Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:53:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Campaings already cutting rates  (Read 3697 times)
Lituation

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

Free Speech is the most important thing.

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 10:40:41 PM

Boycotting - a posting freeze - would work perfectly. BUT, the hard part is getting people to comply to it. You'd risk giving your spot up for some person just joining that wants in, but at least you'd have stuck to your principles! And of course all the vet bitcointalkers that hate the volume the signature campaigns bring would be thrilled!

You should give it a shot!

If you are confident about your posts you won't have a problem. Because there are too many users but only few quality posters. Campaign managers will select better users for their limited places. Don't forget it's all about how you advertise your product. Companies don't want some shit-posters to advertise their product/site when they have a choice to pick only elite posters.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 10:25:56 PM

I dont have any problem with Bit-x, these people play fair.

BTC went up 30% and payment was reduced 30%. USD vise, I make exactly the same.
And when BTC drops another 30% we will not see a rise of 30%.

The unfortunate or ironic thing is that the US (since we're talking about BTC in terms of USD), when the economy improves most people get to make more money via raises and bonuses. Now that's the evil economy so many people want Bitcoin to triumph over, yet in this example when the bitcoin economy improved a class of workers got pay cuts.

It's worse than a disparity in pay! I love capitalism. I understand why they're doing this. I wish more people were upset and could take action. 

Come on, stop shit-posting. Bitcoin is not this fabulous massive currency yet, face it. We do not have a world economy revolving around us. Bit-X, et cetera, have costs in US dollars. They quite often deal with US dollars. The money they pay you with is Bitcoin, but that's bought and usually budgeted in US dollars. You are getting paid the exact same, pretty much. And you're not a worker. You're getting the privilege of getting paid like someone who has an ad on their car.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: