Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:12:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ya know why BTC is back in a bull trend?  (Read 1458 times)
MatTheCat (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 11:00:26 AM

Ya know why BTC is back in a primary bull trend?

Cos there are just so many damn bears on this forum sub section!

Back in the day, when Bitcoin first entered it's post 2013 bubble bear market, I could count the amount of bears on here with the fingers on my hands. It was all bulls, and half my bearish posts would get desperately unoriginal (and not to mention sick) meme replies, of bears being getting the brains blown out and such. Back in early 2014, this place was all bulls. Now it is all bears.

That to me, is a contrarian indicator and a half.

Almost as surefire as this one (Bitcoin teetering at $350, with blatant manipulation 2K Bid Wall on Finex, and the JimboToronto shows up and gives BTC the kiss of death)

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 12:17:47 PM

Back in the day, when Bitcoin first entered it's post 2013 bubble bear market, I could count the amount of bears on here with the fingers on my hands. It was all bulls, and half my bearish posts would get desperately unoriginal (and not to mention sick) meme replies, of bears being getting the brains blown out and such. Back in early 2014, this place was all bulls. Now it is all bears.

Almost as surefire as this one (Bitcoin teetering at $350, with blatant manipulation 2K Bid Wall on Finex, and the JimboToronto shows up and gives BTC the kiss of death)

No, I dont think this forum has much at all to do with btc price.  Most people on here hold very little, if any btc.

Clearly the only way for the price to rise and then fall $100+ in a 24 hour span is from, most likely, whale activity.  Clearly if this was a massive deman increase from say China, we wouldn't be already back down to the $330 level
MatTheCat (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 12:46:09 PM

No, I dont think this forum has much at all to do with btc price.  Most people on here hold very little, if any btc.

Clearly the only way for the price to rise and then fall $100+ in a 24 hour span is from, most likely, whale activity.  Clearly if this was a massive deman increase from say China, we wouldn't be already back down to the $330 level

I am not saying that members of this forum dictate the BTC price, I am saying that the market makers will always turn against mass sentiment, as the mass sentiment reaches critical peaks/troughs, so 'euphoria' or 'despair'. In markets, the outlook of the majority, is always wrong. That is how the whales and the sharks feed themselves.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 01:38:36 PM

even bears like bitcoin. they just act like they hate it, or at least don't think it's worth our time and efforts. they say that because; they want to make you sell to be able to buy back the coins they sold, or they are just trying to accumulate as many coins as possible and try to do that as long as possible. for that they need the price to stay low for quite a long period.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 01:49:20 PM

I think I get your point. When trend is bullish, the bears scream how it is going to crash to give them more buy opportunities.

The other way around, the bulls are yelling to give them more sell opportunities.

Might be a little to simple representation, but I general I guess it is very true
maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 02:22:54 PM

In reading this forum, I have found that most people are optimistic about Bitcoin and a big price raise, not so many bearish people.

I really hope it raises though. Got caught in some buys above 440 $ and know I am in loses LOL.

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 02:42:47 PM

In reading this forum, I have found that most people are optimistic about Bitcoin and a big price raise, not so many bearish people.

I really hope it raises though. Got caught in some buys above 440 $ and know I am in loses LOL.

As long as you don't sell you haven't lost anything.Furthermore it's important how long you planned to stay with Bitcoin.If you are in for the long haul I wouldn't worry that much because short term swings are not important for you.
If you are in for a quick buck, well the situtation looks different.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 03:08:23 PM

Bull market? 

Yeah well let's break up above 375 and then above 400 (all on massively rising volume) before we even start talking about a bull market.  This would have to happen within the next 2 weeks to confirm.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing it head the other way.  Just sayin'.
MF Doom

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 03:35:16 PM

my other point is that the overall sentiment on this forum seems to remain super-bullish, no matter what the price trend.  Yet, (aside from a few temporary jumps like last week) we remain bearish.  I just think that the few whales who I think are affecting the price act independently of anything that is said on this forum.
target
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1041

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 03:39:16 PM

I'm no expert but the way i see it is that the market will always do whatever the market will do.
so if you hold your coins yet you don't know why, go short. Smiley

BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 03:55:45 PM

Bitcoin is in a bull market as price is above 200 week simple moving average

You may not believe in technical analysis but traders who move the market do. Works either way.

HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 03:58:34 PM

my other point is that the overall sentiment on this forum seems to remain super-bullish, no matter what the price trend.  Yet, (aside from a few temporary jumps like last week) we remain bearish.  I just think that the few whales who I think are affecting the price act independently of anything that is said on this forum.

The number of people posting could be a better sentiment indicator than the nature of the posts they make. Before the pump to 500 there were very few of the regulars left posting, and considerably less posts on the forum overall. Once the pump started users who had been inactive for months started posting prolifically.

Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 04:22:39 PM

my other point is that the overall sentiment on this forum seems to remain super-bullish, no matter what the price trend.  Yet, (aside from a few temporary jumps like last week) we remain bearish.  I just think that the few whales who I think are affecting the price act independently of anything that is said on this forum.

The number of people posting could be a better sentiment indicator than the nature of the posts they make. Before the pump to 500 there were very few of the regulars left posting, and considerably less posts on the forum overall. Once the pump started users who had been inactive for months started posting prolifically.

I concur. I've been away for a few months and didn't care about my bitcoins. Lately I checked up on bitcoin and joy to my eyes it's going bullish again.
I believe that many early investors will return to the scene to watch their investment.

Anyway I see my bitcoins as a long term investment and will probably leave them for 5 more years unless they hit the 10k plus so I can buy a house with them ;-).

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 04:38:18 PM

Yes they are but that doesn't mean the price will go up and im sure 90% of them would just sell if the price happened to go down by 100$ today so yea..
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 04:41:12 PM

my other point is that the overall sentiment on this forum seems to remain super-bullish, no matter what the price trend.  Yet, (aside from a few temporary jumps like last week) we remain bearish.  I just think that the few whales who I think are affecting the price act independently of anything that is said on this forum.

I concur. I've been away for a few months and didn't care about my bitcoins. Lately I checked up on bitcoin and joy to my eyes it's going bullish again.
I believe that many early investors will return to the scene to watch their investment.

Anyway I see my bitcoins as a long term investment and will probably leave them for 5 more years unless they hit the 10k plus so I can buy a house with them ;-).

check this for the fresh insight:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1248717.0
ArpFlush

Activity: 623

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 05:39:09 PM

Got caught in some buys above 440 $ and know I am in loses LOL.
It's dangerous to buy in a steep uptrend, better to accumulate when the sea is calm. I have to admit I learned it the hard way too  Wink

"Panic Selling is not an Investment Strategy"
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 06:00:47 PM

It's dangerous to buy in a steep uptrend, better to accumulate when the sea is calm. I have to admit I learned it the hard way too  Wink

Haha, I think everybody knows that feeling unfortunately.. I had to resist my urges quite badly not to buy a bit extra around 400... My highest buy in the pump was around current prices, so I guess I stopped at the right moment Smiley

Funny indeed how there is more opportunity to make money when things look dead in the water, but people only start to try to accumulate when the wind is blowing like mad.
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 06:37:44 PM

This forum might have been a large part of the market in 2011. Today I seriously doubt if 1% of trading activity is done by people who even know of this sub-forum
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 07:31:11 PM

well it depend of your target, if you were only ready to sell at 1k, why it should bother you that you bought at 440 now, even if there was a dump

it's all about a pre-planning if you have one, you feel more secure
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 08:07:56 PM

Haha, I think everybody knows that feeling unfortunately.. I had to resist my urges quite badly not to buy a bit extra around 400... My highest buy in the pump was around current prices, so I guess I stopped at the right moment Smiley

Funny indeed how there is more opportunity to make money when things look dead in the water, but people only start to try to accumulate when the wind is blowing like mad.

Everyone has these moments. When the price rises I get a sudden urge to buy, no matter what the price is. In the same way I get an urge to sell when everyone is selling.

But yes, this is just a human nature and a sure way to lose money. You actually need to do completely opposite to make money. Buy when everyone is selling and sell when everyone is buying. This is much harder to do than to say though!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: