Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:14:57 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin at ATH. Reached 2200 USD on Gemini !!!  (Read 2896 times)
GermanGiant (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 10:17:09 AM

Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 10:25:53 AM

How did this happen, is this kind of a joke or what?
$2200 is way to far from now Shocked

faucet used to be profitable
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 10:28:29 AM

Yeaaaah this was on /r/bitcoin 7 hours ago, you're just posting old stuff now...

Everyone is 99% sure it was just an accidental buy. Nothing new here, move along, Bitcoin is not going to the moon yet.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6165

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 10:29:08 AM

It's nothing and there is nothing to worry about for now since everything is back to normal, they are probably just testing their willybot  Roll Eyes

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 10:42:31 AM

Reaching such a price level on a single exchange != new high. This is just a sign that Gemini needs more liquidity. I'm still waiting for those "investors" that the twins were preparing for.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
doublemore

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 10:42:48 AM

How did this happen, is this kind of a joke or what?
$2200 is way to far from now Shocked

There was a very thin order book, this is so sick considering if you sold out @$2000 etc for a few bitcoins that might have been your sell target for the next bubble.  Now you get to rebuy, oh man!
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1358

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 10:43:26 AM

It must be bug or someone was really messed and accidentally did it.
But it is still funny that it hit $2200. HODL guys!
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 10:43:33 AM

dont worry about gemini.. just take a look on the right side of the OP's screen shot.
gemini has less then 50bitcoins in total to cover orders from $338-$684, so expect many spikes and dumps on gemini as they dont have the bitcoin to support real trade volume.

EG it only takes 8btc to knock the price upto $399.99
then 1btc to knock it to $493
then 21.25btc to knock it to $684

kind of funny actually that they would show such bare orders with no support

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
GermanGiant (OP)

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 10:52:13 AM

Reaching such a price level on a single exchange != new high. This is just a sign that Gemini needs more liquidity. I'm still waiting for those "investors" that the twins were preparing for.
I beg to differ. Last ATH was driven by a single exchange, more particularly by a single man.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 10:54:31 AM

I beg to differ. Last ATH was driven by a single exchange, more particularly by a single man.
Okay, your logic explained: I start a exchange. It has 5 BTC total in sell orders. I buy everything and shoot the price up to $5000 --> new ATH? I think not. Unless we reach this or similar prices on Bitstamp or Bitfinex, there's no point of talking about it. Read:

EG it only takes 8btc to knock the price upto $399.99
then 1btc to knock it to $493
then 21.25btc to knock it to $684

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 10:54:54 AM

The Gemini exchange doesn't have volume and its order book is nothing. With a buy order large enough you can get the price easily to $5000 and higher there.
Fraxinus
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 10:55:22 AM

This happen to be a quick trade and the price isn't at this level now.However,it is good to see such a price for bitcoin

Tstar
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

Decentralized Asset Management Platform

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 11:10:36 AM

I was expecting much more from such a thread. All we see is an order filled either by mistake or something.
We can not consider it an all time high.  Smiley

███████████████████████████
████▄▀▀▀███████████████████
█████▄    ▀▀▀██████████████
██████▄▄       ▀▀▀█████████
███████▀██▄▄        ▀▀█████
████████   ▀▀▀      ▄██████
█████████▄▄       ▄████████
█████████  ▀▀   ▄██████████
██████████    ▄████████████
███████████ ▄██████████████
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄██████
███████████████████████████
.COOK.
     Decentralized Asset Management Platform     
│▐ █     WHITEPAPER   │   TWITTER   │   LINKEDIN   │   TELEGRAM     █ ▌│
          ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀█████▄▄
███████████████▄▄█▀██████

█████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀███████▀███▄█
█████████████████████▀███▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▀█████████████▀█████████▀▀▀
       ██ ▀█▀ ▄██
       ▀██▄ ▄███▀
        ▀▀████▀▀
✔  Accessible
✔  Secure
✔  Transparent
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 11:56:39 AM

it does not count anything, on a tiny exchange with almost no volume compared to the big one

if it happen on a single exchange is pointless, it was the same with the $160 value on btc-e...
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 04:37:35 PM

It was apparently an error by the trader's side, he meant 220 and screwed up with 2200 by adding an extra zero or something. I think this guy shouldn't have been gifted with that, if we start correcting everyone's mistakes things that aren't mistakes will go reversed with the excuse of being a mistake.
doublemore

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 05:17:35 PM

The Gemini exchange doesn't have volume and its order book is nothing. With a buy order large enough you can get the price easily to $5000 and higher there.

Im kinda surprised anyone even had coins for sale up that high.  Looks like they might be getting some new accounts over there soon.  Now its happened though everyone will be over there incase it happens again, probably unlikely.
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 05:20:48 PM

I think it's a bug or an error it's very high price and not the actual price of Bitcoin as known
But i hope that Bitcoin reach this price soon this would support this cryptocurrency
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 06:38:46 PM

I still confused why this could happen ? $2200 today ? Its still impossible, I think this is just joke made someone.

it is possible..
remember the bitcoin price is not based on 15million coins being sold at one time..
its actually usually only 1coin-1000 coins on a market order which when sold gets used as a measure for the other 14,998,000 coins to go by.

the problem with gemini is that for just 50 coins, as shown in the OP's picture. somone can make the price jump to $684.

that said trying to make bitfinex, bitstamp, coinbase jump to $684 or $2000 will take alot more coins.. alot more..

so it is near impossible to jump a price that fast on proper high volume exchanges.. not only because you need to be super rich, but also the deposit limits to do with AML/KYC make it a headache to put in more then $10k, to even eat up large amounts of bitcoin, means its not that big of a chance of happening.

but gemini has so little amount of coins. it doesnt take much to do it

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
var53

Activity: 345
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 06:50:01 PM

Gemini has rolled back the trades now. There's no point putting ridiculously high sell orders on Gemini if it's going to roll back the trades every time one gets filled. I'd be annoyed if I sold at $2000, then got told they've reversed it. I remember a flash crash on Btc-e that didn't get rolled back even if it was caused by a fat finger.

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 07:03:06 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2015, 07:44:02 PM by erikalui

Gemini has rolled back the trades now. There's no point putting ridiculously high sell orders on Gemini if it's going to roll back the trades every time one gets filled. I'd be annoyed if I sold at $2000, then got told they've reversed it. I remember a flash crash on Btc-e that didn't get rolled back even if it was caused by a fat finger.

Glad that they corrected the error in time. Still don't get how did the price reach $2200 on the exchange just because of a market order placed as a mistake.

because he had instead of putting a buy order of XXX btc to sit at $220, in the hope that eventually there would be a drop in price to get cheap coins..
he put in $2200.. this means it would eat up all sell orders until either his funds run out, or he gets to his maximum target price of the order.

the reason a mistake hit $2200 is because there is not much volume on the sell orders.. so eating up sell orders and causing a price rise is rather cheap

Thanks a lot. This explains it all.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: