Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:05:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cant receive bitcoins from an address that I have ,cant recover address  (Read 722 times)
jasonlogrande (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 10:04:31 PM

I was sent bitcoins while i was syncing. after the sync finished I could not recover the address in my wallet to try and collect. Here is my address 1MnuYoHQTTUgYXixEUsGWVdoHVSqmJTVzq that was confirmed on blockchain. How can I have this sent to me?

https://blockchain.info/address/1MnuYoHQTTUgYXixEUsGWVdoHVSqmJTVzq

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2015, 10:08:10 PM

I was sent bitcoins while i was syncing. after the sync finished I could not recover the address in my wallet to try and collect. Here is my address 1MnuYoHQTTUgYXixEUsGWVdoHVSqmJTVzq that was confirmed on blockchain. How can I have this sent to me?

Which wallet software or service are you using?

Can you elaborate more on the marked section? What do you mean by "could not recover the address"?

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1299

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 02:18:46 AM

Did you give the person or entity that sent you the coins that address?  Are you saying you don't have the private key for it?
jasonlogrande (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 04:46:17 PM

Yes I dont have the private key or know where to get it.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 05:11:35 PM

You might want to consider giving us more information if you want help.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 05:17:55 PM

If you need to sync, I think you are using bitcoin core. Can you see that address under the address tab of bitcoin core? If you can, you are safe and you probably haven't finished syncing yet. The full blockchain need days to download.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1299

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 05:37:55 PM

Does the transaction show up in your balance?  Does the address show up in Bitcoin Core? If so, you should be able to export the private key.  If not, you should be able to recover it from a backup of the wallet.
LuckyYOU

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 10:54:16 PM

Better yet, did you make a back up of your private key?

If not, there is a big chance your lost your coins? If not try to memorize your default passwords while it is a recent event. The long your wait, the bigger the chance it will not come up.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: