struggling with will be way worse by that time.

Perhaps that the current exchanges will no longer be able to run its exchange in a legal way. Only banks may function as broker for buying and selling Bitcoin in the long future. They will surely tighten everything to a certain level that we can't have the freedom we currently have.

There will be no bitcoin economy then, as everyone will hoard it. while hoping that it will take of from da moon and will sky rocket to Mars or whatever Cheesy.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 04:56:46 PM

It is a novel idea that bitcoin could become a reserve currency.
I believe this will never happen because current societies are nowadays all based on debt.
We will have to go back in time, to the point where our leaders said "f*ck gold and silver let's print".

I do believe that bitcoin will be a true store of value like gold and silver.
A way for corporations or people to store money without entrusting banks or other third parties.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 06:08:18 PM

By 2027, the newly released coins due the past halvings will be as low as it gets basically (because the following halvings after that, will keep increasing in minuscule amounts). Which means, around 2027-2030, the price should be higher than we can imagine now due brain conditioning.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 06:51:23 PM

Well if your prediction comes true, I will then be a whale! Smiley I have much more than 0.1, much much more!

I'm also calculating with round about 2-2,5 million lost coins. And if Bitcoin still exists around that time I believe we are not talking about bitcoins any more. It would be more like bits I guess. So yes that could make you a whale. Smiley
And the actual whales will be gigantic monsters. Cheesy
doublemore

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 01:07:23 PM

Depends what is happening with the countries at that point, for all we know we could be divided in 3 big country states at that point if we had some like world war 3.  Europe, America & The East.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: