Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:25:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What moves bitcoin price?  (Read 7468 times)
Huobi-USD (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2015, 08:59:25 AM

For stock exchanges, situations like what happened in Paris with the terrorism attack,means changes in the prices of the stocks, but due to bitcoin is kind of different, for you, what do you have to be in mind when you speculate about the price? I mean, what type of news or kind of doings, you have to keep in your mind to get winner in the bitcoin transactions?

Huobi Secure and Trustworthy!
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 09:07:50 AM
Last edit: November 17, 2015, 09:36:26 AM by crazyivan

For stock exchanges, situations like what happened in Paris with the terrorism attack,means changes in the prices of the stocks, but due to bitcoin is kind of different, for you, what do you have to be in mind when you speculate about the price? I mean, what type of news or kind of doings, you have to keep in your mind to get winner in the bitcoin transactions?

One word - China. Since the day one, Chinese users move the price.
Also, I expect this upcoming block halving to move the price up, big time. However, we still have a few months until this kicks in.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 09:14:02 AM

While Chinese market has major impact on BTC price, it is not the only factor, and it is not like China has monopoly and owns bitcoin.
Bitcoin is influenced by overall economic situation of the markets, bad or good news, whales who tries to earn by pumping and dumping and god knows what else.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2015, 09:30:51 AM

demand.

yenxz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 09:45:14 AM

Depending amount of bitcoin maybe?
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

supply and demand is the most important aspect right now. at this point there are more sellers than buyers. that's why it is so hard to advance to higher price levels. after the block halving it will be completely different.
a7mos

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 09:49:57 AM

Bitcoin price depends on supply ad demand , that means when there are a lot of buyers the prices rises and vice versa
OrientA

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 10:16:45 AM

Bitcoin price depends on supply ad demand , that means when there are a lot of buyers the prices rises and vice versa

The supply of total number of bitcoin is limited to 21 million. But the daily supply of bitcoin is elastic. When the price is high, there are more people will to sell, so the supply is higer. Therefore the price is mainly dependent on bitcoin requirement.When there is more usage of bitcoin, ie higher demand, the price will be higher.
ThunderThomas

Activity: 210

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2015, 10:18:08 AM

China plays a big part in it

but also supply and demand, it depends a bunch on how much is being mined and bought/traded

n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 10:22:33 AM

I think news about big demand in arrive. Like the last one from China. Were some days before that the price of bitcoin in Chinese exchanges were higher comparing to the others worldwide. One good speculator can find this a signal for probable increase of price because this demand can continue for several days. So try to speculate or to buy. I don't know if someone did this and for sure not me because I am not a trader. But wanted to tell with this example that the possible increase of the demand can affect primarily the price of bitcoin. i don't see any other kind of events which can move it. The flow at the market is stable. I don't think that can be someone who can have amounts of bitcoins which, if introduced in the market, can move the supply in such amount that can affect the price.

At the last bitcoin is out of the interest of various authorities and economies. It is to few to affect the last ones. Even some Governments/Central Banks have fear and have banned it.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4469

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 10:54:28 AM

at the moment the order of magnitude of real feasible movement, not the silly unrealistic and unexplainable spikes and drops.. is:
1) cost to create -mining costs due to difficulty rises and reward halving
2) exchanges becoming easier to get FIAT into them
3) population growth.

a few people might say the order is wrong. but when you look historically at things like the rise from $12-$200, the majority of that was due to last reward halving.
the spike of $200-$1000, was initially when mining difficulty shot up (first Terrahash miners hit the scene)(followed by china speculation which burst soon after).
and this years change from the $200+ rise, is helped by media and exchanges drumming up new users.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 01:08:26 PM

Trading is the same, whether it's stocks, commodities, currencies.. etc.  There's buyers and sellers, pumpers and dumpers, bulls and bears, etc, etc...  The rest is mostly market noise.

You of all people should know this.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
bitcoin-hunter

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 03:11:23 PM

I don't know 100% how it moves. But as long it increase I am find with it.

Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 03:30:29 PM

Just like the stock market is moved by good and bad news, Bitcoin market gets moved as well by the good and bad news.

Stock market as well gets moved by the speculation just like Bitcoin market does. The only thing is that Bitcoin market is much smaller so we can sense this much faster. Stock market is bigger and this is harder to notice.

In a sense, Bitcoin market and stock market are very similar!
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 03:45:03 PM

good news move it, china move it but only if there reason to move it, it could be because of the mining(the halving) or because of the good news about trading in china
LuckyYOU

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 03:50:10 PM

The more bitcoin buyers there are the more it will increase (demand)

China has somewhat to do with it, not exactly sure how but if someone could explain this to me, that would be awesome and i'd learn another new thing today!

Pk880058

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 04:17:47 PM

Though i don't know much about the trading stuff, but i strongly think that any good news and more buy orders than sell orders increases the demand of bitcoins on exchange , which pushes the bitcoin prices up.
emelac

Activity: 184

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 06:13:23 PM

Just like the stock market is moved by good and bad news, Bitcoin market gets moved as well by the good and bad news.

Stock market as well gets moved by the speculation just like Bitcoin market does. The only thing is that Bitcoin market is much smaller so we can sense this much faster. Stock market is bigger and this is harder to notice.

In a sense, Bitcoin market and stock market are very similar!

A Bitcoin exchange getting hacked, or a dark market exit scam moves the price. If enough bitcoins have been stolen there is a huge crash after the bad news gets out. The bitstamp hack and evolution dark market exit scams both resulted in huge crashes after the bad news got out.
avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 06:53:23 PM

Bitcoin price is very volatile and has seen some large fluctuations Since its inception in 2011 when you could buy bitcoin few cents Since that bitcoin price raise every year and day. Now according to today's rate its 336.90$ as you said because demand also its going for price globally
Bulletin

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 07:03:50 PM

Supply and demand, china sometimes, gox and bad news moves price really fast
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: