Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:35:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Odd question concerning Bitcoin wallet protocol versions  (Read 502 times)
solid12345 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 02:56:00 AM

i'm investigating an old alt coin that hasn't had a update in months, all the online nodes and wallets report wallet protocol versions as 70013 which I think is a standard Bitcoin protocol?

Recently though one has been popping up on the explorer with a version 0 protocol. I've seen it come online twice now, both with the same IP address. Is there anything that would explain this? Could it be a new version being tested in secret?
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6641

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2015, 03:29:43 AM

i'm investigating an old alt coin that hasn't had a update in months, all the online nodes and wallets report wallet protocol versions as 70013 which I think is a standard Bitcoin protocol?

Recently though one has been popping up on the explorer with a version 0 protocol. I've seen it come online twice now, both with the same IP address. Is there anything that would explain this? Could it be a new version being tested in secret?
That seems like they have implemented their own version numbering since 70013 is not a current protocol version in Bitcoin. Here is a list of all of the versions: https://bitcoin.org/en/developer-reference#protocol-versions in Bitcoin. Version 0 is probably something that someone did in that altcoin that isn't a part of bitcoin.

solid12345 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 04:33:21 AM

That seems like they have implemented their own version numbering since 70013 is not a current protocol version in Bitcoin. Here is a list of all of the versions: https://bitcoin.org/en/developer-reference#protocol-versions in Bitcoin. Version 0 is probably something that someone did in that altcoin that isn't a part of bitcoin.

So if all the old versions of the wallet are based on version 70013 does that mean this could be a new secret wallet in testing? One theory one of my friends suggested is it could be a multi-coin wallet like electrum.

I guess I'm just trying to figure out if there is clues to the coin being worked on in secret. Otherwise I can't think of any other explanation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: