Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:02:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Centralized NXT IS BEING DEAD  (Read 15720 times)
Blocktree (OP)

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 01:19:34 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2015, 02:41:11 AM by Blocktree

NXT is being dead as the fully centralized core developer(only one),the UNtransparent price manipulation ,shit scam assets and without any real use but just for dump Grin

ALERT WITH THIS "SCAM" COIN.

The thread is nothing with troll and hate,just the fact of NXT.

i don't see information about forging
who does it work ?

i have 2753 nxt  sins 2 weeks  forging enable   but no information about it
how long does it take for a reward ?  does i have enought nxt ?

Somebody is playing naughty/hilarious games with NXT's difficulty, by driving it up sky-high and then removing their support, which causes a massive delay before the next block is found.  It's the equivalent of a market-based pump and dump, but at the protocol level.

That's a typical problem for abandoned crypto projects.  For all NXT's shameless self-promotion as The Next Big Thing, it didn't solve that very basic issue.

Guess,what's the block time of NXT?
45Mins

Grin

What's the block time of Bitcoin?
10Mins.

Grin

What happened to TF, any ETA on its implementation? Its surprising that after all this time there is still no TF when it was one of the features promised on launch.

If you understand TF*  == the ability to predict the next block with a high probability... such as said here...

TF is just an ability to "predict" the future. All the other is bells and whistles.

The only centralized dev even did not know TF clearly,so you think a arrogant guy know it? Grin

I admit I am equally confused when it comes to TF terminology and stages, with CfB explanations usually cryptic. Maybe mthcl, or ChuckOne to whom some of this knowledge was supposedly transferred, or CfB himself should clarify.

94% loss.  My bad, I was off 2%

Wrong.  ETH is Turing-complete, which means it can do everything NXT does, and more.

Unlike the useless scam-assets launched on the NXT platform, ETH is growing a DApp store full of revolutionary new functionality.

If NXT "has a far better package" why is Auger using ETH?
If NXT "has a far better package" why is Slock.it using ETH?
If NXT "has a far better package" why is ConsenSys using ETH?
If NXT "has a far better package" why is Colony.io using ETH?

If NXT "has a far better package" why is Microsoft Azure offering ETH as a service?

If NXT "has a far better package" why is are ~30 banks of R3 using ETH?

Stop insulting our intelligence with your asinine falsehoods.

Like I said, if it´s almost totally worthless it´s probably for a good reason.

Since a 6.3 million market cap is "almost totally worthless", feel free to transfer me an "almost totally worthless" amount of crypto at anytime.
If with all coins controlled by only creator,I can make TOP1 cap. Grin

@come-from-beyond
Why are you still here?
I lock this thread coz I don't use BitcoinTalk anymore.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=112676.100

So for another scam coin,IOTA? You break your tongue. Grin

Don't forget,JINN is also a scam.

I can't speak to if NXT as a whole is a scam currency, but my personal experience was that it took basically two days to confirm a transaction. And when I went to make a small transaction to test something out it said my password was wrong.

Enough to scare me away.

NXT is dying because people like Come-from-Beyond have not updated their Asset threads in roughly 222 days:

So, consequently, the NXT Asset Exchange is a Ghost Town doing about $5,000/day is total volume...
Which is a laughable level of liquidity considering that 90% of this is 5-10 people manipulating the prices of shit like "JINN Labs" and "SuperNET".

come-from-beyond
Namecoin has higher marketcap than Nxt despite the fact that Nxt includes Namecoin functionality and even more, much more...
The fact,
Namecoin is not manipulated by only one developer.
Namecoin block time is not 50 min like NXT.
Namecoin is not a dump coin.

Jinn/IOTA - What is really going on?
JINN failed.
IOAT is just a copycat of DagCoin.

This is an unmoderated thread to discuss Jinn/IOTA and to figure out the truth of what is really happening.

Originally, Jinn assets were sold on the NXT exchange under the premise that they would turn into legal "profit-shares" that would be distributed to the asset holders.

https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/%28ann%29-jinn/msg156081/#msg156081
Quote from: Triangle

Instead we'll ask everyone who holds Jinn tokens to give us their contact information (we'll need this in preparation for the legal transfer of profit-shares in the near future anyway) where we'll answer more intricate questions, without opening ourselves up for scruitiny from every angle imaginable in public.

Then it was decided that these Jinn assets wouldn't entitle their holders to a share of the profits, but instead they would be redeemable for a cryptocurrency called IOTAs.

IOTA - JINN SWAP
We are happy to finally be able to share the details surrounding the JINN to IOTA conversion. The JINN tokens will be locked at the fixed value of 0.0063 BTC, the reasoning behind this is that we offer this conversion primarily for those that did not understand what they bought when they bought JINN. This was the value on the time of the sale and thus ensures that absolutely no one lost anything on their purchase of JINN tokens.

Then, it was declared that IOTA wasn't really a cryptocurrency.

https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/iota-jinn/msg201723/#msg201723
IOTA should not be considered a cryptocurrency, even if it may have been described as that by us or others previously.

Then, it was declared that IOTA shouldn't be considered an investment.

https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/iota-jinn/msg201628/#msg201628
IOTA should also not be considered an investment.  There is absolutely no guarantee that the IOTA that you purchase will increase in value. Instead you need to consider that over time it may decrease in value.
https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/iota-jinn/msg201890/#msg201890
Yes. It's *NOT* an investment.

Why does David/Uniqueorn/Triangle/iotatoken keep changing the terms of the arrangement with investors?  How can he say that people haven't lost anything when what is being given to them, "a non-cryptocurrency, non-investment", is different from what was originally promised, "profit-shares"?
JINN failed.
IOAT is just a copycat of DagCoin. Grin

As expected! Roll Eyes

That's the reason why majority of online wallets removed NXT from their lists including Shapeshift.io Shocked

It's a shame that the developers had a mere intention of dumping the coins rather than pushing it's ability a lot further. Undecided

I already smelled something fishy when they skipped the question of future road-map towards NXT!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.msg5567483#msg5567483

My guess is that what they really want is just a few large players working as a tight group to control the network (it would explain the reason why so few were included in the IPO also - things like 21 BTC are just red herrings to my thinking).

Ok,the truth:

At the just beginning,the 73 holders as centralized node validating transactions.

Now,NXT add more hardcoded checkpoints to make it work.

NXT IS CENTRALIZED to achieve consensus,and NXT network will suspend or rewrite easily without these checkpoints.

Worst design,just copy bitcoin with stake replacing mining hash.

Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 01:47:07 AM

NXT is being dead as the fully centralized core developer(only one),the UNtransparent price manipulation ,shit scam assets and without any real use but just for dump Grin

Sources?

(p.s. welcome back   Grin )
WorldCoiner

Activity: 1069
Merit: 682

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 04:50:50 AM

don't think so Sir. There was very nice progress within the last two years.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 05:28:42 AM

NXT is being dead

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
box0214

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 05:35:11 AM

should rename this sub forum "city of trolls"

Blocktree (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 08:28:40 AM

don't think so Sir. There was very nice progress within the last two years.
Yes, THE PRICE AND MANIPULATION=NICE PROGRESS. Grin
Blocktree (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 08:35:49 AM

Sources?

You can find any source you need on NXTFORUM.ORG,full of arrogancy.

Yes,come back for dumping all my 3 NXT I hold. Wink
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 09:06:16 AM

I imagine it's doing much better than your investment in coffeecoin
Blocktree (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 12:33:24 PM

Grin
GriffinHeart

Activity: 182

Hello there!

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 01:51:28 PM

Erm, but why? Where are you pulling this from?
I can't find anything about the NXT devs for anything recent...

Hi there, I'm from South Africa.
This means I'm poor, I guess.
Blocktree (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 03:37:58 PM

Erm, but why? Where are you pulling this from?
I can't find anything about the NXT devs for anything recent...
https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-6-2/
galdur

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 03:54:02 PM

Not very familiar with this particular shitcoin but when a unit in these dogs is pretty much worthless (half a cent US or so here) they´re probably half-dead already. It´s similar to penny stocks; way overissued shares in murky companies tend to trade very close to zero.

BARR_Official

Activity: 686

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 05:59:52 PM

Not very familiar with this particular shitcoin

If you haven't paid attention to the Top 10 cryptocurrencies for the past 2 years, or if you don't know about "2.0 crypto", you don't have to brag about it

Buying At Retail and Restaurants - BarrCryptocurrency.com
coinyoo

Activity: 210

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 06:25:22 PM

i do not understand why such trolls do not get any bans. it is obviously that this user is spreading pure fud.

galdur

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 06:45:31 PM

Not very familiar with this particular shitcoin

If you haven't paid attention to the Top 10 cryptocurrencies for the past 2 years, or if you don't know about "2.0 crypto", you don't have to brag about it

Well, I´ve known of its existence of course, but garbage all looks pretty much the same to me. Like I said, if it´s almost totally worthless it´s probably for a good reason. Just because some penny stock claims to be the next Microsoft doesn´t mean that I rush to buy tons of it.

BARR_Official

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 06:54:24 PM

So...since there are only 9 altcoins that are worth more than NXT...then there's probably a good reason it's been one of the top 10 most valuable coins for the past 2 years?

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 06:56:56 PM

Since a 6.3 million market cap is "almost totally worthless", feel free to transfer me an "almost totally worthless" amount of crypto at anytime.
galdur

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 06:59:10 PM

So...since there are only 9 altcoins that are worth more than NXT...then there's probably a good reason it's been one of the top 10 most valuable coins for the past 2 years?

Each unit is practically worthless but there´s a billion units so the whole is still worth something..

I guess the same idiots invest in shitcoins and penny stocks.

BARR_Official

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 07:18:39 PM

Each unit is practically worthless but there´s a billion units so the whole is still worth something..

You don't seem to have a grasp of how things work.  Like stocks, or marketcaps, or mathematics.

When a company splits its stock, and the price per share is cut in half but the number of shares doubles, do you understand that the company is still worth the same amount? 

If you buy $100 worth of an altcoin, and that gets you 50% of the entire supply, then nobody else is buying and the entire coin is only worth $200.  It doesn't matter if you paid $100 for 1 coin and only 1 other coin exists. 

If you buy $100 worth of NXT, the market doesn't even notice.  $100 doesn't get you 1/100th of a percent of the entire supply.  That's because a lot of other people are buying. 

Of all the thousands of altcoins that have ever existed, NXT is one of the most valuable.  If you think it's garbage, then every other coin is garbage too and your statement was unnecessary.  Just saying.

galdur

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 07:24:36 PM

You don't seem to have a grasp of how things work.  Like stocks, or marketcaps, or mathematics.

When a company splits its stock, and the price per share is cut in half but the number of shares doubles, do you understand that the company is still worth the same amount? 

If you buy $100 worth of an altcoin, and that gets you 50% of the entire supply, then nobody else is buying and the entire coin is only worth $200.  It doesn't matter if you paid $100 for 1 coin and only 1 other coin exists. 

If you buy $100 worth of NXT, the market doesn't even notice.  $100 doesn't get you 1/100th of a percent of the entire supply.  That's because a lot of other people are buying. 

Of all the thousands of altcoins that have ever existed, NXT is one of the most valuable.  If you think it's garbage, then every other coin is garbage too and your statement was unnecessary.  Just saying.

I understand that if each unit is practically worthless it´s for a good reason. Overbloated and overissued and crap to begin with being the most common one. You however seem to lack this elementary understanding.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: