Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 09:12:59 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2016, 09:45:03 PM by EURO_STACKA

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 11:12:20 AM

Doubt whether you will be able to get close to the actual number of bitcoin users as it is difficult to determine as you have no idea which addresses belong to which individual. You can end up with say 100 transactions which made use of say 80 different addresses but you will still have no idea how many actual users were involved in those transactions.

There are some stats in regards to the number of transactions available on this site https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/transactions-btc.html but there is no site, that I know off, that give a breakdown like what you are looking for.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 11:15:28 AM

Yeah I don't think you will be able to find this information out, one person could have multiple wallets and addresses, transactions as RustyNomad mentions would be something you can track but actual individual users I think would be near to impossible to gather together.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 3409

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 11:17:20 AM

This is also another one from blockchain itself which shows number of unique bitcoin addresses used per day, although it's not the exact stats that your after but it might be in the same range to the actual one : https://blockchain.info/charts/n-unique-addresses?timespan=60days&showDataPoints=false&daysAverageString=1&show_header=true&scale=0&address=  you can change the time frame from the options located below the chart

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 11:24:31 AM

Juniper Research estimates there were 1.3 million active bitcoin users last year, and there will be 4.7 million by 2019. However they want $5000 to read their report, so I can't say how they arrived at their estimated figures. I don't believe it's possible to calculate the number of active bitcoin users, but it's possible to guess/estimate the figure.

http://www.juniperresearch.com/researchstore/commerce-money/cryptocurrency/bitcoin-altcoin-impact-opportunities
Fityan

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 11:37:20 AM

I see and hear statistics all over the map. My question is how many active users are there currently? I am more interested in the amount of people who have bought or sold bitcoin in the last 3 months. Does anyone know where to find accurate stats?

I think,it more than 1 milion user,includ a corporation..
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 11:44:27 AM

it was said 3M as average, but this number was higher for sure when the price was higher also, now it's probably less because of the low price

i remember that doge brought many newbies to bitcoin, for sure there can't be less than 1M
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 11:57:54 AM

in comparison, Paypal has over 100 mil active users and a tinny payment processing company has at least 1 M-2 M active users (without media advertising, lobby and millions invested)

BTC was flooded with a lot of money and...nothing despite the fact that BTC has a lot of media on its side.
Of course, this media is paid by "someone". Smiley

1 mil active users in 5 years it shows that BTC is not so "big" as it is presented.
Videodrome

Activity: 588
Merit: 503

Free Julian Assange

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 11:59:53 AM

I see and hear statistics all over the map. My question is how many active users are there currently? I am more interested in the amount of people who have bought or sold bitcoin in the last 3 months. Does anyone know where to find accurate stats?

is this a troll?
iram66680

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 12:08:36 PM

No way to know it accurately. Everyone can have thousands of adjust and use them everyday so most stats are quite misleading. It is possible to find the trade volume, theres a thirty day stat at : https://bitcoinwisdom.com/.

Exchanges are unlikely to tell you how many people traded BTC anytime. People also do real life trades.

Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1358

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 12:23:41 PM

I am pretty sure there are over 1 million bitcoin users currently.
But I have no official data just general guess.
maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 12:49:15 PM

I have bought and sold bitcoins this month, but did not really pay for anything with Bitcoin. I feel most people are really Bitcoin investors, not Bitcoin users.

Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 12:53:16 PM

This will be always hard to answer so all of the analysts and predictions should be taken by a huge precaution.

I would say that there is anywhere between 1M - 2M users. I don't think there is more than this number and I sure as hell hope that is not less. Once again, this is very hard to know for sure!
TheGr33k

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 12:57:00 PM

This will be always hard to answer so all of the analysts and predictions should be taken by a huge precaution.

I would say that there is anywhere between 1M - 2M users. I don't think there is more than this number and I sure as hell hope that is not less. Once again, this is very hard to know for sure!
Was thinking the same amount. Maybe more.
teilwalL05

Activity: 980

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 01:22:50 PM

I think you will never know the exact number of user of bitcoin, but you can always rely on surveys but not the exact number because bitcoin user tend to be anonymous and do not control by our government so they can't make a statistics about the number and who is active and not in the bitcoin world.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 01:27:27 PM

exchanges are the closest to finding an answer to your question. but they don't share that kind of information with the outside world. other than that there isn't a good method to find it out.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 01:28:48 PM

There is problem when it comes to estimate number of users of bitcoin. We don't have measure to properly count concurrent users of Bitcoin.
Our only sure method is to look into blockchain and the nature of that database is ambiguous. I can tell you for sure that there is no more than 5 million of BTC users right now.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 01:42:58 PM

It should be possible using taint analysis or something to link certain addresses to the users if they use more than 1 account?

Anyway, it will always be difficult to determine to the lack of centralized services.
yenxz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 01:49:47 PM

its difficult to count,bitcoin is not decentralize,maybe with any statistic in every country,it will be possible.. in my country may be 200k users i think
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 01:53:50 PM

People try to know this exchange accounts and the rotation of money in the blockchain, but that's not going anywhere.
It's also a problem because we'll never know if the user base is increasing or decreasing unless there's a major occurrence.

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: