Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:24:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-11-13] Interview with the founder of Bitwage  (Read 233 times)
themerkle (OP)

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 02:02:51 AM

Bitwage is a service founded in 2013 which allows customers to receive all or part of their payroll in Bitcoin. Any Bitwage user around the world can have his/her monthly wage – or at least a part of it, depending on your preference – converted to Bitcoin automatically. The best part is, it is all automated so you don’t have to do any extra work. Below are a few questions we asked Jonathan Chester, founder and president of Bitwage:

When and what inspired you to come up with the idea for bitwage?

The idea for Bitwage came about in late 2013.  I previously used to work for Oracle in Sales, leading the open source support inside sales division in Kansas and Iowa, and was looking into new technologies and trends.  It was around August of 2013 that I first started seriously looking into Bitcoin.  It was fascinating.  I was absorbed by the potential to provide financial services to the $2.5bn unbanked while also working with a far more efficient payment system.  After about a month of digging in, I had become “that bitcoin guy” at work.  Turns out there was another “that bitcoin guy”, my co-founder, John Lindsay.  We got together and started thinking about what was missing in the bitcoin ecosystem.  John realized that no one was doing anything in the payroll space, a large area in the financial industry, and so we decided to be the first movers.  We first released our bitcoin payroll for employers product in July of 2014.  Then in November, we released our Bitcoin Payroll for Individual product, which allows anyone to receive any percentage of their wages in bitcoin without their employers signing up.  Then in February of 2015, we released our first end to end international payroll solution, from the US to the Philippines.  We now have payouts in Brazil, Mexico and Europe and well.

Read More: http://themerkle.com/interviews/interview-with-founder-of-bitwage/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: