Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:43:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Security risks with using Windows 10  (Read 5232 times)
MaxTax

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 01:10:50 PM

You can use windows 10 and put your wallet on there if you want

Just don't connect it to the internet is the safest way
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fastdice.com

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Worlds fastest Dice Game - http://fastdice.com

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2015, 01:16:10 PM

I would recommend with sticking to Windows 8 before upgrading to Windows 10.

If you are worrying about security risks, and know that there is security risks - then don't make the jump. Don't put yourself in a situation where something may happen. Stick with Windows 8.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 01:20:15 PM

I am looking to upgrade to a new computer with Windows 10 but i have head that Windows 10 has some privacy issues which can be security risks to bitcoin wallets on Windows 10 devices. What exactly are those issues and what risks do they pose to bitcoiners using Windows 10?

It is always wise to wait a bit with any update. I always do specially with something as influential as operating system. Leave it half year, so they get enough feedback and make it as it should be done.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 02:57:53 PM

You can use windows 10 and put your wallet on there if you want

Just don't connect it to the internet is the safest way

and then how you are supposed to spend your bitcoin? using a whole computer as a back up or cold storage it's a waste of money, there are usb for that...
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 05:31:02 PM

I will continue using my windows 7 as long as possible.I no need to switch over to w10.
Until lately I was running another netbook with windows xp.But now without any new drivers and lack of security I switched here to win7 as well.
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 06:55:33 PM

Bwahahhahaa!!!

If you haven't figured it out by now:  don't use proprietary software ever again!!!!  Thank me later.  

Yes that means any of these handcuff systems like windows or mac that are designed to make computers unusable.  

Seriously, grace period is over.  Use a real general purpose computer -- today.  
Yeah but the problem is if you work in the audiovisual industry.

All windows programs are simply superior... there isn't really any Sony Vegas substitute for linux unfortunately, same goes for Pro-Tools, so in that case you are stuck with Windows, no other way out.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 07:09:37 PM

All new windows from Windows 8 8.1 10 all of them have keyloggers, they can even see you from your webcam, get your voice etc, everything is going to be based on cloud, and also the last version (Windows 10) is impossible to disable updates in the regular way.

What do you mean? Keyloggers from microsoft? It's not impossible to disable updates by the way. Do you actually have any evidence of what you are saying here? As previously said they will be able to access your personal data if needed but I doubt they are spying your webcam right now.

Your friend is google, and that is right windows 10 has keylogger which monitors what do you do, what do you write and all other things that i mentioned in the above post.
Do you have clear evidence about that ? eg name keylogger program or something who can prove that it is valid ?

If you don't have it is simply a nonsense or lies. Tongue

Why don't you google yourself, is google available in your browser? "does windows 10 has keylogger" http://www.zdnet.com/article/does-windows-10-really-include-a-keylogger-spoiler-no/ etc etc
coinhelper

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 07:12:33 PM

I am looking to upgrade to a new computer with Windows 10 but i have head that Windows 10 has some privacy issues which can be security risks to bitcoin wallets on Windows 10 devices. What exactly are those issues and what risks do they pose to bitcoiners using Windows 10?

I heard somewhere that Microsoft uses data from windows 10 and sells it onto other people. There was also a large bug found on the insider program regarding upgrades, three days before the official release of Windows 10. Windows 7 still seems to remain the best Windows operating system according to polls that have been carried out.
n691309
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 07:13:55 PM

I heard somewhere that Microsoft uses data from windows 10 and sells it onto other people. There was also a large bug found on the insider program regarding upgrades, three days before the official release of Windows 10. Windows 7 still seems to remain the best Windows operating system according to polls that have been carried out.

What is called when someone collects your data, keyboard, camera and microphone? Is it called keylogger right?
coinhelper

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 07:18:44 PM

What is called when someone collects your data, keyboard, camera and microphone? Is it called keylogger right?

Isn't that the most basic type of virus that someone an create, most people probably think of this when they think about computer viruses. This means that Microsoft have basically encorperated a virus into their system, No wonder it is free for a year, gets everyone to hurry to upgrade and allows microsoft to et more information!
n691309
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 07:23:27 PM

Isn't that the most basic type of virus that someone an create, most people probably think of this when they think about computer viruses. This means that Microsoft have basically encorperated a virus into their system, No wonder it is free for a year, gets everyone to hurry to upgrade and allows microsoft to et more information!

You should understand and research yourself and wonder why is it free? This is what i read for many months now and this fact is unfortunately true Sad
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 07:23:46 PM

use zemana for this, it hides your keystroke, it will be harder for the keylogger if it is not a super keylogger or whatever, to identify your typing
Digit-0

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

in the end, you only find the beginning

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 07:28:53 PM

use zemana for this, it hides your keystroke, it will be harder for the keylogger if it is not a super keylogger or whatever, to identify your typing

Not a bad software, i heard about it and what i read are all good opinions, but the problem here is that people should not need to use it....

Security risks with using Windows 10, all of them IMHO, after i read all i had read about his last windows i'm really considering to going 100% linux when they stop releasing updates for my current window version.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 07:32:29 PM

Not a bad software, i heard about it and what i read are all good opinions, but the problem here is that people should not need to use it....

Security risks with using Windows 10, all of them IMHO, after i read all i had read about his last windows i'm really considering to going 100% linux when they stop releasing updates for my current window version.

well i was talking about the free version of zemana, it's already powerful enough for what you need, so why not use it? i think it has saved my ass a few times
coinhelper

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 07:42:02 PM

What is the website for that service? I don't want to click on the wrong link on a google search an end up with a keylogger! Also, I have NIS installed (norton internet security) will that stop zemana from running and quarenteen it until I remember that it needs to be brought back!
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 11:48:02 AM

What is the website for that service? I don't want to click on the wrong link on a google search an end up with a keylogger! Also, I have NIS installed (norton internet security) will that stop zemana from running and quarenteen it until I remember that it needs to be brought back!

it's 100% legit, i'm running it since years and my coins are safe

https://www.zemana.com/
peta4e

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 11:55:12 AM
Last edit: November 17, 2015, 12:43:43 PM by peta4e

I am glad to see so many of you suggest transition to Linux.

For those of you whom still consider it - just jump into the void and enjoy your trip.
All of a sudden you will become the one in charge - the master of your system.

I personally did this 10 years ago never regret it since and feel happy every time I think about it.

Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 01:02:19 PM

I vouch for Zemana as well. I have been using it for years and even their free version of the keylogger is working very well and offers great protection!
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 01:33:05 PM

Very nice! I'm definitely gonna check zemana out.

Does it prevent windows 10 from logging your activities? Seems kind of impossible.
funkenstein
Legendary

Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2015, 01:36:16 PM

I vouch for Zemana as well. I have been using it for years and even their free version of the keylogger is working very well and offers great protection!

Bwahahahahaa!!!!!  

lmao, you guys are killing me, stop stop !

throw some more pwnage on top of your stack of actively used exploits on a box that was never yours, you'll be fine really!  
don't worry, my closed source blob for you to execute will keep your bitcoins safe, look here's a picture of a woman!  

"Give me control over a coin's checkpoints and I care not who mines its blocks."
http://vtscc.org  http://woodcoin.info
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: