Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:39:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitoption Status Thread  (Read 7829 times)
bitoption (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2011, 11:03:42 PM

Hi Enky,

Actually you asked for a refund on an option you purchased before we swapped over. I offered to buy it from you at the greater of the price you paid or the intrinsic value.

That's a little different.

My quick update is that we're rewriting the Exchange API to deal with numerous changes made at Mt. Gox; Gox had gone dark on us for a while, but I think we're close to having feature parity from before the crash, based on some API additions Mark made last night.

Sorry for being out of touch; my life got crazy. As penance, I've hired a support person and programmer, Bitoption Support on the forums. He'll be in and commenting and helping out M-F at the least.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DamienBlack

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 12:15:32 AM

@bitoption

Glad to see this is still moving forward, I was starting to think this was a lost cause. Please prove me wrong soon.

In the meantime, I cannot withdraw my bitcoins, which as I'm sure you can imagine is very worrisome to me.

What should I do?
Enky1974

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 09:27:53 AM

Hi Enky,

Actually you asked for a refund on an option you purchased before we swapped over. I offered to buy it from you at the greater of the price you paid or the intrinsic value.

That's a little different.

No, you offered a refund, i never asked for it, i always asked to have my original call option back:)
when you offered a refund, i said yes, let's talk about it, i dont want to have a loss due to that problem etc..... but you answered saying that you were going to refund me the initial price of the option but i never received the money and i was a bit annoyed, that's all.
aniway i received the refund, thanks, it's ok, i hope the best for you and your service.
Cya

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 08:55:47 AM

Hi,

I would like to withdraw my funds because I don't think there's any progress being made on the bitoption site lately...

How can I withdraw dollars?
(I can't exchange those for BTC, because that's not working...)

When I withdraw BTC it says: "transfer of **** btc failed. Sorry! We logged the incident and will respond soon."

How can i withdraw my dollars and BTC?

Regards,

Frans.
bitoptionSupport

Activity: 7

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 05:27:37 AM

Hi all,

Here's an update: I have reworked most of the system, including how we hold bitcoin, and how we deal with withdrawals. Please read the following information:

NOT WORKING STILL
  • Purchasing And Selling Contracts
  • The Bitoption BTC Page
  • Auto-exercise of contracts
  • The Trading API
Working
  • Transfers from here to Mt. Gox
  • Transfers back from Mt. Gox
  • Withdraw and Deposit
  • Detailed history of all transactions
  • The Contracts Tab

Change in Functionality: We have moved to a multi-exchange system; this means we can hold your Bitcoin for you if you prefer not to have it in Mt. Gox. Transfers between exchanges are relatively speedy. Due to how Mt. Gox works (and also what we feel are best practices) we only send and receive BTC through our own wallet now; this means you will need to have BTO-BTC to withdraw.
Ryan and I are still working feverishly, the market making bot is ready to go, and needs a few hooks written on the exchange side. I worked 22 hours yesterday, and roughly 60 hours in the last 4 days; we are very close to a much improved exchange. Thanks for your patience.

Questions: please e-mail ryan@bitoption.com or admin@bitoption.com.

Bitoption Admin
franzl

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 07:24:52 AM

Thank you for your PM and all the hard work you've done!
I'm glad to see there's still a lot going on.

I'll keep my funds @bitoption... Smiley

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 05:17:20 AM

I see the site has changed and now says it is undergoing "finalized support for market makers".
 - https://bitoption.org

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Ragnar17

Activity: 55

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 03:21:26 AM

I would be very interested but the site has not worked for me once yet. Is the site down or something? Or is it just me...
chungenhung
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 08:17:22 PM

I would be very interested but the site has not worked for me once yet. Is the site down or something? Or is it just me...
site is down for me too.
brendio

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 04:45:04 AM

The site has been down since the Mt Gox hack. When was that? About a year ago? I do miss it. I'm still waiting for a good alternative.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 03:14:49 AM

I'm still waiting for a good alternative.

The most liquid alternative:
 - http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/MPEx

Potential, but no trading on it yet:
 - http://www.BitcoinOPX.com

Then there is icbit.se futures:
 - http;//www.icbit.se

As always, there are various risks with these.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █