Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:48:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEWS] BitJohn Leaves Cryptsy + Interview  (Read 1168 times)
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 03:49:40 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2015, 04:00:06 AM by Spoetnik

Re: CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action

November 16, 2015, 07:56:53 AM

Quote from: Spoetnik on November 16, 2015, 07:46:25 AM
You have always been masterful at PR BitJohn.. a true gift LOL

- I tend to find if you stick to the facts PR does the work for itself.

Regardless of what ever i think i DO appreciate you taking the time to talk to us all.

- Got lots of free time now haha

For one thing a mob screaming law suit is gonna make the girl clamp those legs closed.
and we want to coax her into opening those puppies up for us  Grin

BUT !
On the flip side with out the pressure we may not have gotten a response at all.

But i don't expect much for answers all things considered.
With looming legality issues in crypto in general business's have to watch what they say of course.

- I think that and the fact I left lead to the lack of replies.

So.. hey why not throw another question out there.
@BitJohn i always have liked you and i was surprised to see you said you left.
Has it been a long time ?
I ask simply out of curiosity eh.

- Officially not very long though I did what was needed for a semi smooth transition its been a few weeks.

I am not bs'ing we have always gotten along pretty well and had many convo's (many conflicting views) on things.
A centralized exchange has to exist to make money and that puts itself in conflict often.
Such as do you add a scammy crap coin to make money ?
Or do you refuse it for the good of crypto.
For example we have talked about Doge coin more than once LOL

- I always enjoyed our chats honestly. We never refused money for the good of crypto generally refused the scammy crap for legal reasons. Not to mention adding a coin with a premine etc for a couple hundred bucks in a shit coin is a poor business model.

EDIT:
I have to say i appreciate BitJohn taking the time to speak to us in such a hostile environment / topic.
He has always been a calm in the storm.. a PR master LOL
You would be hard pressed to see this guy snap and lose it..

But with a mob with pitch forks coming after Cryptsy on that topic i was surprised he spoke up so much.
And because that topic is crazy i figured most people will have missed what BJ said.

And i don't know about you guys but BitJohn leaving Cryptsy is pretty big news in my books !

FUD first & ask questions later™
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 04:47:35 AM

Smart move

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 07:41:52 AM

well i guess these noobs don't understand the gravity of the situation eh Spots ?

turdminer

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 03:42:51 PM

maybe this explains why their support is either inept, or non existent lately. been waiting on a BTC deposit for almost a month now, it was confirmed on the block chain just never credited to my balance. made several tickets, showed them the tx id etc, nobody home. would've taken 30 seconds to confirm my deposit. i use bittrex now because if anything goes wrong again on cryptsy, I think it would take months to resolve. are they circling the drain? i think more people should join me in leaving crypsty, they obviously can't handle their current user base (or confirm a tx id).

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 04:01:38 PM

fuck fuck fuck

yeah the Titanic may have hit an iceburg and the engine room is flooding
but the Capt. is ignoring these facts.

Mean while passengers can exit to the life boats, but only at the rate of 1lb. per 24 hrs and a max of 4lbs per 30 days.
Fuck me I am 400lbs.  Grin

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 07:11:23 PM

maybe this explains why their support is either inept, or non existent lately. been waiting on a BTC deposit for almost a month now, it was confirmed on the block chain just never credited to my balance. made several tickets, showed them the tx id etc, nobody home. would've taken 30 seconds to confirm my deposit. i use bittrex now because if anything goes wrong again on cryptsy, I think it would take months to resolve. are they circling the drain? i think more people should join me in leaving crypsty, they obviously can't handle their current user base (or confirm a tx id).

actually if you click on the reference link i posted you can see more of BitJohn talking.
and he actually said just that..

i think he was saying basically.. i would have to go and re-read what he said exactly though.

Should i scream insolvency ?
I don't know maybe.
Or maybe it's just time we face facts.. this crypto stuff is suffering bad.
Or maybe there is a combo of factors going on that include shady or immoral behavior.
I don't know.. that is what we all want to find out !

Be careful out there guys.

Remember no exchange is a bank designed to hold your coins long term.

EDIT:
The link is in my sig too Wink

EDIT2:
@BitcoinNational
That sounds like a withdrawal "tier" issue ..maybe contact support ?
Don't ya all just miss the days when you could login and just click withdraw to get your coins out *quick ?
Seem to me that they have setup these exchanges so they never have to risk all users pulling coins out too fast.
The perfect system for a business who is insolvent LOL

EDIT3:
The mice that run Cryptsy's hamster wheel are smart !
Think about this guys..
What if Mt. Gox had Cryptsy's Tier system in place ?
Gox would still be open fucking us around hahahha

EDIT4:
We may have to go back to the start and invest in Magic The Gathering Trading Cards (Mt.Gox's first business model)
I hope all the noobs out there know that is what Mt. Gox actually stands for Wink

TinEye

Activity: 639
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 09:29:40 PM

What exactly is the withdrawal issue? Is it only some stuck, or no one is getting any money out? If it is the former then there might be still hope that it is due to incompetence.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 09:42:04 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2015, 10:19:49 PM by CoinHoarder

What exactly is the withdrawal issue? Is it only some stuck, or no one is getting any money out? If it is the former then there might be still hope that it is due to incompetence.

Some people claim instant withdrawals and some claim they've been waiting for months. After Mt. Gox I wouldn't take any chances. If you don't mind trading derivatives I suggest using Bitshares' decentralized exchange. More volume is needed on there though before it is truly a great solution. Volume is very low except in the BTC/BTS/USD/CNY markets.

Edit: Oh wait.. I remember you. You really hate Bitshares from what I remember from our previous conversations. Disregard my comment.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 12:56:32 AM

I should point out this topic was moved from Alt main to Service discussion.
I had thought about that when i created the topic but felt it was more a general crypto news story.
But yeah i guess if you want to look at it the other way..

I have to wonder if this was not just an attempt to stop people from being aware of the Cryptsy Lawsuit topic.

It's a pitty because this was informing people off crypto what is going on.
We all know most guys don't even know there is other sub-forums.

I also think the criteria used to move it was sketchy.
Many other topics are a better candidate for this forum section but get left in Alt main.

BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 01:06:44 AM

I should point out this topic was moved from Alt main to Service discussion.
I had thought about that when i created the topic but felt it was more a general crypto news story.
But yeah i guess if you want to look at it the other way..

I have to wonder if this was not just an attempt to stop people from being aware of the Cryptsy Lawsuit topic.

It's a pitty because this was informing people off crypto what is going on.
We all know most guys don't even know there is other sub-forums.

I also think the criteria used to move it was sketchy.
Many other topics are a better candidate for this forum section but get left in Alt main.

Not surprising if it says Cryptsy or has an exchange name they move it now.
jesselivermore

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 03:09:39 PM

"What exactly is the withdrawal issue?"

I cannot verify what others have experienced, only myself.  For many of the alt coins there have been withdrawal problems over the last year.  Let's say you put in a withdrawal for 100k FLO.  It would show up as 100k pending.  Then you'd refresh and it would show 50k.  Then 25k.  This happened to me many times, this halving of the number requested.  Then some time around the first of this month it got REALLY bad.  All BTC and LTC withdraws would go straight to pending and be forever "stuck".  A request to cancel the withdrawal would be immediately followed if requested.  A lot people were converting to DOGE to withdraw and then DOGE withdraws started locking up.  Obviously people who arb coins would be the first to notice as their accounts will sometimes get out of balance and have to re-balanced by having to withdraw coin from exchange to exchange.

BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 03:15:19 PM

"What exactly is the withdrawal issue?"

I cannot verify what others have experienced, only myself.  For many of the alt coins there have been withdrawal problems over the last year.  Let's say you put in a withdrawal for 100k FLO.  It would show up as 100k pending.  Then you'd refresh and it would show 50k.  Then 25k.  This happened to me many times, this halving of the number requested.  Then some time around the first of this month it got REALLY bad.  All BTC and LTC withdraws would go straight to pending and be forever "stuck".  A request to cancel the withdrawal would be immediately followed if requested.  A lot people were converting to DOGE to withdraw and then DOGE withdraws started locking up.  Obviously people who arb coins would be the first to notice as their accounts will sometimes get out of balance and have to re-balanced by having to withdraw coin from exchange to exchange.

What your describing is what the programming does to mitigate wallet issues with too many inputs. So you make a withdraw the RPC request hangs. It cuts it in half and tries again (less inputs). It will continue to do that until the RPC call is successful.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: