Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:53:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Entertaining the idea of selling my Ollandoc hollow body guitar  (Read 573 times)
phishead (OP)

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 09:02:53 PM

Just seeing if there were any people on here would be interested in purchasing an "Ollandoc" full hollow body electric guitar. These are produced by Robert M. Olson, a guitar maker out in Arkansas. This is a well done replica of a very famous guitar, the Languedoc, which was made famous by the guitar player for the band Phish, Trey Anastasio. To my knowledge, Paul Languedoc doesn't make these guitars anymore for just anyone who wants to purchase them, and his guitars get extremely pricey. Comes with Seymour Duncan pickups and plays wonderfully, I'm just thinking about getting a better acoustic guitar instead of keeping this one. Also comes with a hard shell case for it, and you would have to pay for shipping on top of what we agree on the price. If you'd like to make an offer feel free to shoot me a PM or post in the thread. Escrow is definitely encouraged.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2015, 05:11:33 AM
Last edit: November 17, 2015, 05:40:03 AM by phishead

bumping with more info:

- Neck has 24 frets with a 25 1/2 scale length
- Seymour Duncan Humbucker pickups
- Spalted Maple veneer body
- Neck board is made out of ebony
- Pick up mini toggle switch for each pick up (Series/Split coil); as well as the main 3-way pickup toggle switch
- Volume and tone control knob

Like I stated before I definitely encourage the use of an escrow, and only accepting payment in bitcoin (no paypal or any other funny business type of transactions).  
phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2015, 11:12:18 PM

No other guitar players here?? I have couple more really cheap ones if anyone is interested... Bump.
innerchaos

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 03:48:04 PM

I would bet the pictures do not do it any justice.. I imagine that wood looks awesome in real life.

I wish I knew how to play. always have been jealous of those that could play
phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 12:42:10 AM

I would bet the pictures do not do it any justice.. I imagine that wood looks awesome in real life.

I wish I knew how to play. always have been jealous of those that could play

Oh yeah, I remember feeling that way and felt like there is no way to ever learn to actually start playing for fun and not seem like it was all memorization of some mundane chords. But there are definitely easy ways to learn improv and guitar theory online for free and I mainly learned from this one site:

Justinguitar.com

All the stuff you need to know how to really play are on there and is (almost) all free... I know this is completely off topic from trying to sell the guitar, but figured some people including you might like this site if your interested learning. I'm not associated with the site, but the guy who posted the information on his site lays it out very nicely.

Also, yeah the wood in real life is insane and the guitar is well made. Last time I checked before purchasing this guitar the beginning of 2014, there were some people reviewing the guitar on YouTube, and they pretty much say the same thing. Hearing it play over video and looking at pictures won't do it any justice. The tone on this guitar is nuts, I'm just about to move soon and won't have my friends (band mates) to play with any more. So I find my self wanting to buy a good American made acoustic to play with so I can enjoy playing by myself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: