Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:45:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Core version 0.11.2 released  (Read 18782 times)
Smita

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 06:00:34 PM

do you guys advice me to upgrade to 0.11.2 or should i stick to 0.10.2 ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 06:04:34 PM

Upgrade if not to 0.11.2 at least to 0.10.3 -> https://bitcoin.org/bin/bitcoin-core-0.10.3/

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 12:21:28 PM

I don't know how it's working for everybody else, but this new version is absolutely fantastic for me at least. Everything is loading up a lot faster so I don't have to worry about restarting my PC and having to wait forever for the blocks to verify or the wallet crashing while it's verifying if I'm doing something else.

Good work devs! Now let's hope you can solve the blocksize problem as well and give the central bankers a kick in the crotch!
bitstampclone

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 01:08:24 PM

Great to hear this latest bitcoin core version. Definitely this new version make some best advantage while comparing with older version.
Laviathon

Activity: 481
Merit: 264

BCMonster.com BTC ZEN HUSH KMD ARRR VRSC ACH RFOX

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 02:32:40 PM

So far 0.11.2 has been bullet proof for me.  After running it for a month or so now I have had 0 crashes.  What everyone else is saying is absolutely true also, loads so much quicker.

BCMonster.com BTC, KMD, ZEN, HUSH, RFox, ARRR, ACH, VRSC <cpu> -   /  Easy Live Dashboards   / Looking for Miners! Join our Discord
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 05:20:35 PM

I have had a couple crashes with 0.11.2, twice now I have had to rebuild the entire block chain.  I wish there was some way it could isolate just "the bad part" of the chain when a crash happens rather than taking a week to resync the whole thing.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 06:42:32 AM

Updated both a Windows and Linux Mint installation to 0.11.2 and both are working great so far. Had to move the block-chain folder off the SSD boot drives to 1 TB spinners I added on both machines as well. I am trying to be proactive to get in front of the growth seeing how it has jumped in the past few months.
MAX99

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 04:42:53 PM

How to upgrade to 0.11.2?

I'm running ubuntu and have following the instructions here https://launchpad.net/~bitcoin/+archive/ubuntu/bitcoin.

However when I restart the bitcoin core application I'm still at the older version.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 06:01:41 PM

How to upgrade to 0.11.2?

I'm running ubuntu and have following the instructions here https://launchpad.net/~bitcoin/+archive/ubuntu/bitcoin.

However when I restart the bitcoin core application I'm still at the older version.

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

should do it.

MAX99

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 01:28:00 PM

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

should do it.

I ran both commands but unfortunately I'm still at the old version, when I start bitcoin core it still says I'm on 10.2
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2016, 01:41:10 PM

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

should do it.

I ran both commands but unfortunately I'm still at the old version, when I start bitcoin core it still says I'm on 10.2

What does

Code:
cat /etc/apt/sources.list

show?

mjp80

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 04:44:53 PM

I am new user here and don't understand about it what is the use of this software can anyone tell me in simple explanation about it ?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2016, 04:57:09 PM

I am new user here and don't understand about it what is the use of this software can anyone tell me in simple explanation about it ?

Bitcoin core is the reference implementation for bitcoin. Its the software that makes bitcoin possible as it provides the network for transactions and blocks.

Mikestang
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 10:43:46 PM

I have had a couple crashes with 0.11.2, twice now I have had to rebuild the entire block chain.  I wish there was some way it could isolate just "the bad part" of the chain when a crash happens rather than taking a week to resync the whole thing.
My core finally finished resyninc on Friday, again, and then it crashed this morning and now has to resync... again!  Holy crap this is frustrating.  All 50gigs of the block chain cannot be corrupted, I don't understand why the software can't just replace the bad piece of data rather than having to sync the whole chain...
saturn643

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 12:09:09 AM

My core finally finished resyninc on Friday, again, and then it crashed this morning and now has to resync... again!  Holy crap this is frustrating.  All 50gigs of the block chain cannot be corrupted, I don't understand why the software can't just replace the bad piece of data rather than having to sync the whole chain...
Because it doesn't know where the bad piece of data is. The crash makes it unable to read the database, and since it can't read the database, it has to rebuild the whole thing.
Mikestang
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 08:47:31 PM

Because it doesn't know where the bad piece of data is. The crash makes it unable to read the database, and since it can't read the database, it has to rebuild the whole thing.
And that's my complaint, it should be able to pin down the error to a specific block or something.  Having 1 small error corrupt 50 gigs of data requiring it to all be downloaded again is terrible design, there should be a better way to code it.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 05:14:29 AM

And that's my complaint, it should be able to pin down the error to a specific block or something.  Having 1 small error corrupt 50 gigs of data requiring it to all be downloaded again is terrible design, there should be a better way to code it.

Its not the 50GB that are corrupted and you dont need to redownload anything.

Mikestang
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 06:47:56 PM

Uh, what?  Once the blockchain is corrupt core has to redownload the whole thing again.  I actually have to delete everything in my bitcoin folder or core simply crashes right away again.  Provide some explanation for your statement, please.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 07:10:44 PM

Uh, what?  Once the blockchain is corrupt core has to redownload the whole thing again.  I actually have to delete everything in my bitcoin folder or core simply crashes right away again.  Provide some explanation for your statement, please.

Its more common that not the actual block files are corrupted but rather the database. If the blockfiles are corrupted you can usually delete the file in question to avoid redownloading everything. Which file is corrupted can be found in the debug.log. At least thats the overal experience from users reporting in tech support, its certainly possible that your case is different, but I guess you just deleted all files without trying other options first.

Mikestang
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 07:41:19 PM

Its more common that not the actual block files are corrupted but rather the database. If the blockfiles are corrupted you can usually delete the file in question to avoid redownloading everything. Which file is corrupted can be found in the debug.log. At least thats the overal experience from users reporting in tech support, its certainly possible that your case is different, but I guess you just deleted all files without trying other options first.

Thanks for the additional explanation, I didn't know the debug.log would show the corrupted file.  When core crashes on me there is no indication in the log at all what happened, it always looks like the program is running fine if you just looked at the debug log, but next time corruption strikes I'll try your method, thanks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: