Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:35:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your views on Bitcoins future  (Read 3442 times)
ad2041 (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 02:33:19 PM

Give your views will Bitcoin currency replace all the digital currencies and become the most used currency in future
sana9821

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 03:30:21 PM

i believe that it might become the official currency of a wide variety of countries and its price will rocket up to few thousands each

SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 3462

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 04:16:42 PM

Yes I do believe it will replace all the other digital currencies in becoming the main digital currency or rather most accepted and in terms of being the most used currency, that's going to be really tough since USD is still the most used currency abroad so unless all the other countries get involve and use BTCitcoin, then I guess the chances of seeing it replacing a fiat currency is very much lower than we all want it to be

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 04:37:29 PM

Bitcoin doesn't need to replace any other digital currencies since their all garbage.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 04:44:13 PM

i believe that bitcoin will play a serious side role when it comes to being an alternative currency, which it already is. for me it doesn't have to replace anything. bitcoin as alternative is more than enough for me.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 04:48:10 PM

I think he is referring to replacing digital payment methods not currencies (altcoins). We all have an opinion but really nobody knows for sure what Bitcoin future is. For other areas, we can foresee how a company may do next year depending on its growth, plans, etc. But Bitcoin world is a volatile one, full of uncertainties.

Take this into consideration, what would happen if tomorrow France discovered that the attacks were funded with Bitcoin therefore declaring it illegal? This would be a huge hit on BTC value. There are plenty of stuff like that are quite pausible. On the other hand, Bitcoin gets more and more interest from huge companies every month so maybe next year it could find a niche, for example replacing Western Union and the demand becomes huge. Another option is that something else appears that is more easily accepted by the mainstream (Bitcoin is not easy to work or understand for common people)

In conclusion, it can be worth millions or nothing in the next years. Trying to figure out its future its futile.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6165

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 04:53:32 PM

There is no doubt that Bitcoin is a success , If we are going to speak about replacing the alternative coins then It's already done and in my point of view .. altcoins are simply cheap copies of Bitcoin and they will never surpass it .
If we speak about fiat , I wouldn't be so sure honestly . Maybe people will switch to bitcoin when it comes to buying and selling stuff but they will always keep fiat (Euro , dollar ...) to cash-out  BTC .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 06:14:15 PM

it may be good also for bitcoin to simply play a big role with the fiat currency there is no need to replace them all to be globally adopted

and sadly i believe, like many other that replacing all fiat will not happen ever...
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1358

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 07:13:16 PM

I believe it will be all legal to use worldwide, it will be acceptable in most shops.
And its' price will rise more with success.
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 07:38:59 PM

I have viewed the future and the future is bitcoin/blockchain.

I think all aspects of life will utilize the blockchain. There will be useful and innovative applications and uses of the blockchain which will make the way we do things cheaper and more efficient. The blockchain will be incorporated into our lives in amazing ways yet to be discovered.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 07:44:34 PM

My view and hope is that Bitcoin will have it's breakthrough as a online currency first. This includes online shopping,e-commerce, new ways of monerarization for gamers, youtubers, streamers, bloggers, newspapers (buying articles via micropayments) etc.

Secondly I hope for Bitcoin having an impact in foreign remittances markets.

And thirdly it will increase in daily use worldwide and coexist with fiat money.
HarryKPeters

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 09:05:42 PM

In the near future bitcoin will be the only official e-currency. With better (secured) wallets and usable for the masess, adopton will come.

I don't expect a big rise (x10), but that is not something whey i am into bitcoin. I got into bitcon because it is the future of any transactoins, secure, anonymous, decentralized and made & maintained by the users..

No banks, multinationals or even governements.. you, me & everbody else.

Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 09:09:54 PM

Bitcoin will definitely change the way we see and use money. Last, even close change like this has came in the 60s when credit cards were introduced.

Yes I see Bitcoin still being a king of the crypto currencies in the near future. There are many other alternative coins but the world ain't ready even for Bitcoin at the moment and not for some other more complicated coins.

I see a long way and hard and bumpy road in front of us but I think we have a fair chance to revolutionize the way money is being used in the next 10 years.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 09:22:57 PM

I don't think it will replace any currently existing fiat currencies, but it definitely can co-exist with other fiat currencies to get the best of both sides. It will be a very successful alternative way of making payments and storing of wealth.
HarryKPeters

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 09:27:09 PM

I don't think it will replace any currently existing fiat currencies, but it definitely can co-exist with other fiat currencies to get the best of both sides. It will be a very successful alternative way of making payments and storing of wealth.

True it will never replace non-virtual money, however a key aspect of a currency is it uniqueness. Being the no.1 virtual currency gives it trust and usabillity when more and more shops etc. start adopting it.

Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 10:20:06 PM

True it will never replace non-virtual money, however a key aspect of a currency is it uniqueness. Being the no.1 virtual currency gives it trust and usabillity when more and more shops etc. start adopting it.

+1

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 11:27:01 PM

Bitcoin will limp through the next few years. There are too many problems with security and useability. Being associated with child pronographers and drug dealers and terrorists hamper mass adoption. Chinese government will start cracking down on it as well. You are all going to be f*cked.

MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 11:38:44 PM

Bitcoins future?

A means for people living in economies trashed by the NWO, to circumnavigate their governments capital controls, in order to preserve their own wealth, at the expense of helping the NWO trash said economy even more effectively.

In the end, I expect the whole thing to go up in a massive bang and a mushroom cloud, impoverishing all involved with Bitcoin, with the exception of a select few.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 12:14:46 AM

Bitcoin has a near perfect economical model which turns labor into value as money should be valued.
Too bad the world we live in is not perfect and will never work as perfect as we would want it to work.
Bitcoin is as perfect as cash or as gold. Both gold and cash have drawbacks too mostly that people can steal them from you.

I do think Bitcoin has a future but not as a sole currency but more as cash or gold.

One of the major reasons why bitcoin will never become the sole store of value are the following situations....
- Getting a mortgage: Go to a bank? NO banks do not exist in a perfect bitcoin world.
- Benefits for disabled: Go to the government? Where do they get their bitcoins from?!? Tax ?!? How do you tax a potentially invisible currency?

For Bitcoin to make it as a sole currency the world and our cultures must change quite considerably first. I don't see that happening in our lives...

I believe that relying solely on Bitcoin would currently require anarchy which looks great on paper but doesn't work.

Bitcoin can do a lot for us now but it will never be the only currency.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 02:18:32 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2015, 02:29:38 AM by disclaimer201

BTC will be a reserve currency widely used by large bitcoin holders, which will happen to be big market movers/institutions/companies/ maybe even governments. It will never really be used for point of sale transfers on a massive scale, particularly not for everyday articles. Why? It's insane to spend a currency that is gaining value by the year. And too complicated or risky, even with QR codes and mobile phones. You wouldn't use gold coins to do your grocery shopping, and gold isn't even deflationary as Bitcoin is by design. Nevertheless, BTC will be a great form of hedging against fiat and a great solution for retirement savings, unless you are impatient or sell at a local low. You will still be able to buy anything with BTC, but it will likely be a yacht or a house because of its future value. Can't afford it, you say? So, you likely won't be using Bitcoin then! Perhaps you will use an altcoin, but which one is a tough question.

How likely will you use bitcoin regularly in the future? A bit, if you happen to be holder of a considerable amount, say 10 Bitcoins. I have hardly ever bought anything for it, and I'm lucky I didn't because prices went from a few cents to hundreds of Dollars. And this isn't even the future! Deflation will not change suddenly if BTC is worth 10x as much or even 100x as much.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: